TODAY IN HISTORY
THE AICP-END BLOG
PO Box 20669
Bakersfield, CA 93390-0669
Business Phone: 661-374-1430
TODAY IN HISTORY AT THE AICPENDBLOG.COM @ WORDPRESS.COM
TODAY IN HISTORY—SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 06, 2020:
U.S. Secretary of War John Aaron Rawlings; U.S. heavyweight boxer Buster Mathis; Colosseum featuring James Litherland, Creedence Clearwater Revival featuring Tom Fogerty, the Jeff Beck Group featuring Mickey Waller, Pink Floyd featuring Roger Waters and the Quicksilver Messenger Service featuring Nicky Hopkins:
- 1620: Sailing from Plymouth, England, the Pilgrims aboard the Mayflower departed for the New World.
- 1622: Off the coast of Florida Keys, a Spanish treasure fleet disappears in a storm with the loss of the crews and all the wealth.
- 1628: The Puritans settle in Salem, Massachusetts; according to Brainy History, the witches are soon to come.
- 1757: The Marquis de Lafayette, the French hero of the American Revolution, was born in Auvergne, France.
- 1776: A hurricane hits the island of Martinique; the French and Dutch ships anchored there sink, too, taking more than 600 crewmembers with them.
- 1819: Thomas Blanchard patented a machine called the lathe.
- 1861: Union forces led by General Ulysses S. Grant occupied Paducah, Kentucky, during the Civil War.
- 1862: Confederate troops under the command of General Stonewall Jackson occupy the city of Frederick, Maryland.
- 1869: The first westbound train arrives in San Francisco, California. Meanwhile, in Washington, D.C., the 29th U.S. Secretary of War John Aaron Rawlings died. A Republican, he served under President Ulysses S. Grant from 03-13-1869 to 09-06-1869.
- 1876: The Southern Pacific rail line from Los Angeles to San Francisco underwent completion on this date.
- 1886: England’s Queen Victoria establishes the Distinguished Service Order (DSO).
- 1899: Carnation processed its first can of evaporated milk on this date.
- 1901 Friday: President William McKinley, Republican, was shot and mortally wounded by anarchist Leon Czolgosz, at the Pan-American Exposition in Buffalo, New York, and succumbed to his wounds eight days later.
- 1909 Monday: Having attained their goal five months earlier, American explorer Robert Peary, wired word back to the United States that he and his party had reached the North Pole.
- 1916 Wednesday: Clarence Saunders opened the first self-service grocery store, Piggly Wiggly, in Memphis, Tennessee.
- 1924 Saturday: An attempt on the life of Benito Mussolini fails.
- 1939 Wednesday: The Union of South Africa declared war on Germany.
- 1941 Saturday: The Germans order all Jews over the age of 6 in all German territories to wear the yellow Star of David. Elsewhere, future drummer with the original Jeff Beck Group[i] and with Rod Stewart[ii]—Mickey Waller—is born in the United Kingdom on this date.
- 1943 Monday: When a New York-bound Pennsylvania Railroad train derailed and crashed in Philadelphia, 79 people die in the crash and numerous others suffer injuries of varying degrees. In England, future bassist/vocalist with Pink Floyd[iii], Roger Waters, is born. Finally, the youngest player ever to appear in an American League game did so on this date. Pitcher Carl Scheib entered the game for the Philadelphia Athletics on this date and was just 16 years, 8 months, and 5 days old.
- 1944 Wednesday: During World War II, the British government relaxed blackout restrictions and suspended compulsory training for the Home Guard.
- 1949 Tuesday: Future guitarist with the British rock band, Colosseum[iv]– James Litherland- is born in the United Kingdom on this date. Meanwhile, Howard Unruh, a resident of Camden, N.J., shot and killed 13 of his neighbors in one of the first known MASS SHOOTINGS in the United States. Found to have paranoid schizophrenia, Unruh was confined for the remainder of his life; he died in a Trenton nursing home in 2009 at age 88.
- 1952 Saturday: Canadian television broadcasting began in Montreal, Canada.
- 1965 Monday: India invades West Pakistan.
- 1966 Tuesday: During a parliamentary session in Cape Town, an apparently deranged page stabbed South African Prime Minister Hendrik Verwoerd.
- 1970 Sunday: Palestinian gunmen seized control of three U.S.-bound jetliners. The terrorist scumbags blew two of the aircraft up while on the ground in Jordan along with a London-bound plane hijacked on September 09; the fourth plane, the jihadists destroyed on the ground in Egypt; however, the thugs did not harm any of their hostages.
