The AICP-END Blog
PO Box 20669
Bakersfield, CA 93390-0669
Business Phone: 661-374-1430
QUESTION OF THE DAY: IS MINI-MIKE BLOOMBERG THE REAL POWER BEHIND THE THRONE? IS HE THE PUPPET-MASTER PULLING THE STRINGS OF THE HARRIS-BIDEN 2020 CAMPAIGN?
TODAY IN HISTORY AT THE AICPENDBLOG.COM @ WORDPRESS.COM
TODAY IN HISTORY—TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 15, 2020:
Chef Tiresias Helenus Grinikeodopuloposlus; President (U.S. Secretary of War, and Chief Justice) William Howard Taft; U.S. Supreme Court Associate Justices Benjamin Robbins Curtis and Horace Gray; U.S. Secretary of State Richard Olney; U.S. Secretary of War William H. Crawford; the 13th Floor Elevators featuring Tommy Hall, the Cars featuring Ric Ocasek, Iron Butterfly featuring Lee Dorman, the Jefferson Airplane featuring Signe Toly Anderson, and Pink Floyd featuring Rick Wright:
- 608: St. Boniface IV begins his reign as Catholic Pope.
- 1620 Saturday: The Mayflower departs from Plymouth, England, with 102 Pilgrims aboard, bound for the New World.
- 1683 Sunday: Thirteen immigrant families found the township of Germantown, Pennsylvania, on this date.
- 1776 Friday: British forces occupied New York during the American Revolution.
- 1789 Sunday: The U.S. Department of Foreign Affairs was renamed the Department of State.
- 1795 Sunday: Cape Colony, South Africa, surrenders to the British.
- 1834 Sunday: In Crawford, Georgia, the 9th U.S. Secretary of War William H. Crawford died. A Democratic-Republican, he served under President James Madison from 08-01-1815 to 10-22-1816 and then became U.S. Treasury secretary.
- 1835 Monday: In Oxford, Massachusetts, future 34th U.S. Secretary of State Richard Olney is born. A Democrat, he would serve under President Grover Cleveland / served from 06-10-1895 to 03-05-1897.
- 1853 Wednesday: Reverend Antoinette Brown Blackwell underwent ordination on this date, which made her the first female minister in the United States.
- 1857 Monday: William Howard Taft—who served as the 27th Republican president of the United States (1909-1913) and as Chief Justice of the U.S. Supreme Court—was born in Cincinnati, Ohio. Following his presidency, Taft became the 69th overall U.S. Supreme Court justice as well as the 10th chief justice as President Warren G. Harding nominated him to fill the seat of Chief Justice Edward Douglass White. He served from 07-11-1921 to 02-03-1930. He also served the nation as its 42nd U.S. secretary of war and did so under President Theodore Roosevelt from 02-01-1904 to 06-30-1908. Meanwhile, Timothy Alder earned a patent for the typesetting machine.
- 1858 Tuesday: Under government contract, the first mail service in the United States to the Pacific Coast began on this date. Coaches from the Butterfield Overland Mail Company took 12 days to make the journey between Tipton, Mo., and San Francisco, Ca.
- 1862 Sunday: Confederate forces captured Harpers Ferry during the Civil War.
- 1874 Monday: In Newport, R.I., the 32nd U.S. Supreme Court Associate Justice Benjamin Robbins Curtis, first a Whig and then a Republican, died on this date. President Millard Fillmore nominated Curtis to fill the seat of Associate Justice Levi Woodbury. Curtis served from 10-10-1851 to 09-30-1857.
- 1887 Wednesday: The city of Philadelphia launched a three-day celebration of the 100th anniversary of the U.S. Constitution.
- 1902 Monday: In Nahant, MA, the 47th U.S. Supreme Court Associate Justice Horace Gray died on this date. President Chester Alan Arthur nominated Gray to fill the seat of Democratic Associate Justice Nathan Clifford. Gray served from 01-09-1882 to 09-15-1902.
- 1909 Wednesday: A New York judge ruled that Ford Motor Co. had infringed on George Seldon’s patent for the ‘road engine.’ Elsewhere, Charles F. Kettering applied for a patent on his ignition system. His company Delco (Dayton Engineering Laboratories Company) later became a subsidiary of General Motors.
