TODAY IN HISTORY
THE AICP-END BLOG
PO Box 20669
Bakersfield, CA 93390-0669
Business Phone: 661-374-1430
TODAY IN HISTORY AT THE AICPENDBLOG.COM AT WORDPRESS.COM
TODAY IN HISTORY—APRIL 15, 2020:
Father Damien’s Day (Hawaii)
President Abraham Lincoln; U.S. Supreme Court Associate Justice Byron White; Soviet Leader Nikita Khrushchev, the Nice featuring Brian “Blinky” Davison, the Ohio Players featuring Clarence “Satch” Satchell, the Rolling Stone’s “Aftermath,” and UFO featuring Phil Mogg:
- 1250: Pope Innocent III refused the Jews of Cordova, Spain, who wanted the right to build a synagogue.
- 1450: During the 100 Years War, the French defeat the English at the Battle of Fomigny.
- 1452: Artist and inventor Leonardo da Vinci was born in or near the Tuscan town of Vinci.
- 1654: England and the Netherlands sign a peace treaty.
- 1689: French King Louis XIV declares war on his southern neighbor, Spain.
- 1738: The bottle opener is invented on this date.
- 1788: England, the Netherlands, and Prussia sign a peace treaty.
- 1817: The first American school for the deaf opened in Hartford, Connecticut.
- 1850: The city of San Francisco underwent incorporation on this date in history.
- 1865: President Abraham Lincoln died, nine hours after being shot the night before by John Wilkes Booth at Ford’s Theater in Washington, D.C. Andrew Johnson became the nation’s 17th
- 1871: “Wild Bill” Hickok became the marshal of Abilene, Kansas, on this date.
- 1878: Harley Procter introduced Ivory soap on this date in history.
- 1892: General Electric Company formed on this date and incorporated in the state of New York.
- 1894: Nikita Khrushchev, future leader of the Soviet Union, 1955-1964, is born in Russia on this date.
- 1896: The first Olympic Games of the modern era close in Athens, Greece.
- 1912: The British luxury liner, RMS Titanic, sank in the North Atlantic off Newfoundland at 2:20 a.m. ship’s time, more than 2.5 hours after colliding with an iceberg; 1,514 people perished in the disaster, while half as many managed to survive.
- 1923: Insulin first became available for diabetics.
- 1924: Rand McNally published its first road atlas.
- 1940: Future member of the Ohio Players[i]–Clarence “Satch” Satchell (saxophones/guitars)—is born in the USA on this date.
- 1942: Britain’s King George VI awarded the George Cross to Malta for its heroism in the early days of World War II.
- 1945: During World War II, British and Canadian troops liberated the Nazi concentration camp, Bergen-Belsen. Meanwhile, friends and family buried President Franklin Delano Roosevelt on the grounds of his New York estate.
- 1947: Jackie Robinson, Major League Baseball’s first black player debuted with the Brooklyn Dodgers on opening day; the Dodgers defeated the Boston Braves by a score of 5-3.
- 1948: Future vocalist with the British rock band, UFO[ii], Phil Mogg—is born in Great Britain on this date.
- 1952: President Harry S. Truman signed the official Japanese peace treaty on this date. Elsewhere, the first B-52 prototype underwent aerial testing on this date.
- 1953: Pope Pius XII gave his approval of psychoanalysis but warned of possible abuses.
- 1955: Ray Kroc opens the first of his McDonald’s fast-food restaurants in Illinois.
- 1956: WNBQ-TV in Chicago became the world’s first all-color TV station on this date. The channel changed its call sign to WMAQ-TV later. Elsewhere, General Motors announced the first free piston automobile had undergone successful development.
- 1958: The first professional baseball game occurs in California; the San Francisco Giants beat the Los Angeles Dodgers, 8-0.
- 1959: Secretary of State John Foster Dulles resigned his office as Cuban leader Fidel Castro started a goodwill tour in the United States on this date.
- 1960: The Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee underwent organization at Shaw University on this date.
- 1966: The Rolling Stones[iii] release their “Aftermath” album on this date.
- 1967: A jury of his peers found Richard Speck guilty of the murder of eight nurses.
- 1969: Above the Sea of Japan, North Korea shoots at a U.S. warplane.