- 1972 Wednesday: The Summer Olympics resumed in Munich, West Germany, a day after the deadly hostage crisis that claimed the lives of eleven Israelis and five Arab abductors ended. Hope they buried the Arabs with pig fat.
- 1975 Saturday: 18-year-old tennis star Martina Navratilova of Czechoslovakia, in New York for the U.S. Open, requested political asylum in the United States.
- 1978 Wednesday: At Camp David, Maryland, the peace talks continue between President Jimmy Carter, Egyptian Anwar Sadat, and Israeli Menachem Begin.
- 1983 Tuesday: The USSR finally admits to shooting down the Korean KAL-007 on September 02.
- 1985 Friday: All 31 people aboard a Midwest Express Airlines DC-9 died when the Atlanta-bound jetliner crashed just after takeoff from Milwaukee’s Mitchell Field.
- 1986 Saturday: In the fourth round of their heavyweight-boxing match, Michael Spinks scores a TKO over Steffen Tangstad.
- 1990 Thursday: Tom Fogerty, former rhythm guitarist and background vocalist of the Bay Area rock band, Creedence Clearwater Revival[v], died on this date from complications from a blood transfusion.
- 1991 Friday: The Soviet Union recognized the independence of Estonia, Latvia, and Lithuania. Russian lawmakers upheld a decision by residents of Leningrad to restore the pre-Revolutionary name of St. Petersburg.
- 1994 Tuesday: Famed keyboardist, Nicky Hopkins, a man who played keyboards with everyone from the Rolling Stones[vi] to the Kinks[vii] and from the Who[viii] to the Quicksilver Messenger Service[ix] succumbed from complications related to a recent abdominal surgery.
- 1995 Wednesday: Baltimore Orioles shortstop Cal Ripken broke Lou Gehrig’s record by playing his 2,131st consecutive game on this date. Elsewhere, in Grand Rapids, Michigan, heavyweight boxer Buster Mathis at age 52. Over the course of his pro-career, he had 34 fights with 30 wins (21 by KO), 4 losses and 0 draws.
- 1997 Saturday: A public funeral took place for Princess Diana at Westminster Abbey in London, six days after her death in a Paris car crash caused by paparazzi. Meanwhile, in Calcutta, India, weeping masses gathered to pay homage to Mother Teresa, who had died the previous day at age 87.
- 2002 Friday: Meeting outside Washington, D.C. for only the second time since 1800, Congress convened in New York to pay homage to victims and heroes of September 11, 2001.
- 2004 Monday: Former President Bill Clinton undergoes a quadruple bi-pass operation. Meanwhile, in Iraq, seven members of the 1st Marine Division from Camp Pendleton, California, and three U.S.-trained Iraqi soldiers were killed in a car bomb attack near Fallujah.
- 2006 Wednesday: President George W. Bush acknowledged for the first time that the CIA was running secret prisons overseas and said tough interrogation had forced terrorist leaders to reveal plots to attack the United States and its allies. Kill the terrorist scum.
- 2009 Sunday: The White House announced the resignation of President Barack Hussein Obama’s environmental advisor, the well-known communist, Van Jones, who’d become embroiled in a controversy over past inflammatory statements.
- 2010 Monday: In Bahrain, the nation’s judicial court charges 23 Shiite Muslim activists with the attempted overthrow of the government.
- 2011 Tuesday: A large convoy of Libyan military vehicles, numbering as many as 250, cross over into northern Niger with an escort from that nation. As the rebels run amok in Libya- thanks to the Obama administration and NATO- people speculate that Moammar Gaddafi could be among them but no confirmation of this is released by any authority. Things won’t end well for that thug. Meanwhile, the world discovers that Gaddafi and the CIA participated in the U.S. Rendition program by which terrorists captured on the battlefield that instead of going to Guantanamo Bay’s prison went to Tripoli to undergo ‘enhanced interrogation.’ Sucks to be them.
- 2012 Thursday: At the Democratic National Convention, President Barack Obama accepts his party for a second term for the 2012 Elections.
- 2013 Friday: Reports citing leaks of radioactive water from the Fukushima nuclear plant lead South Korea to ban all fishery imports from eight of Japan’s prefectures.
- 2014 Saturday: A court charged former Egyptian President Mohamed Morsi and nine others with giving confidential state security information to the government of Qatar; if convicted of treason, Morsi could face the death penalty.
- 2015 Sunday: In the southern portion of Germany, beleaguered police officials announce that they are swamped by the arrival of more than 13,000 Muslim ‘refugees’ fleeing from war torn areas such as Syria, Afghanistan, and Libya. These people arrive in Southern Europe and begin trekking to Germany because their prime minister bid them come. Talk about rearranging one of Europe’s great nations! Oi vie!