- 1910 Thursday: Wilbur Wright makes his first airplane flight.
- 1912 Sunday: In Albania, war between Montenegro and Turkey breaks out that would set the stage for the larger conflict—World War I—to follow.
- 1914 Tuesday: The Battle of Aisne, France, takes place as German and French troops make contact. Meanwhile, U.S. Marines march out of Veracruz, Mexico.
- 1916 Friday: The British uses tanks in battle for the first time at the Battle of the Somme on the Western Front—the tanks are called “Little Willies” after Kaiser Wilhelm II.
- 1917 Saturday: Alexander Kerensky proclaims Russia to be a ‘republic.’
- 1923 Saturday: Governor John Calloway Walton placed Oklahoma under martial law due to terrorist activity committed by the Ku Klux Klan.
- 1928 Saturday: Alexander Fleming discovered the antibiotic penicillin in the mold Penicillium notatum.
- 1935 Sunday: The Nuremburg Laws deprived German Jews of their citizenship. Meanwhile, Nazi Germany adopts a new national flag featuring the swastika.
- 1938 Thursday: British Prime Minister Neville Chamberlain confers with Adolf Hitler at the Berchtesgaden.
- 1940 Sunday: AICP-END blogger, Chef Tiresias Helenus Grinikeodopuloposlus, was born in Greece on this date. Meanwhile, during the Battle of Britain, the tide turned as the Royal Air Force inflicted heavy losses on the German Luftwaffe, namely downing 185 German aircraft.
- 1941 Monday: Signe Toly Anderson, the first female vocalist of the San Francisco acid rock band, the Jefferson Airplane[i], was born on this date.
- 1942 Tuesday: During World War II, a Japanese submarine torpedoed the aircraft carrier USS Wasp; the U.S. Navy ended up sinking the severely damaged aircraft carrier. Elsewhere, future bassist with the rock group, Iron Butterfly[ii], Lee Dorman, is born in the U.S.
- 1943 Wednesday: Benito Mussolini, having been recently deposed by partisans, forms a new Fascist government so Italy can continue fighting the war on the side of Germany. Elsewhere, future electric jug player who gave the psychedelic Texas rock band, the 13th Floor Elevators[iii] its distinctive sound—Tommy Hall—is born in the USA on this date.
- 1944 Friday: The Red Army liberates the Bulgarian capital of Sofia, during World War II.
- 1949 Thursday: “The Lone Ranger” premiered on ABC-TV starring Clayton Moore as the masked hero and Jay Silverheels as Tonto.
- 1950 Friday: During the Korean War, United Nations forces landed at Inchon in the south and began their drive to reclaim Seoul and to drive the North out of the South.
- 1953 Tuesday: The National Boxing Association adopted the 10-point scoring system for all its boxing matches.
- 1954 Wednesday: As raucous fans looked on, Marilyn Monroe filmed her famous ‘billowing skirt scene’ for the “Seven Year Itch” over a Lexington Avenue subway grate in Manhattan; however, little, if any of the footage was used in the movie. The scene was later reshot on a Hollywood film set.
- 1959 Tuesday: Soviet Premier Nikita Khrushchev arrived in the U.S. to commence a 13-day visit.
- 1961 Friday: The United States began Operation Nougat, a series of underground nuclear explosions in the Nevada Test Site, two weeks after the Soviet Union resumed testing nuclear weapons.
- 1963 Sunday: Four black girls lost their lives when a bomb exploded at the 16th Street Baptist Church in Birmingham, Alabama. Years later, three Ku Klux Klansmen were convicted for their part in the blast.
- 1964 Tuesday: The prime-time soap opera, “Peyton Place,” premiered on ABC-TV.
- 1971 Wednesday: Scumbags founded Greenpeace on this date.
- 1972 Friday: A federal grand jury in Washington, D.C., indicted seven men for their part in the Watergate Hotel burglary.
- 1978 Friday: Muhammad Ali defeated Leon Spinks to win his third heavyweight boxing title.
- 1981 Tuesday: The Senate Judiciary Committee voted unanimously to approve the Supreme Court nomination of Sandra Day O’Connor.
