The AICP-END Blog
PO Box 20669
Bakersfield, CA 93390-0669
Business Phone: 661-374-1430
IF YOU WANT TO KNOW WHO IS BACKING THE HARRIS-BIDEN 2020 CAMPAIGN, IT’S THE CHI-COMS, THEY ARE FUNNELING THE CASH TO THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY WHO THEN- OR SO WE BELIEVE- CHANNELS IT TO THE VARIOUS DEMOCRATIC POLITICIANS AS WELL AS TO ANTIFA, BLACK LIVES MATTER, AND OTHER BROWN SHIRTED THUG GROUPS AROUND THE COUNTRY!
TODAY IN HISTORY AT THE AICPENDBLOG.COM @ WORDPRESS.COM
TODAY IN HISTORY—WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 16, 2020:
Second Der Führer Admiral Karl Dönitz; the Faces featuring Kenney Jones, the Grateful Dead in Egypt, the Lovin’ Spoonful featuring Joe Butler, Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers featuring Ron Blair, and T-Rex featuring Marc Bolan:
- 1498 Friday: Tomas de Torquemada, infamous for his role in the Spanish Inquisition, died in Avila, Spain.
- 1620 Sunday: The Mayflower departs Plymouth, England, bound for the New World. She arrives in Provincetown, Massachusetts, on December 26, 1620. Aboard her were 102 passengers bound to establish a new colony.
- 1630 Friday: The village of Shawmut changed its name to Boston.
- 1652 Friday: Spanish troops occupy the British-held area of Dunkirk.
- 1654 Sunday: Russian troops occupy the city of Smolensk in Poland.
- 1702 Thursday: Emperor Leopold I declare war on France, Cologne, and Bavaria.
- 1782 Saturday: The Great Seal of the United States appears for the first time. American leaders impressed it upon a document used to negotiate a prisoner-of-war agreement with the British.
- 1795 Monday: British troops occupy Cape Town, South Africa.
- 1810 Saturday: Mexicans were inspired to begin their successful revolt against Spanish rule by Father Miguel Hidalgo y Costilla and his “Grito de Delores” (“Cry of Dolores”).
- 1812 Tuesday: During Napoleon’s occupation of Moscow, Russia, the Great Fire of Moscow breaks out and devastates much of the city.
- 1848 Friday: France abolishes slavery in ALL its territories.
- 1857 Tuesday: The song, “Jingle Bells” by James Pierpont undergoes copyright under its original title, “One Horse Open Sleigh.” Pierpont wrote the song, one considered a Christmastime Perennial, for Thanksgiving.
- 1859 Thursday: British explorer David Livingstone discovers Lake Nyasa, which forms Malawi’s boundary with Tanzania and Mozambique.
- 1862 Monday: Liliuokalani, queen of Hawaii —reign 1891-1893—marries John Owen Dominis. Meanwhile, the bloodiest battle of the American Civil War—Antietam—takes place in Maryland.
- 1891 Tuesday: In Grünau, Berlin, Germany, the man who would become the chief of Kriegsmarine’s U-Boat wing, Admiral Karl Dönitz, is born. Following Adolf Hitler’s suicide in the Berlin bunker, Admiral Dönitz became the Führer from 04-30-to-05-23-1945 and would survive the war, dying in 1980.
- 1893 Friday: More than 100,000 settlers swarmed onto a section of land in Oklahoma known as the “Cherokee Strip.”
- 1908 Wednesday: William Crapo “Billy” Durant founded General Motors in Flint, Michigan on this date in history. He did so by merging Buick and Olds car companies.
- 1910 Friday: Bessica Medlar Raiche of Mineola, N.Y., made the first accredited solo airplane flight by a woman in the United States.
- 1919 Tuesday: Congress issued a national charter to the American Legion.
- 1924 Tuesday: Jim Bottomley set a new major league baseball record when he knocked in 12 runs in a single game.
- 1940 Monday: President Franklin D. Roosevelt signed the Selective Training and Service Act into law, the nation’s first Draft Act. Elsewhere in government, Samuel T. Rayburn of Texas became Speaker of the U.S. House of Representatives.
