TODAY IN HISTORY
THE AICP-END BLOG
PO Box 20669
Bakersfield, CA 93390-0669
Business Phone: 661-374-1430
TODAY IN HISTORY
PRESIDENT TRUMP: IN THE SPIRIT OF CONTAINING THE WUHAN VIRUS- AKA COVID-19- WE URGE YOU TO POSTPONE THE ELECTION UNTIL SCIENTISTS GIVE US THE ALL CLEAR
TODAY IN HISTORY—MARCH 12, 2020:
U.S. Supreme Court Associate Justice John Archibald Campbell; Reichsminister Wilhelm Frick; Badfinger featuring Mike Gibbons, the Doobie Brothers featuring Michael Hossack, the Jackson Five featuring Marlon Jackson, Jerry Garcia with Augustus Stanley Owsley III, Little Feat featuring William “Bill” Payne, “Love,” the debut album by the Los Angeles rock band, Love, Mick Jagger (of the Rolling Stones) & Bianca Perez Morena de Macias, and Paul McCartney & Linda Eastman:
- 1054: Pope Leo IX escapes captivity and returns to the city of Rome.
- 1609: English explorers make the Bermuda Islands a colony.
- 1664: England’s King Charles II granted an area of land in present-day North America known as New Netherland to his brother, James, the Duke of York, which becomes the New Jersey Colony.
- 1755: In North Arlington, N.J., engineers use the steam locomotive for the first time.
- 1789: The Congress of the United States created the U.S. Post Office on this date.
- 1799: The Austro-Hungarian Empire declares war on France.
- 1849: First gold-seekers bound for California, arrive in Nicaragua.
- 1860: The U.S. Congress accepts the Preemption Bill, which grants free land in the West to anyone who will colonize it.
- 1863: President Jefferson Davis delivered his State of the Confederacy address.
- 1864: President Abraham Lincoln promoted Ulysses S. Grant to the rank of general-in-chief of the Union armies in the Civil War.
- 1867: The last French troops leave Mexico after Mexican nationalists drive them out of their nation.
- 1877: In Alsenz, Kingdom of Bavaria, German Empire, future Nazi official Wilhelm Frick is born. He served as Reichsminister of the Interior 01-30-1933-08-20-1943 and then as Protector of Bohemia and Moravia from 08-24-1943 to 05-08-1945. Following World War II, he was one of the many Nazis executed at Nuremburg for war crimes.
- 1884: Mississippi establishes first state college for women in the U.S. Education authorities named it Mississippi Industrial Institute and College.
- 1889: Almon B. Stowger applied for a patent for his automatic telephone system. Meanwhile, in Baltimore, Maryland, the 33rdS. Supreme Court Associate Justice John Archibald Campbell died. A Democrat, he was nominated by Franklin Pierce to fill the seat of Associate Justice John McKinley. He served from 03-22-1853 to 04-30-1861.
- 1894: Coca-Cola appeared in bottles on store shelves for the first time.
- 1906: The Supreme Court of the United States ruled that corporations must yield incriminating evidence in antitrust suits.
- 1911: Dr. Fletcher of Rockefeller Institute discovered the cause of infantile paralysis.
- 1912: The Girl Scouts of the USA had its beginnings as Juliette Gordon Low of Savannah, Georgia, founded the first American troop of the Girl Guides. Meanwhile, Captain Albert Berry performs the first jump from a plane using a parachute.
- 1923: Inventor Lee De Forest publicly demonstrated his sound-on-movie film system, called “Phonofilm,” in New York.
- 1930: Gandhi began his 200-mile march to the sea that symbolized his defiance of British rule over India.
- 1933: President Franklin Delano Roosevelt delivered the first of 30 radio addresses that came to be known as “fireside chats,” telling Americans what was being done to deal with the nation’s economic crisis.
- 1938: Nazi Germany invades neighboring Austria—peacefully—the Anschluss, which incorporates that nation into Germany.
- 1940: During the Winter War of 1939-1940, the Finns surrender and give up territory to the invading Soviet Union.
- 1945: New York City becomes the first in the nation to prohibit discrimination by race and by creed. Meanwhile, Italy’s Communist Party calls for an armed uprising against the Nazi occupiers.
- 1947: Mitt Romney, future governor of Massachusetts, 2012 losing presidential nominee for the Republican Party, and an attacker of Donald Trump in 2016, is born on this date. Meanwhile, President Harry S. Truman establishes the “Truman Doctrine” to help Greece and Turkey resist Communism.
- 1949: Mike Gibbons, future drummer with the British rock band, Badfinger[i], was born in Swansea, Wales, on this date. Elsewhere, William “Bill” Payne—future longtime keyboardist with the famed Southern rock band, Little Feat[ii]—was born in Waco, Texas, on this date.
- 1951: “Dennis the Menace,” created by cartoonist Hank Ketchum, made its syndicated debut in 16 newspapers. Meanwhile, U.N. forces drive North Korean and Chinese forces out of the South Korean capital of Seoul.
- 1955: Legendary jazz musician Charlie “Bird” Parker died in New York at age 34.