- 2016 Tuesday: The United States and communist China formally commit to the Paris Climate Accord which will devastate the U.S. economy while continuing to build that of the nation’s second largest economy. Not good. At the same time, the Obama administration does its best to reassure Asian nations that the U.S. will indeed ratify the Trans-Pacific Partnership, aka the TPP, that will also destroy American jobs. Thank you, President Obama.
- 2017 Wednesday: Hurricane Irma roars into the Caribbean region hammering the British Virgin Islands, St. Maarten, and Barbuda. The devastation is horrific and in some places, entire towns and buildings are swept away or blown down.
- 2018 Thursday: With New York and New Jersey joining the investigation into sexual abuse by the Catholic Church, the number of states delving into the evils perpetrated by pedophile priests increases to six. Meanwhile, India legalizes gay sex, overturning British colonial laws on the books. Welcome to the New Age!
- 2019 Friday: After making landfall over Cape Hatteras, North Carolina, Hurricane Dorian moves up the eastern seaboard and is set to blow into southeastern Canada with storm-force winds and loads of rain. Elsewhere, in Zimbabwe, President Robert Mugabe dies at age 95. Thought to rule forever, this thug was handed a prosperous nation in 1980 and drove it into the ground like the racist thug he was. He served as the nation’s prime minister from 1980 to 1987 and then as its president from 1988 to 2017 when he was deposed.
- 2020 Sunday: Folks, here are the numbers for the Xi Jinping Yellow Bat Flu- the -so-called Pelosi Pox: Here are the statistics for the planet as a whole: 26,961,765 confirmed cases, +339,089, 880,955, confirmed deaths, +6,247, and 18,021,000 confirmed recoveries, +303,089. Next, here are the stats for the United States, the intended target of the Chinese-engineered Wuhan Virus pandemic: 6,365,880 confirmed cases, up 28,206 from yesterday’s reporting, 191,643 confirmed deaths, UP 379, and 3,412,534 confirmed recoveries, UP 9,666. Next, in the three states in which, the world-famous American Institute of Culinary Politics-the Elemental News of the Day employs chef-bloggers- California, Hawaii, and Washington- here are the stats, California first: 736,083 confirmed cases, 13,709 confirmed deaths, and NO MENTION of confirmed recoveries. Next here are the numbers for Hawaii: 9,693 confirmed cases, 84 confirmed deaths, and 2,8931 confirmed recoveries. Finally, here are the stats for leftist-Marxist-socialist hellhole of Washington: 79,901 confirmed cases, 2,043 confirmed deaths, and NO MENTION of confirmed recoveries. Let’s look at one other state: Utah- currently, they have 54,364 confirmed cases, 421 confirmed deaths, but for some unknown reason NO MENTION of confirmed recoveries- thank you, Governor Gary Herbert, what kind of Republican are you?
BEVERLY CARRICK ORIGINAL ARTWORK OF THE DAY:
This artwork is #0213 a 20” x 24” original oil painting by Beverly Carrick, which, she entitled, “Saguaros and Purple Mountains.” It is among her more beautiful works and is available for sale. You can see much more of her work at her Website, found at beverlycarrick.com, or at the blog’s Facebook page. At her Website, you will see not only more original oil paintings but also lithographs, giclees, prints, miniatures, photographs, and even her award-winning instructional video entitled, “Painting the Southwest with Beverly Carrick.” Beverly has been painting for more than 60 years and known around the world for both the beauty and timelessness of her artworks. Hanging in private and public galleries and followed by many fans encircling the globe—her works instill awe because of her artistic brilliance and personal beauty. We urge you to go to her Website NOW and view her work. It is possible that you will find something you like and will want to buy it for yourself, a friend, a loved one, or a neighbor! You will not be disappointed so please: do yourself a favor and go there IMMEDIATELY! Thank you, the American Institute of Culinary Politics-Elemental News of the Day!
Beverly Carrick: The World’s Greatest Artist (1927-2012)
ALBUM OF THE DAY AT THE AICPENDBLOG.COM:
Electric Light Orchestra released their biggest seller in the UK yet, “Discovery,” on May 31, 1979. The album was somewhat a change in direction featuring the lineup of Jeff Lynne (vocals, guitars, synthesizers), Bev Bevin (drums/percussion), Richard Tandy (keyboards, guitars, backing vocals), Kelly Groucutt (bass, backing vocals), Melvyn Gale (cello), Mik Kaminski (violin), and Hugh McDowell (cello) although some of the string players were finding their parts absorbed by synthesizers and other electronic innovations. Sad. Still, this is a superb addition to the group’s growing discography, one we hope you will beat the bushes searching for as it contains some stellar tunes such as “Shine a Little Love” and “Don’t Bring Me Down.” Excellent music by one of the all-time best bands of the era.