- 1941 Tuesday: Adolf Hitler orders that ‘for every dead German, 100 Yugoslavs are to die.’ Meanwhile, farther east, German armor surrounds the Ukrainian city of Kiev during Operation Barbarossa. Elsewhere, Joe Butler—future drummer with the Lovin’ Spoonful—is born in the United States on this date.
- 1948 Thursday: Kenney Jones, drummer for both the Small Faces and later, the Faces,[i] featuring Rod Stewart, Ronnie Wood, Ronnie Lane, and Ian McLagan, was born in London on this date. Elsewhere, longtime bassist with Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers[ii], 1976-1982 / 2002-present, Ron Blair, is born in the USA on this date.
- 1953 Wednesday: “The Robe,” the first movie presented in the widescreen process Cinemascope, had its world premiere at the Roxy Theater in New York. Elsewhere, the American League gave permission to the St. Louis Browns to move to Baltimore, Maryland, where they changed their name to the Baltimore Orioles.
- 1964 Wednesday: The rock-and-roll show “Shindig!” premiered on ABC-TV.
- 1968 Monday: President Richard M. Nixon appears on the television comedy show, “Laugh-in.” Elsewhere, the final episode of “The Andy Griffith Show” appeared on CBS on this date.
- 1972 Saturday: The “Bob Newhart Show” premiered on CBS-TV.
- 1974 Monday: President Gerald R. Ford announced a conditional amnesty program for Vietnam War deserters and draft evaders.
- 1976 Thursday: The Episcopal Church formally approved women for ordination as priests and bishops.
- 1977 Friday: Glam-Rocker Marc Bolan, singer and guitarist of the British band, T-Rex[iii], died in an automobile wreck on this date in time. Meanwhile, elsewhere in the world, Maria Callas, the American-born prima donna famed for her lyrical soprano and fiery temperament, died in Paris at age 53.
- 1978 Saturday: The Grateful Dead[iv] perform at the Great Pyramid in Giza, Egypt.
- 1982 Thursday: The massacre of between 1,200 and 1,400 Palestinian men, women, and children at the hands of Israeli-allied Christian Phalange militiamen began in West Beirut’s Sabra and Shatila refugee camps; the Palestinians had it coming!
- 1985 Monday: The Communist Party in China announced changes in leadership that were designed to bring younger officials to power.
- 1987 Wednesday: Two dozen countries singed the Montreal Protocol, a treaty designed to save the Earth’s ozone layer by calling on nations to reduce harmful emissions of chemicals by the year, 2000.
- 1988 Friday: Tom Browning pitched the 12th perfect game in major league history.
- 1990 Sunday: An eight-minute videotape of an address by U.S. President George H. W. Bush appeared on Iraqi television on this date. In it the President warned that actions of Saddam Hussein could plunge them into a war ‘against the world.’
- 1994 Friday: A federal jury ordered Exxon Corp. to pay a $5 billion punitive damage award to the people harmed by the 1989 Exxon Valdez oil spill. However, the U.S. Supreme Court later reduced the payout to $507.5 million, which made more sense. Elsewhere, for the first time in 10 years, two astronauts from the space shuttle Discovery went on the first untethered spacewalk.
- 2001 Sunday: President George W. Bush, speaking on the South Lawn of the White House, said there was “no question” Osama bin Laden and his followers were prime suspects in the Sept. 11 Islamist terrorist attacks; Bush pledged the government would “find them, get them running and hunt them down.”
- 2002 Monday: U.N. Secretary-General Kofi Annan announced that Iraq had unconditionally accepted the return of U.N. weapons inspectors.
- 2003 Tuesday: In the WNBA Championship, the Detroit Shock beat the Los Angeles Sparks, 2 games to 1.
- 2005 Friday: President George W. Bush ruled out raising taxes to pay the massive costs of Gulf Coast reconstruction in the wake of Hurricane Katrina, saying other government spending had to be cut to pay for the recovery effort. How about not going to war in Iraq, Mr. President, why didn’t you think about that before invading the Middle Eastern nation in 2003?
