TODAY IN HISTORY
THE AICP-END BLOG
PO Box 20669
Bakersfield, CA 93390-0669
Business Phone: 661-374-1430
TODAY IN HISTORY AT THE AICPENDBLOG.COM @ WORDPRESS.COM
TODAY IN HISTORY—TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 01, 2020:
U.S. Secretary of Defense Melvin R. Laird; Reich Minister of Armaments and War Production Albert Speer; the Bee Gees featuring Barry Gibb, INXS featuring JD Fortune, Jerry Reed, Little River Band featuring Ric Formosa, Sly and the Family Stone featuring Greg Errico:
- 1267: Rabbi Moses Ben Nachman establishes a Jewish community in Jerusalem.
- 1535: French navigator Jacques Cartier reaches the site of what would become the North American city of Montreal, Canada.
- 1614: Vincent Fettmich expels all Jews from Frankfurt-on-Main, Germany.
- 1689: The Russian government begins taxing the length of men’s beards.
- 1715: Following a reign of 72 years, King Louis XIV of France died four days before his 77th birthday.
- 1739: At Lisbon, Portugal, 35 Jews receive life sentences for practicing their faith.
- 1752: The Liberty Bell arrives at Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- 1772: The Mission at San Luis Obispo de Tolosa, California begins to form.
- 1799: The forerunner of Chase Manhattan Bank, the Bank of Manhattan Co., opened in New York City on this date.
- 1807: A jury of his peers found former Vice President Aaron Burr not guilty of treason. However, the court then tried on a misdemeanor charge the jury in that trial acquitted him.
- 1859: Rail authorities placed the Pullman sleeping car into service on this date.
- 1862: The Federal government puts a tax on tobacco to help fund the Civil War.
- 1867: Robert T. Freeman is the first black American to graduate from the Harvard Dental School.
- 1878: The Telephone Dispatch Co., of Boston, placed the nation’s first female operator, Emma M. Nutt, into service.
- 1887: Emile Berliner filed for a patent for his invention of the lateral-cut, flat-disk gramophone. His device, the world came to know as the record player; however, Thomas Edison is the man we credit for making the device work.
- 1894: The Great Hinckley Fire destroyed Hinckley, Minnesota, and killed more than 400 people on this date.
- 1898: At Omdurman in the Sudan, the British army under the command of Lord Kitchener destroys the Madhi’s army.
- 1902: The George Melies “Le voyage dans la Lune” (“A Trip to the Moon”) opened in France.
- 1906: Jack Coombs of the American League’s Philadelphia Athletics pitched 24 innings against the Boston Red Sox.
- 1916: During World War I, Bulgaria declares war on Romania.
- 1918: To help the White Russians in their battle against the Bolsheviks, U.S. troops begin landing at Vladivostok, Russia, and remain there until 1920.
- 1922: “The Radio Digest,” the first daily news program on radio, appeared on WBAY in New York City. Meanwhile, in Omaha, Nebraska, future 10th U.S. Secretary of Defense Melvin R. Laird is born. A Republican, he would serve under President Richard M. Nixon from 01-22-1969 to 01-29-1973 and be in charge of ending the war in Vietnam.
- 1923: An earthquake that killed 140,000 people devastated the Japanese cities of Tokyo and Yokohama.
- 1932: New York Mayor James “Gentleman Jimmy” Walker resigned following charges of graft and corruption in his administration.
- 1938 Thursday: In Fascist Italy, IL Duce Benito Mussolini cancels the civil rights of ALL Italian Jews.
- 1939 Friday: World War II began as the Nazis invaded Poland. Switzerland proclaims neutrality. Meanwhile, on the first day of the war in Berlin, German Fuhrer announces the establishment of the T 4 Euthanasia Program, a program designed to euthanize the mentally ill and other ‘useless eaters’ as the Nazis called them. He said that ‘wartime was the best time in which to things such as this,’ sort of like decades later, Democrat politician Rahm Emanuel saying, “Never let a good crisis go to waste.”
- 1941 Wednesday: All Jews living in Nazi-occupied territory including the Reich MUST wear yellow stars denoting their non-status as human beings.
- 1942 Thursday: U.S. District Court Judge Martin I. Welsh, ruling from Sacramento, California, on a lawsuit brought by the American Civil Liberties Union on behalf of Fred Korematsu upheld the wartime detention of Japanese Americans as well as Japanese nationals.
- 1945 Monday: Japan officially surrenders on this date, ending World War II. However, because of the time difference in Tokyo Bay, it was September 02 when the ceremony occurred.