- 1974: Members of the Symbionese Liberation Army held up a branch of the Hibernia Bank in San Francisco; one of the group’s members—kidnapping victim and newspaper heiress Patty Hearst, now going by the name, “Tania”—participated in the event, something she denied later at her trial, one, by the way, she lost.
- 1981: Janet Cooke says her story on an 8-year-old heroin addict is a lie; the Washington Post relinquished the Pulitzer Prize on the fabricated story.
- 1983: Tokyo’s Disneyland opens on this date.
- 1985: South Africa announces it will repeal prohibitions against whites marrying non-whites.
- 1986: The United States launched an air raid against Libya in response to a terrorist bombing at Berlin discotheque on April 5; Libya said 37 people, mostly civilians—of course! —died in the airstrike.
- 1989: Ninety-six people died in a crush of soccer fans at Hillsborough Stadium in Sheffield, England. Meanwhile, in Beijing, China, students launched a series of pro-democracy protests upon the death of former Communist Party leader, Hu Yaobang. The protests would eventually lead to the massacre that occurred at Tiananmen Square.
- 1991: Magic Johnson of the NBA’s Los Angeles Lakers sets record for career assists for 9,898 assists.
- 1994: The World Trade Organization underwent establishment on this date.
- 1998: At the age of 73, mass murderer Pol Pot died. As leader of the Khmer Rouge regime in Cambodia, the piece of shit murdered 2 million Cambodians and did so without ever facing prosecution for his crimes.
- 2002: In Denver, Colorado, the 93rdS. Supreme Court Associate Justice Byron White died. White was nominated by President John Fitzgerald Kennedy to fill GOP Associate Justice Charles Whittaker’s seat. White served from 04-12-1962 to 06-28-1993. Elsewhere, Air China Flight 129 crashes into a mountain near Pusan, South Korea, killing 128 people.
- 2008: Brian “Blinky” Davison of the British rock band, the Nice[iv] (drums/percussion 1967-1970 / 2002) dies on this date at his home in Horns Cross, Bideford, Devon, UK.
- 2012: Around the world, people commemorate the 100-year anniversary of the sinking of the RMS Titanic.
- 2013: Near the finish line at the Boston Marathon in Boston Massachusetts, two Muslim terrorists set off a bomb that kills three, injures 183, and maims at least 15 people requiring them to undergo amputations.
- 2014: According to Brainy History, a total lunar eclipse took place tonight; the eclipse will be visible in North and South America, New Zealand, Australia, and nearby regions; the next total lunar eclipse will take place on October 8, 2014.
- 2017: North Korea paraded its intercontinental ballistic missiles in a massive military parade in Pyongyang as it celebrated the 1912 birthday of the country’s founder, Kim Il Sung, with his grandson, the murderous Kim Jong Un, looking on with orgasmic delight.
- 2019: On this date, the Cathedral of Notre Dame erupts in flames, bringing down the roof and toppling its iconic spire among other things. Questions erupt as to who could be responsible, many believing the ‘religion of peace,’ Islam, might have had a hand in it due to all the terrorist activity that occurs in France and across Europe. Meanwhile, in Game 2 of the NBA Western Division Playoffs, the Los Angeles Clippers win a highly improbable comeback against the Golden State Warriors, beating them 135-131, in which the team overcame an NBA record 31-point deficit. To make it even worse for the Warriors, the loss occurred in their home stadium in Oakland.
- 2020: China’s biowarfare gift to the world, COVID-19, aka the Wuhan Virus, aka the Kung Flu, aka the Wuhan Flu, aka the Wuhan Virus Crisis continues running amok everywhere but seemingly not in Communist China where the crap began. Current confirmed cases for the entire planet are 2,071,710 with confirmed deaths sitting at 137,039 and confirmed recoveries at 511,356. In the United States, confirmed cases sit at 641,919 what with confirmed deaths at 28,399 and confirmed recoveries at 52,196. Now the Beijing bull-shitters claim in the People’s Republic of China, there are 84,489 confirmed cases and 3,342 confirmed deaths and 78,987 confirmed recoveries. We know this is bullshit, folks, as Western intel agencies say there are at least 2.5 million confirmed deaths and God knows how many cases. When this ends and it will, it will be time to sue every level of government in the communist country and to welcome Nationalist China- Taiwan- back to the United Nations as a FREE and INDEPENDENT COUNTRY because until the West sold them out to open the doors for the commies, they WERE China.