- 2007 Sunday: O.J. Simpson undergoes arrest in the alleged armed robbery of sports memorabilia collectors in Las Vegas. A jury later convicted “The Juice” of kidnapping and armed robbery, and then sentenced the thug to an indeterminate term of between nine-to-33 years in prison. Meanwhile, contractors for the U.S. security firm Blackwater USA guarding a U.S. State Department convoy in Baghdad opened fire on civilian vehicles mistakenly believing that they were under attack; 14 Iraqis died. It is what it is, folks.
- 2008 Tuesday: General David Petraeus stepped aside as General Ray Odierno took over as the top American commander of the Iraq War.
- 2010 Thursday: Poverty rates in the United States hit a 15-year high of 14.3 percent or 43.6 million Americans—all the while illegal aliens pour in to take American jobs!
- 2013 Monday: Health officials discover the brain-eating amoeba, Naegleria fowleri, in tap water near New Orleans, the first time ever detected in the U.S. water supply. Elsewhere, Aaron Alexis, a former U.S. Navy reservist, went on a shooting rampage inside the Washington Navy Yard, killing 12 victims before being shot dead by police.
- 2014 Tuesday: NASA outsources its role in space travel by awarding a $4.2 billion contract to Boeing and a $2.6 billion contract to Space Exploration Technologies (SpaceX) to shuttle astronauts between Earth and the International Space Station.
- 2015 Wednesday: In the journal, “Nature,” Oxford University reports that thanks to the intervention of modern medicine in Africa, approximately 700 million cases of malaria have been prevented. We know that hydroxychloroquine is one of the best anti-malarial drugs in use on the African continent and in 2020, it’s interesting to note that a country such as Uganda that has long used this extremely low-cost drug the deaths in 2020 from COVID-19 are almost nonexistent. Elsewhere, in Burkina Faso, security guards launch a coup taking President Michel Kafando and other ranking government officials into custody.
- 2016 Friday: Democracy Now reports that Donald Trump continues to dis President Barack Hussein Obama by suggesting that the 44th president was not born in the United States. Folks, millions of Americans, and millions more around the planet do not believe Obama[v] was born in the U.S. so WTF? Meanwhile, following a campaign rally in North Carolina the previous day, Hillary Clinton minimizes her public appearances. What is wrong with this woman?
- 2017 Saturday: Tropical Storm Maria, which would batter the Caribbean as a powerful hurricane, formed in the Atlantic. Elsewhere, California lawmakers voted to move the state’s presidential primary up by about three months to March, a move that would force candidates to mount expensive campaigns earlier.
- 2018 Sunday: In Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, Kansas City Chiefs quarterback Patrick Mahomes sets an NFL record with 10 touchdown passes in the first two games of the regular season, lighting up the Steelers’ secondary with six touchdown passes for a road win of 42-37. Meanwhile, the Washington Post reports that potential U.S. Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh committed sexual assault in the 1980s when he was a young man, charges since proven to be FALSE.
- 2019 Monday: The New York Times publishes a story in which, it charges the U.S. military prison in Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, as being the most expensive in the world that each prisoner costs the taxpayers $13 million annually. Meanwhile, On This Day reports that the personal information of every citizen in Ecuador was found online on an unsecured server. Go figure.2020 Wednesday: Warned ahead of time that his book about his time in the Trump administration contained classified information, former National Security Advisor John Bolton finds himself- along with his publisher and support staff- finds himself under investigation by the U.S. Department of Justice. We told you so, John! Meanwhile, America’s insurance companies announce that this year’s ongoing ‘peaceful protests,’ aka rioting, looting, arson, rape, and murder- will be the costliest in U.S. history, claims coming in between $1-2 billion. Thank you, Democrats, thank you, Marxist-Socialist thugs. Elsewhere, pot-smoking New York City Mayor Bill Di Blasio- struggling to remain lucid- announces that HE and his mayoral staff of at least 500 workers will go on furlough for two weeks, beginning in October. Dude, you do nothing anyway but thanks for allowing the city to hold onto your $250,000 annual salary.