- 1946 Sunday: Future member of the British rock band, the Bee Gees[i]–Barry Gibb (vocals, rhythm guitar 1958-2003 / 2009-2012 –is born on this date.
- 1948 Wednesday: Future drummer with the Bay Area soul-funk-rock band [ii]Sly & the Family Stone—Greg Errico—is born on this date.
- 1951 Saturday: The United States, Australia, and New Zealand signed a mutual defense pact, the ANZUS Treaty.
- 1954 Wednesday: Future guitarist with the Australian rock group, the Little River Band[iii]– Ric Formosa- is born on this date.
- 1961 Friday: The Soviet Union ended a moratorium on atomic testing with an aboveground nuclear explosion in central Asia. Meanwhile, elsewhere in the world, a TWA Lockheed Constellation crashed shortly after takeoff from Chicago’s Midway Airport, killing all 78 people onboard.
- 1969 Monday: Moammar Khadafy deposes King Idris bringing about revolution in the North African nation of Libya. Several decades later under the Obama administration, this thug would be deposed himself and would be violated before being murdered.
- 1971 Wednesday: In a first for Major League Baseball, Pittsburgh Pirates manager Danny Murtaugh gave his lineup card to the umpire with the names of nine black baseball players on it.
- 1972 Friday: American chess master Bobby Fischer won the international chess crown in Reykjavik, Iceland, as Boris Spassky of the Soviet Union resigned before the resumption of Game 21.
- 1973 Saturday: In the first professional boxing match in Japan, George Foreman scores a knockout of Jose “King” Roman in the first round to win the heavyweight boxing title of the world. Elsewhere, future vocalist with the Australian rock band, INXS[iv], 2005-2011, JD Fortune, is born in Canada on this date.
- 1979 Saturday: The U.S. Pioneer 11 became the first spacecraft to visit Saturn.
- 1981 Tuesday: Albert Speer, a close associate of Adolf Hitler who ran the Nazi war machine, died at a London hospital at age 76.
- 1983 Thursday: After it strayed into Soviet airspace, a Soviet jet fighter shot down a Korean Airlines 747, killing all 269 souls onboard it.
- 1985 Sunday: Dr. Robert Ballard and Jean Louis Michel, in a joint U.S.-French expedition, discovered the wreck of the HMS Titanic on this date. The searchers discovered the wreck site 963 miles northeast of New York and 453 miles southeast of the Newfoundland coast.
- 1986 Monday: Jerry Lewis raised a record $34 million for Muscular Dystrophy during his annual telethon for Jerry’s kids over the Labor Day weekend.
- 1995 Friday: The Rock-and-Roll Hall of Fame opens in Cleveland, Ohio.
- 1998 Tuesday: In the WNBA Championship Finals, the Houston Comets beat the Phoenix Mercury, 2 games to 1. Meanwhile, Mark McGwire of the St. Louis Cardinals hit his 56th and 57th home runs to set a new National League record. Meanwhile, “Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone,” by J.K. Rowling, hit bookstore shelves in the United States, it was the first book in what would become a remarkably successful franchise.
- 2001 Saturday: In the WNBA Championship Finals, the Los Angeles Sparks beat the Charlotte Sting 2 games to 1.
- 2002 Sunday: In an emergency session, the California Legislature approved a $99 billion budget ending a two-month-old standoff.
- 2004 Wednesday: More than 1,000 people were taken hostage by heavily armed Chechen militants at a school in Beslan in southern Russia on this date; the jihadists killed 300 people, more than half of them children, before the Russian military killed the intruders.
- 2005 Thursday: New Orleans Mayor Ray Nagin issued a “desperate SOS” as his city descended into anarchy amid the flooding left by Hurricane Katrina.
- 2008 Monday: Famed country music star, Jerry Reed[v], died on this date.
- 2009 Tuesday: Vermont’s law allowing same-sex (homosexual) marriage went into effect. Whoopie-do!
- 2010 Wednesday: After terrorists shoot four Israeli settlers at the Beit Hagai settlement, Palestinian Authority police arrest 250 members of Hamas.
- 2011 Thursday: To avoid further bloodshed, Libya’s Transitional Council postpones the deadline for tribal leaders in Sirte to surrender.
- 2012 Saturday: The 16th Summit of Non-Aligned Nations in Tehran, Iran, closes with a 60-page document focusing on that nation’s nuclear power program along with the Palestinian issue but no mention of the ongoing civil war in Syria.