- 1982 Wednesday: Iran’s former foreign minister, Sadegh Ghotzbadeh was executed after being convicted of plotting against the government. The first edition of USA Today was published.
- 1985 Sunday: Nike began selling its Air Jordan 1 sneaker on this date.
- 1992 Tuesday: The ex-Nazi, criminal financier George Soros earned his epithet “The Man Who Broke the Bank of England” when his Quantum Fund began dumping large amounts of pound sterling which crashed its value, thus driving the UK into a depression and driving the pound out of Enterprise Risk Management. Why the global financial community has not put a hit out on this POS is beyond us.
- 1994 Thursday: Jihadists in Algeria kidnap and behead 16 people. Time to wipe this scum out.
- 1997 Monday: The creators of the domain name google.com registered it on this date.
- 2001 Saturday: President George W. Bush ordered U.S. troops to prepare for war and braced Americans for a long, difficult assault against Muslim jihadists to avenge the September 11 attack. Meanwhile, beleaguered Afghans began fleeing Kabul, fearing a U.S. military strike against their hated Taliban rulers who were harboring Osama bin Laden.
- 2003 Monday : The WUSA soccer league shut down operations five days before the Women’s World Cup, saying it didn’t have enough money to stay in business for a fourth season.
- 2008 Monday: Rick Wright, the keyboardist of the British rock band, Pink Floyd[iv], died from complications related to lung cancer. Meanwhile, on Wall Street, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 504.48, or 4.42 percent, to 10,917.51 while oil closed below $100 a barrel for the first time in six months amid upheaval in the financial industry as Lehman brothers Holdings Inc. filed for bankruptcy protection and Merrill Lynch & Co. was sold to Bank of America.
- 2009 Tuesday: Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke said the worst recession since the 1930s was “very likely over,” although he cautioned that pain—especially for nearly 15 million unemployed Americans—would persist.
- 2012 Saturday: In Moscow, tens of thousands of Russians protest Vladimir Putin, chanting, “We are the power here” and “Russia without Putin!”
- 2013 Sunday: Hundreds of people, black and white, many holding hands, filled the Alabama church that the Ku Klux Klan bombed 50 years earlier to mark the anniversary of the blast that killed four little black girls and became a landmark movement in the struggle for civil rights.
- 2014 Monday: The U.N. will remove peacekeepers from the Syrian side of Golan Heights after the recent capture and release of 45 U.N. troops from Fiji by Syrian rebel forces; the U.N. has worked in the area for 40 years to keep peace between Syria and Israel.
- 2015: Tuesday: As the European Union Muslim ‘refugee’ and ‘migrant’ crisis continues causing problems for the nations of Eastern Europe, Hungary says, “ENOUGH!” and seals its border with Serbia with rows and rows of concertina razor wire. This strands loads of Muslims in a country with a negative history towards followers of the Prophet Mohammad.
- 2016: Thursday: The American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) and other human rights groups launch a new campaign to get President Barack Hussein Obama to grant a pardon to Edward Snowden, the man who along with Bradley, ahem, Chelsea, Manning delivered the goods to Julian Assange on unfavorable actions committed by the U.S. government. Of course, Barack Obama did not do this.
- 2017 Friday: NASA’s Cassini spacecraft disintegrated in the skies above Saturn after a journey of 20 years; it was the only spacecraft ever to orbit Saturn and send back images of the planet, its rings, and its moons.
- 2018 Saturday: In his record 20th title defense, Russian boxer Gennady Golovkin (38-1-1 with 34 KOs) finds himself outpointed by Mexican Canelo Alvarez (50-1-2, 34 KOs) losing the undisputed middleweight title. This match in Las Vegas was a shock in the betting world as no one thought Golovkin was going to lose.
- 2019 Sunday: Famed member of the East Coast rock band, the Cars[v]– Ric Ocasek (guitars/vocals/keyboards 1976-1988 / 2010-present)- is found dead in his home on this date. Meanwhile, Hong Kong freedom protesters outside the British Embassy find themselves under fire from the authorities with tear gas and water canyons. Protests there are growing in momentum as the people continue protesting the Chi-Coms.