- 2020 Wednesday A: In Austin, Texas, two construction cranes collide into one another killing no one but injuring at least 22 people on the ground. Illegal aliens at the controls? It is Texas, after all. Meanwhile, Hurricane Sally, a Cat 1 storm, continues assaulting the coastlines of Louisiana, Alabama, and Mississippi. Rains are heavy, storm surges strong, and flooding rampant. Elsewhere, NFL ratings are in a nosedive, the opening week’s ratings coming in with a 20-percent or more drop in viewership. Every game save the New Orleans Saints-Tampa Bay Buccaneers was below normal. Don’t expect it to get any better anytime soon, the league’s owners MUST- we repeat, MUST- terminate the contract of Commissioner Roger Goodell and send this virtue-signaling POS packing and then must regain control of the players and enforce the rules. You remember ratings were DOWN in 2016 and were it not for Donald Trump, they would have continued tanking. This is your second chance, NFL team owners, and if you blow it this time, we expect America’s favorite sport will be as popular as midget mud-wrestling. Don’t blow it. Speaking of football, the BIG 10 says it is going to return to playing games. Congratulations!
- 2020 Wednesday B: Senate Minority Leader and knuckle-dragger Sen. Chuck Schumer wants the head of Health and Human Services boss Alex Azar’s head over some bogus charge concerning the Xi Jinping Yellow Fever Bat Flu. Chuck- STFU. Meanwhile, Real Clear Politics polling average shows “Pro-China Joe” Biden with a lead of 49-percent to 44.7-percent over Trump. Wow. You go, Joe, you go! Next, along the west coast, out-of-control wildfires continue to burn acres and take lives yet in our northern neighbor, Canada, the wildfire season is way, way down thanks to proper forest management. Democrats, do NOT think we won’t remember who is responsible for all the ills come November or in November 2022, November 2024 and onward. YOU will pay. Finally, last night, Tucker Carlson on Fox News Channel had Chinese Virus Crisis whistleblower Dr. Li-Meng Yan on his program and she told the host that Beijing knew the facts concerning the Wuhan Flu and that they INTENTIONALLY ALLOWED IT TO ESCAPE. It is interesting to note that famed bastion of free speech, Twitter (yeah, right), silenced the doctor’s account on September 15. My, my, my!
- 2020 Wednesday C: The U.S. Senate Homeland Security Committee has issued subpoenas to former CIA director John Brennan, former National Security advisor James Clapper, and former FBI director James “The Saint” Comey. Good. Bring them in and bust their balls on live TV! Elsewhere, radio talk show king, Rush Limbaugh, reports today on his program that new polling shows that in strife-torn cities and towns across the country, voters favor Donald Trump by a 2-1 margin in November. Ooops! Not good for the Democrats!
- 2020 Wednesday D: Here are today’s Comrade Xi Jinping’s Bat Flu Statistics for the globe: 29,689,922 confirmed cases, UP by 281,498 cases, 937,543 confirmed deaths, UP by 6,376 deaths, and 20,152,872 confirmed recoveries, UP by 201,786 recoveries. Here are the numbers for the United States: 6,704,125 confirmed cases, UP by 29,165 new cases, 199,297 confirmed deaths, UP by 912 new deaths, and 3,636,578 confirmed recoveries, UP by 21,091 new recoveries. (The number of recoveries would be even greater if Blue State governors would report them but alas, we know they won’t- corrupt motherf**kers). Now that Mo is living in Israel, here are the numbers for that nation: 170,465 confirmed cases, 1,165 confirmed deaths, and 122,785 confirmed recoveries.