- 2013 Sunday: After spending three months in the hospital, medical staff releases former South African President Nelson Mandela so he can go home. Elsewhere, Syria derided President Barack Obama’s decision to hold off on punitive military strikes, while the Obama administration countered that its case for military action against the regime of President Bashar al-Assad was getting stronger, saying it ‘had evidence that the nerve agent sarin was used in a deadly August attack.’ Nothing ever happened.
- 2014 Monday: Pakistani protesters seeking the resignation of Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif briefly take over the state television station and shut it down; soldiers and paramilitary forces later regained control and restored operation.
- 2015 Tuesday: During the overwhelming Muslim migrant/refugee crisis overrunning the European Union, Hungary says, “ENOUGH!” as it closes down its Keleti Railway Station in Budapest in an effort to stem the flow of outsiders who will never become good citizens.
- 2016 Thursday: Following his visit with Mexican President Enrique Pena Nieto, GOP presidential nominee Donald J. Trump spells out his immigration plan: millions would be rounded up within the United States and deported as swiftly as possible- but not all 11 million estimated to be living in the shadows (we say 30-40 million)- and that the United States would begin constructing the wall upon his election (although Pena Nieto said, “Mexico will not be paying for it.”).
- 2017 Friday: A line of cars stretched more than a mile at a water distribution center set up on a high school football field in Beaumont, Texas, which had been left without drinking water by flooding from Hurricane Harvey.
- 2018 Saturday: At a nearly three-hour memorial service for U.S. Sen. John McCain, RINO-AZ, in Washington (way too long), McCain’s daughter and two former presidents led a public rebuke of President Donald Trump’s ‘divisive politics’ and called for a return to civility among the nation’s leaders. How classy, one must admit that the ‘mourners’ attacking President Trump were extremely classy. What a load of SOBS!
- 2019 Sunday: According to the International Red Cross, Saudi-led Coalition airstrikes over the Yemeni city of Dhamar kill at least 100 people on the ground and wound numerous others. Meanwhile, Hurricane Dorian becomes a Cat 5 storm as it roars into the northern Bahamas with winds in excess of 180 mph.
- 2020 Tuesday: As of today, Real Clear Politics average polling shows “Gropin’ Joe” Biden with a lead of 49.6-43.4-percent over President Donald J. Trump. Left-wing online media reports that President Trump will win in a massive landslide victory on Election Day but by Sunday as all the extra leftist mail-in ballots roll in, he will lose in a massive landslide. Hence why conservatives are now registering illegal aliens around the country so they can vote, too. If the Dems want to play this game, so can we. Next, ICE reports the arrests of more than 2,000 illegal aliens around the country, 86-percent of whom had criminal records and were sheltered by sanctuary cities and states, The arrestees and soon to be deportees came from a whopping 80 different countries. Bon voyage, illegal aliens, bon voyage. Meanwhile, shortly after midnight today, peaceful protesters showed up outside the home of Portland, Oregon, Mayor Ted Wheeler’s home and attempted to set it ablaze with him aside. Thank God they were peaceful! Elsewhere, Massachusetts Congressman Joseph Kennedy III (another flipping Kennedy) is primarying Senator Ed Markey, a fellow Democrat, as the ‘Curse of AOC’ continues setting up old-timer Democrats for tragic downfalls. In this case, however, Markey joined AOC in her Green New Deal, thus saving his bacon. As of tonight, he won the primary- let’s see what happens come Sunday because Kennedys NEVER lose in Massachusetts. Hey: why won’t House Speaker “Mumbles” Nancy Pelosi debate her Democratic challenger, Shahid Buttar, a Muslim attorney, prior to the November elections? Madam Pelosi, double up on the Prevagen and get your wrinkly old butt out there and debate this man! Finally, President Donald J. Trump flies to Kenosha, Wisconsin, to meet with local, state, and federal law enforcement officers and officials and to tour the damage that befell the once-prosperous community prior to the cops shooting thug George Blake seven times in the back as he reached for a weapon in his car and then when Antifa and Black Lives Matter arrived on scene and destroyed much of the municipality.
- 2020 Tuesday A: New York City Mayor Bill Di Blasio, a drooling moron if ever one existed, says taxes are going to go UP because the wealthy are fleeing the city as it collapses all around him. He promises to build affordable housing in WHITE areas so he can end segregation and that he will continue defunding the cops. Before this lunatic raises taxes, how about him writing a BIG CHECK to fill the city’s coffers and how about his wife repaying- with interest- all the money she allegedly siphoned off the city government in her bogus, left-wing commie plans. The city collects $11 billion in income taxes every year, 80-percent of which goes to cover pension and retirement plans for city workers. Hmmm, sounds familiar…like the state of California? Yikes.