- 2020 Tuesday: Hurricane Sally is expected to become a Cat 1 storm when it makes landfall later today along the coastlines of Louisiana, Alabama, and Mississippi. Residents are bracing for the worst and FEMA is on site. Meanwhile, at the White House, the foreign ministers of Bahrain and the United Arab Emirates are signing the historic peace agreement hammered out by the Trump administration between those Arab nations and Israel. Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu is also there signing the documents along with President Donald J. Trump. Elsewhere, the Palestinians are crying and screaming that they are ‘being stabbed in the back. Oh, boohoo. STFU you worthless scumbags- you’ve had your chances, more than any other country ever, to make peace. When ALL Arab nations sign onto this deal, you will have a choice: make peace with Israel or become the pariah of the world, forever shunned, dismissed, and driven away.
- 2020 Tuesday A: As wildfires rage out of control along the West Coast, at least 36 people in California alone are dead because of the conflagrations. All of this is easily preventable if only proper forest management would move to the fore once again. IF (and this is a big IF) the environmentalists and their Democratic Party stooges GENUINELY loved wildlife, particularly endangered species, would it not make more sense to protect their habitats by proper management coupled with an emphasis on protecting the flora and the fauna? It is all so unnecessary the level of destruction occurring in our forests that we hope in 2022, the people of California, Oregon, and elsewhere where dimwits rule remember everything these people have done and vote them out en mass! Enough is enough!
- 2020 Tuesday B: During a speech, Democratic vice presidential nominee Kamala Harris lets it slip that if she and “Pro-China Joe” Biden are elected, it will be a “Harris administration.” Folks, everyone knows this so don’t act shocked. Meanwhile, in Los Angeles, California, the county doubles the reward for information leading to the POS shooter who attacked two L.A. Sheriff’s deputies as they sat in their patrol car in Compton, California, from $100,000 to $200,000 and the sheriff encourages race-baiter Los Angeles Lakers star LeBron James to put up the same amount; in effect, telling him to put his money where his mouth is. So far, we’ve heard nothing from “King James” nor did we believe we would. He’s a punk. Finally, the city of Louisville, Kentucky, settles on $12 million to the family of Breonna Taylor. She is the woman who died in a crossfire of lead when police officers stormed into her and her boyfriend’s apartment with a NO-KNOCK WARRANT and then when the boyfriend opened up, she died in a fusillade of lead.
- 2020 Tuesday C: Following the signing of the peace accord at the White House earlier in the day, Palestinians begin firing rockets into neighboring Israel, wounding some citizens as they went about their daily lives. The Palestinians are a bunch of sniveling pigs. Stop! Elsewhere, in Iraq, rockets begin landing near the U.S. Embassy in Baghdad. This clearly is the work of the bottom-feeder Iranian Revolutionary Guard. We would hope the Trump administration sinks both their navy and takes out the oil refineries leaving them even more Third World than they now are. What is clear is that the new peace process in the Middle East is one that has a greater chance of succeeding and sources inform us that Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, possibly Yemen, Algeria, and perhaps Qatar might join in the process. Elsewhere, in response to the potential Iranian threat to attack a U.S. ambassador, President Trump warns the mullahs that they will pay a price ONE-THOUSAND TIMES WORSE than anything they might do. Could we see Tehran go up in a mushroom cloud?
- 2020 Tuesday D: Here are today’s Chi-Com Horseshoe Bat Flu Statistics for the globe: 29,386,463 confirmed cases, UP by 271,986 cases, 930,589 confirmed deaths, UP by 4,993 deaths, and 19,943,453 confirmed recoveries, UP by 270,382 recoveries. Here are the numbers for the United States: 6,665,316 confirmed cases, UP by 28,896 new cases, 198,085 confirmed deaths, UP by 718 new deaths, and 3,612,064 confirmed recoveries, UP by 31,279 new recoveries. We believe if the authorities would share the TRUE percentages of deaths per number of those with the disease- instead of making everyone who might have the Wuhan Flu in their system but did not cause their deaths- known, there would be LESS fear. It is also clear that misreporting the news has Americans believing at least 30 million Americans- OR MORE- have died from Xi Jinping’s Chi-Com Flu which is not true which was said a week ago so it shows misinformation is doing its job among the gullible and ill-informed citizenry.