- 1957: Future member of the Jackson Five[iii]–Marlon Jackson (backing and lead vocals 1964-1985 / 2001 / 2012-present)—is born in Gary, Indiana, on this date.
- 1959: The U.S. House joined the U.S. Senate in approving the statehood of Hawaii.
- 1964: Malcolm X resigns from the Nation of Islam. Meanwhile, labor thug, Jimmy Hoffa, receives the court’s sentence of 8 years in a federal prison.
- 1966: The Los Angeles-based rock band, Love[iv], releases its first self-titled album, “Love.”
- 1966: Bobby Hull of the Chicago Blackhawks became the first National Hockey League player to score 51 points in a single season.
- 1969: In London, Beatle[v] Paul McCartney marries Linda Louise Eastman, heir to the Kodak family fortune.
- 1971: Syrian general and premier, Hafez al-Assad, becomes the president of Syria. Meanwhile, Mick Jagger of the Rolling Stones[vi] marries Bianca Perez Morena de Macias, a Nicaraguan beauty.
- 1976: After stopping communist forces led by the Cuban military, South African forces begin pulling out of neighboring Angola.
- 1980: A Chicago jury found John Wayne Gacy, Jr., guilty of the murders of 33 men and boys. The following day, the judge sentenced him to death and after years of appeals, he went to the executioner in May 1994.
- 1985: Former President Richard M. Nixon announced that he planned to drop Secret Service protection and hire his own bodyguards to lower the deficit by $3 million. Meanwhile, the United States and the USSR began arms control talks in Geneva.
- 1989: Prime Minister Sadiq al Mahdi of Sudan formed a new government to end the ongoing civil war trashing his country.
- 1990: The Los Angeles Raiders announce they are returning to Oakland, California.
- 1993: The Pentagon called for the closure of 31 major military bases. Meanwhile, Janet Reno took the oath of office becoming the first female U.S. attorney general.
- 1994: The Church of England ordained its first female priests.
- 1999: Hungary, Poland, and the Czech Republic became members of NATO on this date. All three nations were former members of the Warsaw Pact.
- 2003: Authorities rescued Elizabeth Smart, the 15-year-old girl who had vanished from her bedroom nine months earlier, in a Salt Lake City suburb with two drifters, Brian David Mitchell and Wanda Barzee. Both Mitchell and Barzee are serving prison terms for kidnapping and raping the girl.
- 2009: The administrators of the Sears Tower in Chicago announced they would rename the building Willis Tower.
- 2011: Grateful Dead[vii] soundman and creator of the best LSD on Earth, Augustus Stanley Owsley III dies in a car accident.
- 2012: The U.S. Census Bureau reports that the world now has 7 billion people. Meanwhile, a section of China’s high-speed rail track collapses, possibly due to heavy rains. Elsewhere, longtime drummer with the rock band, the Doobie Brothers[viii]—Michael Hossack—passes away on this date.
- 2013: In Rome, Italy, Catholic Cardinals meet in a conclave to choose a successor to Pope Benedict XVI.
- 2014: President Obama meets with Ukrainian acting Prime Minster Yatsenyuk and vows to ‘stand with Ukraine’ in its conflict with Russia.
- 2015: After 366,000 U.S. citizens have lost $15 million to telephone scammers who call claiming to be IRS agents, the Internal Revenue Service warns of an increase in these types of crimes. Scammers call from India purporting to be IRS agents and get debit card numbers, which allows them to drain the bank accounts of the unfortunates.
- 2017: American actor David Burns dies of heart attack at age 68.
- 2018: British Prime Minister Theresa May says it was ‘highly likely’ that Moscow was behind the poisoning of a former Russian spy and his daughter on March 04.
- 2019: The British government under Prime Minister Theresa May suffers a second setback and loss in the attempt to fulfill Brexit what with votes against her deal 391 to 242. Meanwhile in Syria as the fight against ISIS winds down, 3,000 Islamist thugs surrender to Syrian Democratic Forces in Baghouz, the last ISIS stronghold left to topple.
- 2020: CPUSA candidate, oh wait, he is running as a Democrat, Sen. Bernie Sanders goes to the mics in Burlington, VT, and does his best to scare the hell out of the American people. His solution to the Wuhan Virus, aka COVID-19, a gift from China to the rest of the world all because they took it where the sun don’t shine when they signed the U.S.-China trade deal, is for the American people to immediately embrace Marxism as run and defined by him. Following upon the heels of the NBA canceling its season, the NHL does the same. Major League Baseball has motioned that spring training could be on the rocks, too, if not the entire season. What should be clear to ALL is that the LEFT never lets a good crisis go to waste and anything that will enable them to advance socialism and big government even further is in their wheelhouse. So far, ONLY 39 Americans have succumbed to the Wuhan Virus, most of them in a Washington state nursing home. If you have ever worked in such a facility, you would understand WHY this tragic statistic is so. Of course- according to Bernie and his fellow Democrats, the Trump administration is STUPID and incapable of doing anything to thwart the Chinese-transmitted virus. In the spirit of everything, we encourage the president to postpone the election until ALL is clear.