- 2020 Tuesday B: Here are today’s Chi-Com Horseshoe Bat Flu Statistics for the globe: 25,334,339 confirmed cases, UP by 283,161 cases, 848,084 confirmed deaths, UP by 4,498 deaths, and 16,669,974 confirmed recoveries, UP by 218,956 recoveries. Here are the numbers for the United States: 6,118,204 confirmed cases, UP by 36,832 new cases, 186,348 confirmed deaths, UP by 478 new deaths, and 3,218,565 confirmed recoveries, UP by 16,108 new recoveries. We believe if the authorities would share the TRUE percentages of deaths per number of those with the disease- instead of making everyone who might have the Wuhan Flu in their system but did not cause their deaths- known, there would be LESS fear. It is also clear that misreporting the news has Americans believing at least 30 million Americans have died from Xi Jinping’s Bat Flu which is not true which was said a week ago so it shows misinformation is doing its job among the gullible and ill-informed citizenry.
- 2020 Tuesday C: Next, in the three states in which, the world-famous American Institute of Culinary Politics-The Elemental News of the Day employs chef-authors, California, Hawaii, and Washington, here are the stats, Golden State first: 707,797 confirmed cases, 13,018 confirmed deaths, but as is the norm, NO mention of confirmed recoveries. Next, here are the stats for the Aloha State: 8,472 confirmed cases, 70 confirmed deaths, and 2,578 confirmed recoveries. Finally, in the Ever-Red, uh, we mean, the Evergreen State, here are the stats: 74,635 confirmed cases, 1,915 confirmed deaths, but like California, the incline-headed governor, Jay Inslee, won’t share the number of confirmed recoveries. Shame on these flipping Democrats. Let’s take a look at one more state, the Empire State: 435,510 confirmed number of cases, and this week, a scaling DOWN in the number of reported deaths from 32,864 August 25, 2020, to 25,331 confirmed number of deaths, and like most other Blue States, NO number of confirmed number of recoveries. This tells us that the worst governor in the country, Governor Andrew “I’m a Moron” Cuomo, is feeling the heat for the massive number of seniors he murdered by sending COVID-19-infected patients into the state’s nursing homes. We hope to see this POS forced to resign as President Richard M. Nixon did and move into obscurity, the end of the ‘Cuomo Dynasty.’ Go get ‘em, U.S. Department of Justice, go get ‘em!
- 2020 Tuesday D: Here are today’s Stock Market closes: DOW Jones Industrial Average: 28,645.66, UP 215.61 points (+0.76%). Next, the NASDAQ: 11,939.67, UP 164.21 points (+1.39%). Finally, here are the stats for the S&P 500: 3,526.65, UP 26.34 points (+0.75%). The price of GOLD is $1,975.20 per troy oz., -3.7 (-0.187%) while the price of SILVER is $28.30 per troy ounce, -0.345 (-1.02%). The price of PLATINUM is $948.80 per troy oz, -3.03 (-0.35%) while the price of COPPER is $3.21 per pound, -0.007 (-0.23%). The price of PALLADIUM is $2,298.00 per troy oz., -11.8 (-0.51). The price of Light Sweet Crude Oil is $42.98 per barrel, +0.22 (+0.51%). Today, COFFEE is $129.80 per metric ton, -1.95 (-1.48). As for currency, one U.S. dollar = 6.83 communist Chinese yuan. By contrast, one U.S. dollar = 0.84 euros. Communist China manipulates its currency.
- 2020 Tuesday E: Bret Baier of Fox News Channel’s Special Report reports that House Speaker Nancy Pelosi was captured on videotape getting her hair done at a San Francisco hairdresser’s shop sans any mask or any protective gear. When caught by reporters, she claims to ‘always follow the science’ which is great- why don’t you and the rest of your fellow Democrats follow the science on the amount of pain fetuses feel as they are undergoing an abortion procedure? Meanwhile, tonight will be the 97th straight day of violent mob actions in the city of Portland, Oregon. The governor is requesting help from around Oregon state but several sheriffs’ departments in the state as well as a police fraternal organization say “NO” because nothing is happening to the scum law enforcement arrests. In Los Angeles, protests continue outside a Sheriff’s substation following the police shooting of a black man there the previous night. Finally, Vice President Mike Pence was touring and speaking in “Pro-China Joe” Biden’s hometown of Scranton, Pennsylvania, with BIG CROWDS in attendance. No one knows where either Joe Biden or his running mate, uh, what’s her name- Kamala Harris- Willie Brown’s alleged bed buddy are. They must ‘have it in the bag.’