The above icon is the “Trademark of Quality and Symbol of Integrity/Logo” of the Magnolia Hilltop Brewers and of What’s Cookin’ Productions. The AICP-END Blog copyrights this article © 09-06-2020, all rights reserved.
The American Institute of Culinary Politics-Elemental News of the Day
The Stinkbug symbol on CDs, DVDs, and Books means “approved by the American Institute of Culinary Politics-Elemental News of the Day” as well as adjusted or edited by the photographic editor
Original Beverly Carrick Artworks, Beverly Carrick—World Famous Artist, Creedence Clearwater Revival, Tom Fogerty, The Jeff Beck Group, Mickey Waller, Pink Floyd, Roger Waters, The Quicksilver Messenger Service, Nicky Hopkins, Colosseum, James Litherland, Secretary of War John Aaron Rawlings, Buster Mathis, Electric Light Orchestra,
TODAY IN HISTORY, SUNDAY SEPTEMBER 06, 2020
PLEASE READ OUR MAIN BLOG POST, PUBLISHED AT 12:01 A.M.
Sunday, September 06, 2020:
[i] We promoted the music of this venerable British rock star as part of a series of interconnected bands beginning on Tuesday, 22-April-2014 through Tuesday, 01-July-2014. This included the Small Faces, Faces, Rod Stewart, Ronnie Wood, Jeff Beck, Steve Marriott, Humble Pie, and other interconnected parts. We hope you will seek them out and consider adding them to your collection.
[ii] See previous footnote.
[iii] We began offering the musi of Pink Floyd beginning on Monday, 20-April-2020 through Sunday, 12-July-2020. This included not only the band’s music but also that of all five members- Syd Barrett, Roger Waters, David Gilmour, Rick Wright, and Nicky Mason.
[iv] We look forward to sharing the music of this influential British band within the next five years. Colosseum was overlooked when we shared the group of interconnected bands in which, Humble Pie, was a part. Sorry for the oversight.
[v] We promoted the music of the world-famous Creedence Clearwater Revival beginning on Saturday, 16-November-2013 through Saturday, 07-December-2013. Being the inattentive morons that we were back then, we neglected to promote the music of the band’s individual members. We hope to do this one day so folks, keep vigilant for the day when we do.
[vi] We shared the music of the Rolling Stones (and the group’s individual members) beginning Tuesday, 22-March-2016 through Sunday, 28-August-2016. This included the members solo projects.
[vii] We presented the music of the Kinks, as well as of Ray and Dave Davies, beginning on Monday, 22-December-2014 through Sunday, 15-March-2015. We hope you will check out the music of this original British invasion band as they are as relevant today as they were more than 50 years ago. Sure beats the hell out of Maroon Five.
[viii] We promoted the music of the Who and of its individual band members beginning on Monday, 03-August-2015 through Sunday, 29-November-2015. We hope you will seek out the music of this veteran British band as well as of Pete Townsend, John Entwistle, Keith Moon, and Roger Daltrey. We know you will enjoy them.
[ix] We presented the music of Quicksilver Messenger Service on two unique occasions. The first commenced on Friday, 25-March-2011 through Monday, 04-April-2011. The second cycle with newer albums began on Tuesday, 20-August-2013 through Monday, 02-September-2013. We hope you will check the albums out by visiting whatever site you do for nothing but the absolute best in rock music.
Please donate to the AICPENDBLOG.COM as we seek to build the best Website on the planet
We encourage everyone to donate to the American Institute of Culinary Politics-The Elemental News of the Day, a place where professional chefs and culinary workers voice their opinions and do so sans any fear. We hope you will join us in the effort to build the best Website the world has ever seen. Will you help?
WE WELCOME ALL OUR FRIENDS AND NEIGHBORS TO THE NEW AICPENDBLOG.COM AT WORDPRESS.COM WHERE SCUM SUCH AS SUNDAR PICHAI CANNOT DRIVE A DAGGER INTO ONE’S NECK. PLEASE, SEND ALL YOUR FRIENDS TO VISIT US HERE AS THIS IS WHERE YOU GET THE UNVARNISHED TRUTH AND NOT THE ‘TRUTH’ COMMUNIST CHINA AND ITS LACKEYS WANT YOU TO HEAR