BEVERLY CARRICK ORIGINAL ARTWORK OF THE DAY:
This artwork is #0036 a 12” x 16” original oil painting by Beverly Carrick, which, she entitled, “Watermelon Party.” It is among her more beautiful works and is available for sale. You can see much more of her work at her Website, found at beverlycarrick.com, or at the blog’s Facebook page. At her Website, you will see not only more original oil paintings but also lithographs, giclees, prints, miniatures, photographs, and even her award-winning instructional video entitled, “Painting the Southwest with Beverly Carrick.” Beverly has been painting for more than 60 years and known around the world for both the beauty and timelessness of her artworks. Hanging in private and public galleries and followed by many fans encircling the globe—her works instill awe because of her artistic brilliance and personal beauty. We urge you to go to her Website NOW and view her work. It is possible that you will find something you like and will want to buy it for yourself, a friend, a loved one, or a neighbor! You will not be disappointed so please: do yourself a favor and go there IMMEDIATELY! Thank you, the American Institute of Culinary Politics-Elemental News of the Day!
Beverly Carrick: The World’s Greatest Artist (1927-2012)
ALBUM OF THE DAY AT THE AICPENDBLOG.COM:
In 1995, Roxy Music released a comprehensive ‘best of’ package entitled, “The Thrill of it All,” which includes some of the greatest music anyone had ever heard in the past two decades. Hence, if you have failed to get in the ground floor of the band and its memorable music, this is one hell of a way in which, to do it so look for it now. Please, visit Amazon.com where you can pick it up in the format, the condition, and the price that works best for you.
The above icon is the “Trademark of Quality and Symbol of Integrity/Logo” of the Magnolia Hilltop Brewers and of What’s Cookin’ Productions. The AICP-END Blog copyrights this article © 03-12-2020, all rights reserved.
The American Institute of Culinary Politics-Elemental News of the Day
The Stinkbug symbol on CDs, DVDs, and Books means “approved by the American Institute of Culinary Politics-Elemental News of the Day” as well as adjusted or edited by the photographic editor
Original Beverly Carrick Artworks, Beverly Carrick—World Famous Artist, Grateful Dead, Augustus Stanley Owsley III, Mike Gibbons, Badfinger, William “Bill” Payne, Little Feat, “Love” by Love, The Beatles, Paul McCartney and Linda Louise Eastman, Mick Jagger, The Rolling Stones, Bianca Perez Morena de Macias, The Jackson Five, Marlon Jackson, The Doobie Brothers, Michael Hossack, Just the Facts, U.S. Supreme Court Associate Justice John Archibald Campbell, Protector of Bohemia and Moravia Wilhelm Frick, El Chilote,
[i] We are unclear as to when we will offer the music of Badfinger, seeing as how we should have promoted them during the lengthy presentation of the Beatles and the band’s various members. We hope you will remain alert for the day when we do as this band was among the greats.
[ii] We celebrated the music of the amazing Little Feat beginning on Tuesday, 11-June-2013 through Monday, 15-July-2013. One of the great unsung bands of all time, we hope you will seek them out and consider adding them to your music collection.
[iii] We expect to present the music of the Jackson Five and Michael Jackson sometime in 2025-2026 so please stay tuned for future developments. Hell, we might also do the music of the group’s sisters, too.
[iv] We shared the music of the famed Los Angeles, California, psychedelic rock band, Love, beginning on Wednesday, 24-October-2012 through Friday, 16-November-2012. We hope you will check them out as they deserve to be heard. The debut album occurred on the first day of the presentation.
[v] We began promoting the music of the Beatles and the band’s original members, beginning on Friday, 04-November-2016 which ran through Sunday, 11-June-2017. You definitely need to check out the music of the Beatles, John Lennon, Paul McCartney, George Harrison, and Ringo Starr- you will be glad you did.
[vi] We shared the music of the Stones beginning Tuesday, 22-March-2016 through Sunday, 28-August-2016. This included the members’ solo projects. We sure as heck hope you check out the Rolling Stones, Mick Jagger, Brian Jones, Keith Richard, Charlie Watts, Bill Wyman, and Mick Taylor.
[vii] We began promoting the music of the Grateful Dead- including Jerry Garcia, Bob Weir, Mickey Hart, and Phil Lesh- beginning on Tuesday, 30-August-2011 through Wednesday, 11-January-2012. Then, we did a second series featuring more albums by this fabled San Francisco band beginning on Friday, 09-August-2013 through Monday, 19-August-2013. At some point, we will have to do a third series as the music from this band never ends. Please, seek them out and consider adding them to your collection.
[viii] We hope to promote the music of the Doobie Brothers sometime before 2030. We hope you will remain vigilant.
WE WELCOME ALL OUR FRIENDS AND NEIGHBORS TO THE NEW AICPENDBLOG.COM AT WORDPRESS.COM WHERE SCUM SUCH AS SUNDAR PICHAI CANNOT DRIVE A DAGGER INTO ONE’S NECK. PLEASE, SEND ALL YOUR FRIENDS TO VISIT US HERE…