- 2020 Tuesday E: Next, in the three states in which, the world-famous American Institute of Culinary Politics-The Elemental News of the Day employs chef-authors, California, Hawaii, and Washington, here are the stats, Golden State first: 768,334 confirmed cases, 14,477 confirmed deaths, but as is the norm, NO mention of confirmed recoveries. Next, here are the stats for the Aloha State: 10,887 confirmed cases, 99 confirmed deaths, and 3,693 confirmed recoveries. Finally, in the Ever-Red, uh, we mean, the Evergreen State, here are the stats: 83,962 confirmed cases, 2,096 confirmed deaths, but like California, the incline-headed governor, Jay Inslee, won’t share the number of confirmed recoveries. Shame on these flipping Democrats. Let’s take a look at one more state, the Empire State: 450,425 confirmed number of cases, 32,655 confirmed number of deaths, and like most other Blue States, NO number of confirmed number of recoveries. The governor of New York, the drooling moron Andrew Cuomo continues trying to blame President Donald J. Trump for all the deaths when he is the one who sent Bat Flu-infected people into rest homes where the most vulnerable people are, uh, we mean, were. Let us look at Israel’s numbers now that Mo and his wife are relocating there. Here they are: 162,273 confirmed cases, 1,141 confirmed deaths, and 120,443 confirmed recoveries. Watch out for the rockets, Mo!
- 2020 Tuesday F: Here are today’s Stock Market closes: DOW Jones Industrial Average: 27,995.60, UP 2.27 points (+0.008%). Next, the NASDAQ: 11,190.32, UP 133.67 points (+1.21%). Finally, here are the stats for the S&P 500: 3,401.20, UP 17.66 points (+0.52%). The price of GOLD is $1,961.90 per troy oz., -4.30 (-0.22%) while the price of SILVER is $27.34 per troy ounce, -0.119 (-0.43%). The price of PLATINUM is $978.40 per troy oz, -3.80 (-0.39%) while the price of COPPER is $3.06 per pound, -0.006 (-0.20%). The price of PALLADIUM is $2,417.50 per troy oz., +8.00 (+0.33%). The price of Light Sweet Crude Oil is $38.39 per barrel, +0.11 (+0.29%). Today, COFFEE is $124.30 per metric ton, +1.00 (+0.81). As for currency, one U.S. dollar = 6.78 communist Chinese yuan. By contrast, one U.S. dollar = 0.84 euros. Communist China manipulates its currency, a known fact which is why the world must disengage with them. Today, communist China’s ally, the World Trade Organization released a ruling that says ‘the U.S. violated international regulations by imposing trade tariffs on $278 billion of Chi-Com goods entering the U.S.’ Stop the crying, Beijing, this is NOTHING ruling and the U.S. will continue punishing you authoritarian SOBS.
- 2020 Tuesday G: Not sure what the Chi-Coms and their Democratic Party pawns are up to today but stick around and we’ll find out together…
BEVERLY CARRICK ORIGINAL ARTWORK OF THE DAY:
This artwork is #0222 a 12” x 16” original oil painting by Beverly Carrick, which, she entitled, “Primrose Evening.” It is among her more beautiful works and is available for sale. You can see much more of her work at her Website, found at beverlycarrick.com, or at the blog’s Facebook page. At her Website, you will see not only more original oil paintings but also lithographs, giclees, prints, miniatures, photographs, and even her award-winning instructional video entitled, “Painting the Southwest with Beverly Carrick.” Beverly has been painting for more than 60 years and known around the world for both the beauty and timelessness of her artworks. Hanging in private and public galleries and followed by many fans encircling the globe—her works instill awe because of her artistic brilliance and personal beauty. We urge you to go to her Website NOW and view her work. It is possible that you will find something you like and will want to buy it for yourself, a friend, a loved one, or a neighbor! You will not be disappointed so please: do yourself a favor and go there IMMEDIATELY! Thank you, the American Institute of Culinary Politics-Elemental News of the Day!