- 2020 A: The DOW Jones Industrial Average closed at 23,504.35, down 445.41 (-1.86%), the NASDAQ 8,393.18 down 122.574 (-1.44%), and the S & P 2,783.36, down 62.7 (-2.20%). Meanwhile, in Michigan, people protest authoritarian Governor Gretchen Whitmer who has the state on the severest lockdown order in the country. People took to the streets in their cars to let this fascist know she is out of line. If ANTIFA were an HONEST organization and not just a communist front group, they would be there braving rubber bullets, dogs, and tear gas to protest this left-wing skank. Finally, President Donald J. Trump calls for government to reconvene so the House and Senate can begin doing the work of the American people instead of sitting home spanking the wank.
BEVERLY CARRICK ORIGINAL ARTWORK OF THE DAY:
This artwork is #0070 a 24” x 48” original oil painting by Beverly Carrick, which, she entitled, “Day’s End.” It is among her more beautiful works and is available for sale. You can see much more of her work at her Website, found at beverlycarrick.com, or at the blog’s Facebook page. At her Website, you will see not only more original oil paintings but also lithographs, giclees, prints, miniatures, photographs, and even her award-winning instructional video entitled, “Painting the Southwest with Beverly Carrick.” Beverly has been painting for more than 60 years and known around the world for both the beauty and timelessness of her artworks. Hanging in private and public galleries and followed by many fans encircling the globe—her works instill awe because of her artistic brilliance and personal beauty. We urge you to go to her Website NOW and view her work. It is possible that you will find something you like and will want to buy it for yourself, a friend, a loved one, or a neighbor! You will not be disappointed so please: do yourself a favor and go there IMMEDIATELY! Thank you, the American Institute of Culinary Politics-Elemental News of the Day!
Beverly Carrick: The World’s Greatest Artist (1927-2012)
ALBUM OF THE DAY AT THE AICPENDBLOG.COM:
Bryan Ferry released his next solo effort on November 17, 2014, “Avonmore.” Of the 10 tunes on this wonderful effort, the artist wrote or cowrote most of them but there are two covers, too. Critics love the album as do we, which is why we urge everyone to visit Amazon.com where you can pick it up in the format, the condition, and the price that works best for you—you will be glad you did.
The above icon is the “Trademark of Quality and Symbol of Integrity/Logo” of the Magnolia Hilltop Brewers and of What’s Cookin’ Productions. The AICP-END Blog copyrights this article © 04-15-2020, all rights reserved.
The American Institute of Culinary Politics-Elemental News of the Day
The Stinkbug symbol on CDs, DVDs, and Books means “approved by the American Institute of Culinary Politics-Elemental News of the Day” as well as adjusted or edited by the photographic editor
Original Beverly Carrick Artworks, Beverly Carrick—World Famous Artist, President Abraham Lincoln, “Aftermath” by The Rolling Stones, UFO, Phil Mogg, Brian “Blinky” Davison, The Nice, Nikita Khrushchev, The Ohio Players, Clarence “Satch” Satchell, Just the Facts, U.S. Supreme Court Associate Justice Byron White, Bryan Ferry, James “JT” Tobiason,
[i] We look forward to doing the music of this famed funk-rock band. The Ohio Players are amazing.
[ii] We look forward to promoting the music of UFO and of the Michael Schenker Group at some point within the next year. We hope you will remain vigilant as to the day that we do.
[iii] We shared the music of the Stones beginning Tuesday, 22-March-2016 through Sunday, 28-August-2016. This included the members’ solo projects. We sure as heck hope you check out the Rolling Stones, Mick Jagger, Brian Jones, Keith Richard, Charlie Watts, Bill Wyman, and Mick Taylor. Ronnie Wood you can find during the presentation of the Faces.
[iv] We hope to promote the music of both Emerson, Lake & Palmer along with the Nice at some point soon. We hope you will remain alert for the day when we do. Thank you.
WE WELCOME ALL OUR FRIENDS AND NEIGHBORS TO THE NEW AICPENDBLOG.COM AT WORDPRESS.COM WHERE SCUM SUCH AS SUNDAR PICHAI CANNOT DRIVE A DAGGER INTO ONE’S NECK. PLEASE, SEND ALL YOUR FRIENDS TO VISIT US HERE…