- MORE TO COME?
BEVERLY CARRICK ORIGINAL ARTWORK OF THE DAY:
This artwork is #0208 an 8” x 10” original oil painting by Beverly Carrick, which, she entitled, “Early Sunset.” It is among her more beautiful works and is available for sale. You can see much more of her work at her Website, found at beverlycarrick.com, or at the blog’s Facebook page. At her Website, you will see not only more original oil paintings but also lithographs, giclees, prints, miniatures, photographs, and even her award-winning instructional video entitled, “Painting the Southwest with Beverly Carrick.” Beverly has been painting for more than 60 years and known around the world for both the beauty and timelessness of her artworks. Hanging in private and public galleries and followed by many fans encircling the globe—her works instill awe because of her artistic brilliance and personal beauty. We urge you to go to her Website NOW and view her work. It is possible that you will find something you like and will want to buy it for yourself, a friend, a loved one, or a neighbor! You will not be disappointed so please: do yourself a favor and go there IMMEDIATELY! Thank you, the American Institute of Culinary Politics-Elemental News of the Day!
Beverly Carrick: The World’s Greatest Artist (1927-2012)
ALBUM OF THE DAY AT THE AICPENDBLOG.COM:
Electric Light Orchestra released their first ‘best of’ compilation, “Ole ELO,” on June 18, 1976. The album contained 12 tunes culled from the group’s first works to material from “Face the Music.” This is a worthy quick introduction to the group’s unique music which is why we encourage everyone to seek this album out at your favorite haunt for music and add it to your collection- you will be glad you did. Great music, you definitely will enjoy it especially in that it has the full version of “Roll Over Beethoven.” Great music by an awesome band- you’ll love it.
The above icon is the “Trademark of Quality and Symbol of Integrity/Logo” of the Magnolia Hilltop Brewers and of What’s Cookin’ Productions. The AICP-END Blog copyrights this article © 09-01-2020, all rights reserved.
The American Institute of Culinary Politics-Elemental News of the Day
The Stinkbug symbol on CDs, DVDs, and Books means “approved by the American Institute of Culinary Politics-Elemental News of the Day” as well as adjusted or edited by the photographic editor
Original Beverly Carrick Artworks, Beverly Carrick—World Famous Artist, Sly and the Family Stone, Greg Errico, Jerry Reed, JD Fortune, INXS, the Bee Gees, Barry Gibb, the Little River Band, Ric Formosa, Minister of Armaments and War Production Albert Speer, U.S. Secretary of Defense Melvin R. Laird, Electric Light Orchestra,
TODAY IN HISTORY, TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 01, 2020
PLEASE READ OUR MAIN BLOG POST, PUBLISHED AT 12:01 A.M.
Tuesday, September 01, 2020:
[i] We hope to promote the music of the Bee Gees within the next 3-4 years.
[ii] We hope to present the music of Sly & the Family Stone within the next decade or so. Please stay tuned for further information.
[iii] We are not sure when we will begin offering albums by the Little River Band as that could be another 5-10 years from now but one day, we most surely will because they are one of the world’s greatest bands. Seeing them live in the 1970s was a mind-altering experience, one we wish we could relive.
[iv] We look forward to promoting the music of INXS sometime within the next 15 years or so. We hope you will be there when we do. We thank you.
[v] We look forward to doing the music of Jerry Reed at some point in the future when we do the music of Waylon Jennings, Willie Nelson, the Outlaws, and other country rockers.
Please donate to the AICPENDBLOG.COM as we seek to build the best Website on the planet
We encourage everyone to donate to the American Institute of Culinary Politics-The Elemental News of the Day, a place where professional chefs and culinary workers voice their opinions and do so sans any fear. We hope you will join us in the effort to build the best Website the world has ever seen. Will you help?
WE WELCOME ALL OUR FRIENDS AND NEIGHBORS TO THE NEW AICPENDBLOG.COM AT WORDPRESS.COM WHERE SCUM SUCH AS SUNDAR PICHAI CANNOT DRIVE A DAGGER INTO ONE’S NECK. PLEASE, SEND ALL YOUR FRIENDS TO VISIT US HERE AS THIS IS WHERE YOU GET THE UNVARNISHED TRUTH AND NOT THE ‘TRUTH’ COMMUNIST CHINA AND ITS LACKEYS WANT YOU TO HEAR