Beverly Carrick: The World’s Greatest Artist (1927-2012)
ALBUM OF THE DAY AT THE AICPENDBLOG.COM:
Electric Light Orchestra released their final studio album until decades later, “Balance of Power,” on February 17, 1986. The album was somewhat a change in direction featuring the lineup of Jeff Lynne (vocals, guitars, bass, synthesizers), Bev Bevin (drums/percussion), and Richard Tandy (keyboards, guitars, backing vocals). It is sad to see any band begin struggling but the 1980s and 1990s were a change in musical times. Still, this is a superb addition to the group’s growing discography, one we hope you will beat the bushes searching for as it contains some glitzy tunes such as “Calling America” and “So Serious.” First-rate music by one of the all-time best bands of the era.
The above icon is the “Trademark of Quality and Symbol of Integrity/Logo” of the Magnolia Hilltop Brewers and of What’s Cookin’ Productions. The AICP-END Blog copyrights this article © 09-15-2020, all rights reserved.
The American Institute of Culinary Politics-Elemental News of the Day
The Stinkbug symbol on CDs, DVDs, and Books means “approved by the American Institute of Culinary Politics-Elemental News of the Day” as well as adjusted or edited by the photographic editor
Original Beverly Carrick Artworks, Beverly Carrick—World Famous Artist, President William Howard Taft, Rick Wright, Pink Floyd, The 13th Floor Elevators, Tommy Hall, Signe Toly Anderson, The Jefferson Airplane, Chef Tiresias Helenus Grinikeodopuloposlus, Iron Butterfly, Lee Dorman, U.S. Supreme Court Associate Justice Benjamin Robbins Curtis, U.S. Supreme Court Associate Justice Horace Gray, The Cars, Ric Ocasek, U.S. Secretary of War William Howard Taft, U.S. Secretary of State Richard Olney, U.S. Secretary of War William H. Crawford, Electric Light Orchestra, Chef Gervais Krinkelmeier,
TODAY IN HISTORY, TUESDAY SEPTEMBER 15, 2020
PLEASE READ OUR MAIN BLOG POST, PUBLISHED AT 12:01 A.M.
Tuesday, September 15, 2020:
[i] We promoted the music of the Jefferson Airplane, the Jefferson Starship, Starship, and of the various bands’ members beginning on Tuesday, 05-April-2011 through Sunday, 22-May-2011. Please look for them and enjoy.
[ii] We promoted the music of Iron Butterfly beginning on Saturday, 27-July-2013 through Thursday, 08-August-2013. We hope you will seek them out and consider adding them to your ever-growing collection of rock music.
[iii] We began promoting the music of the famous acid rock band from Texas- the 13th Floor Elevators- beginning on Tuesday, 14-May-2013 through Thursday, 06-June-2013. We would encourage everyone to seek the music of this legendary band out and adding it to their collections. You will be glad you did.
[iv] We look forward to doing the Clash but expect to do Supertramp first, then Pink Floyd, then Electric Light Orchestra/the Move, then Yes, and then perhaps the Clash. They are among the amazing British rock bands of the 1970s and deserve to be acknowledged as such.
[v] We are not sure when we will present the music of the Cars but if you are still with us when we celebrate our second decade of activity, you may see them then so please, stay with us. We thank you.
Please donate to the AICPENDBLOG.COM as we seek to build the best Website on the planet
We encourage everyone to donate to the American Institute of Culinary Politics-The Elemental News of the Day, a place where professional chefs and culinary workers voice their opinions and do so sans any fear. We hope you will join us in the effort to build the best Website the world has ever seen. Will you help?
WE WELCOME ALL OUR FRIENDS AND NEIGHBORS TO THE NEW AICPENDBLOG.COM AT WORDPRESS.COM WHERE SCUM SUCH AS SUNDAR PICHAI CANNOT DRIVE A DAGGER INTO ONE’S NECK. PLEASE, SEND ALL YOUR FRIENDS TO VISIT US HERE AS THIS IS WHERE YOU GET THE UNVARNISHED TRUTH AND NOT THE ‘TRUTH’ COMMUNIST CHINA AND ITS LACKEYS WANT YOU TO HEAR