- 2020 Wednesday E: Next, in the three states in which, the world-famous American Institute of Culinary Politics-The Elemental News of the Day employs chef-authors, California, Hawaii, and Washington, here are the stats, Golden State first: 771,288 confirmed cases, 14,648 confirmed deaths, but as is the norm, NO mention of confirmed recoveries. Next, here are the stats for the Aloha State: 10,951 confirmed cases, 100 confirmed deaths, and 3,885 confirmed recoveries. Finally, in the Ever-Red, uh, we mean, the Evergreen State, here are the stats: 84,320 confirmed cases, 2,107 confirmed deaths, but like California, the palooka-faced governor, Jay Inslee, won’t share the number of confirmed recoveries. Shame on these flipping Democrats. Let’s take a look at one more state, Idaho: 35,984 confirmed number of cases, 420 confirmed deaths, but no mention of the confirmed number of recoveries- thank you, Governor Brad Little for acting like a Democrat and remaining mum on this figure.
- 2020 Wednesday F: Here are today’s BIG Stock Market closes: DOW Jones Industrial Average: 28,032.38, UP 36.78 points (+0.13%). Next, the NASDAQ: 11,050.47, DOWN 139.85 points (-1.25%). Finally, here are the stats for the S&P 500: 3,385.49, DOWN 15.71 points (-0.46%). The price of GOLD is $1,967.20 per troy oz., -3.30 (-0.17%) while the price of SILVER is $27.32 per troy ounce, -0.156 (-0.57%). The price of PLATINUM is $972.80 per troy oz, -0.70 (-0.07%) while the price of COPPER is $3.06 per pound, 0.00 (0.00%). The price of PALLADIUM is $2,399.00 per troy oz, -7.50 (-0.31%). The price of Light Sweet Crude Oil is $40.17 per barrel, +0.01 (+0.02%). Currently, one-dollar U.S. = 6.75 Chi-Com yuan. Meanwhile, one-dollar U.S. = 0.85 euros and in Mexican pesos equals 21.03.
- 2020 Wednesday G: President Donald J. Trump- speaking from the White House today- said that he believes a vaccine will be available to combat the Wuhan Virus sometime in October. Earlier in the day, CDC Director Robert Redfield said that ‘masks are good’ and that ‘he was not as optimistic about a vaccine before late 2021.’ We shall see. However, Dr. Scott Atlas says 100 million doses should be available by the end of 2020. Elsewhere, “Pro-China Joe” Biden says his legal advisors have told him that he could probably issue a nationwide mask mandate via executive order. Joe: NOT enough prisons to hold everyone who will not obey the bull crap order. Better to make hydroxychloroquine, aka Plaquenil, available to ALL Americans.
- 2020 Wednesday H: Meanwhile, the U.S. Department of Justice charges five Chi-Com hackers with attempting to hack into more than 100 sites including social media and government. Currently, law enforcement is tracking these scalawags down. Next, President Trump reverses himself from an earlier stance and says that limited briefings on U.S. elections security will be provided to key members of Congress. As everyone knows, the Chi-Coms, the Russkies, the Iranians, the Cubans, the North Koreans, the Venezuelans, everyone with an ax to grind against the U.S. is going to attempt changing U.S. election results in November as they always do. When Barack Hussein Obama was president, he said influencing an election one way or another was nearly impossible so why would things be any different now?
- 2020 Wednesday I: Not sure what the Chi-Coms and their running dog lackeys, the Democratic Party are doing today but when we find out, we will report it so make sure you stick around and find out with us…
BEVERLY CARRICK ORIGINAL ARTWORK OF THE DAY:
This artwork is #0223 a 12” x 16” original oil painting by Beverly Carrick, which, she entitled, “Red Cliffs.” It is among her more beautiful works and is available for sale. You can see much more of her work at her Website, found at beverlycarrick.com, or at the blog’s Facebook page. At her Website, you will see not only more original oil paintings but also lithographs, giclees, prints, miniatures, photographs, and even her award-winning instructional video entitled, “Painting the Southwest with Beverly Carrick.” Beverly has been painting for more than 60 years and known around the world for both the beauty and timelessness of her artworks. Hanging in private and public galleries and followed by many fans encircling the globe—her works instill awe because of her artistic brilliance and personal beauty. We urge you to go to her Website NOW and view her work. It is possible that you will find something you like and will want to buy it for yourself, a friend, a loved one, or a neighbor! You will not be disappointed so please: do yourself a favor and go there IMMEDIATELY! Thank you, the American Institute of Culinary Politics-Elemental News of the Day!
Beverly Carrick: The World’s Greatest Artist (1927-2012)
ALBUM OF THE DAY AT THE AICPENDBLOG.COM:
Electric Light Orchestra released their seventh ‘best of’ compilation, “All Over the World,” on May 21, 1987. This one contains 16 classic tunes from earlier in the group’s career plus some alternate releases such as single mixes of some of the classics. We do hope you will seek this one out and consider adding it to your collection along with yesterday’s “Ole ELO” so you can have the best all in one place. You’ll love it.
The above icon is the “Trademark of Quality and Symbol of Integrity/Logo” of the Magnolia Hilltop Brewers and of What’s Cookin’ Productions. The AICP-END Blog copyrights this article © 09-16-2020, all rights reserved.
The American Institute of Culinary Politics-Elemental News of the Day
The Stinkbug symbol on CDs, DVDs, and Books means “approved by the American Institute of Culinary Politics-Elemental News of the Day” as well as adjusted or edited by the photographic editor
Original Beverly Carrick Artworks, Beverly Carrick—World Famous Artist, Kenney Jones, The Small Faces, The Faces, Rod Stewart, Ronnie Wood, Ronnie Lane, Ian McLagan, Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, Ron Blair, Joe Butler, Lovin’ Spoonful, Marc Bolan, T-Rex, Electric Light Orchestra, Chef Gervais Krinkelmeier,
TODAY IN HISTORY, WEDNESDAY SEPTEMBER 16, 2020
PLEASE READ OUR MAIN BLOG POST, PUBLISHED AT 12:01 A.M.
Wednesday, September 16, 2020:
[i] We began promoting the music of an interconnected group of bands including the Small Faces, Faces, and Rod Stewart beginning on Tuesday, 22-April-2014 through Tuesday, 01-July-2014. This was a massive undertaking of rock bands and solo artists so we hope you will seek them out and consider adding the music to your album collection.
[ii] At some point when we return to presenting the music of American bands, we will promote that of Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers as well as of Tom Petty himself. We hope you will await word as to when we do. We thank you.
[iii] We hope to promote the music of this famous British band, T-Rex, sometime within the next five years.
[iv] We began promoting the music of the Grateful Dead- including Jerry Garcia, Bob Weir, Mickey Hart, and Phil Lesh- beginning on Tuesday, 30-August-2011 through Wednesday, 11-January-2012. Then, we did a second series featuring more albums by this fabled San Francisco band beginning on Friday, 09-August-2013 through Monday, 19-August-2013. At some point, we will have to do a third series as the music from this band never ends. Please, seek them out and consider adding them to your collection.
[v] Many believe Barack Obama should be disqualified as a president because most believe he was born outside the United States which would ban him from ever seeking the highest office in the land. At the very least, an asterisk should be placed by his name in all U.S. history books.
Please donate to the AICPENDBLOG.COM as we seek to build the best Website on the planet
We encourage everyone to donate to the American Institute of Culinary Politics-The Elemental News of the Day, a place where professional chefs and culinary workers voice their opinions and do so sans any fear. We hope you will join us in the effort to build the best Website the world has ever seen. Will you help?
WE WELCOME ALL OUR FRIENDS AND NEIGHBORS TO THE NEW AICPENDBLOG.COM AT WORDPRESS.COM WHERE SCUM SUCH AS SUNDAR PICHAI CANNOT DRIVE A DAGGER INTO ONE’S NECK. PLEASE, SEND ALL YOUR FRIENDS TO VISIT US HERE AS THIS IS WHERE YOU GET THE UNVARNISHED TRUTH AND NOT THE ‘TRUTH’ COMMUNIST CHINA AND ITS LACKEYS WANT YOU TO HEAR