Chef Roland Carl Davis
C/O The AICP-END Blog
PO Box 20669
Bakersfield, CA 93390-0669
Business Phone: 661-374-1430
JUST THE FACTS
THE AMERICAN INSTITUTE OF CULINARY POLITICS-ELEMENTAL NEWS OF THE DAY COMMENTARY-OPINION-SPORTS-FOOD SERVICE FOR SUNDAY, DECEMBER 08, 2019 BY CHEF ROLAND CARL DAVIS, EDITOR
“JTF: We Democrats must keep our eyes on the prize which means we could lose in 2020 but win BIG in 2022 and accomplish what we desire most, the ouster of #45 and into federal prison” by Chef Roland Carl Davis
FALL SESSION 2019
BLOG POST #3,325 AT THE AICP-END
333 DAYS UNTIL ELECTION DAY 2020
Democrats can win in 2020- 2022 for sure- but we have to be smart and get our anger under control…
Arvin, CA 93203, 12-08-2019 Sunday: Folks, today is IT, the final day of the year for me and then we get down to business next year. Do you know that Reddit’s bots wouldn’t permit me to share my Thursday post, the one in which I swore that IF Nancy Pelosi and her two buds, Adam Schiff and Jerrold Nadler, botched the 2020 Presidential Election that I would NEVER vote Democrat again, my wife, too? Reddit said it was SPAM which is bull crap because we have been posting at Reddit for as long as the blog has been alive and from its earliest incarnation at Choseit.com and this is the FIRST time in 10 years that they stopped a post from appearing. What the hell is wrong with Reddit? I am a frigging Democrat and have the right to call balls and strikes the way I see them and if they don’t like my comments, they can go F**K themselves in the ass!
As you know, I slept overnight on my comments on Thursday only to come back and say that there might be a way out for Democrats such as Nadia and me to continue voting Democrat, only if we use the ensuing anger from a Senate acquittal under “Cocaine Mitch” to either win big in the 2020 Senate races or for sure in 2022.
You see, one way or the other, we are going to get #45, we are going to shut the book on the Cult of 45 by eliminating Cult 45 what with us taking over the Senate, making Chuck Schumer, D-NY, the Senate Majority Leader and making the Republicans the minutest minority in the history of American politics.
Let us imagine that we fail to do this NEXT year and #45 wins a second term. I think it will allow us to ‘clean House’ by booting out the aged and crumbling speaker who- in MY opinion has become a mortification – along with Steny Hoyer, James Clyburn, and the other fossils in the House leadership because if we should lose the House a second time in what, four elections, ALL of them must go and new leadership must take their places like Marsha Fudge.
In so doing, we will be able to install a younger, more vibrant, much more exciting and devoid of the blank eyes, the slurring words, the stumbling about like the dinosaurs they are with a younger group, perhaps people like Seth Moulton and Tim Ryan and Tulsi Gabbard (f**k this ‘Russian bulls**t,’ the woman is a winner) and in so doing, we can reconfigure. By 2022, we could add numbers to the House and win enough seats in the U.S. Senate so that when we do impeach this criminal a second time, the charges will stick, he will go, and the nation will be restored.
Now, I know MANY Democrats will say my words are ‘harsh’ but so what? We have given Nancy Pelosi chance after chance after chance and the woman continues blowing them. We have listened to Adam Schiff promise us, beyond the shadow of a doubt, that he had the goods. Where are the goods, Adam? We are still waiting, you moron.
We have even been patient with Jerrold Nadler, giving him a second chance to do what he couldn’t in his first. What did we get for our money? Bang for our buck? No, we got three legal beagles who clearly hate #45 and another one who made sense but who the cancel culture lunatics in our ranks want to destroy. It sure as hell was not exciting TV!
Now, we know that tomorrow, some sort of hearing is going to occur in the House but if it’s another bust as the last ones were, not too many Democrats are going to be applauding when they launch this haphazard impeachment. You see, I stand with the crowd that says ‘if you want to do it right, take your time. If you want to bollocks it all up, continue doing what you are doing and demoralize the party for an election, or two, or possibly more?
A chef knows that when he sets out to make sourdough bread from scratch starting with the white, rye, or malt starter, that he or she must do it right which means taking one’s time. There is no way to slam-bam, thank you, ma’am, making sourdough bread so the same principles apply to impeaching and removing the piece of crap living large in the White House.
If you wound him but don’t destroy him, he will win re-election because his braindead cult followers- my companions at this blog the only exceptions- will storm out to the polls and vote not just once but twice, thrice, or more and we will be stuck with him for at least two more years and possibly four if we fail to add to the House and win the Senate with enough members for us to win a two-thirds majority to remove the bum.
As I have said throughout the week, people on our side are angry, hostile, we can’t sleep at night, we cannot ascertain how in God’s Most Holy and Beautiful Name how we find ourselves in the position that we have. How have we found ourselves with a speaker of the House whose dentures continue slipping around inside her mouth, how her eyes go blank, how she bumbles about looking for the proper words?
When James Rosen asked her if she HATED #45 this past Thursday, she finally woke up, became livid, angry, and hostile and then brays about ‘being a Catholic.’ I’m a Catholic and I am not ashamed to say that I am pro-life because that is what Catholics are. Yes, I believe that women have a right to control their own bodies but I also believe that women and men must exercise some caution and discretion not to bring unwanted children into the world.
That aside, ALL of us are full of hate, Pelosi included, which is why we are going full bore ahead to get this bogus president out of the White House and into a prison cell. Please, be honest about it, we are angry, chomping at the bit, suffering from insomnia, drinking too much and smoking far too many cigarettes in a day than is good for us all because we cannot get our act together and do things the right way.
You’ll be glad to know I will be visiting my internist soon to undergo a full check-up. Yes, I understand that feeling the way I do is not a recipe for a healthy and long, productive life. We must find ways to maintain our civility and to not allow this ogre of a president to drive all of us into the loony bin. I hope that next year, we can make things better for all and recover from the belligerency of the past three years.
Have a wonderful Hanukkah, a very merry Christmas, a delightful Kwanzaa, and a wonderful New Year’s. God bless, good luck, and let’s roll up our sleeves and get down to business. See you in 2020!
R. C. Davis
Roland Carl Davis
American Culinary Federation, Inc., CWC
I began my career working as a pot washer at the age of 10, move to washing dishes in 1958, became a chef’s apprentice in 1961 and have been a career professional ever since. I am still involved in professional foodservice as a consultant for food and beverage professionals. Famed Bakersfield street artist Simone created the cartoonish figure of me, which appears to be ‘me’ but I hope I look better than how he portrayed me. You are the judge.
Chef Roland Carl Davis writes from Arvin, CA.
Chef Roland Carl Davis is a proud Democrat
Contact me at the following address: rcdavisHUGO1G@outlook.com
CHEF ROLAND CARL DAVIS
END COMMENTARY 12-08-2019
COPYRIGHT © 2019 BY MHB PRODUCTIONS
WORD COUNT: 1,214
12-08-2019 Sunday—Political Topics and Essays, Part MMXII: “We Democrats must keep our eyes on the prize which means we could lose in 2020 but win BIG in 2022 and accomplish what we desire most, the ouster of #45 and into federal prison” by Chef Roland Carl Davis.
HOW TO CONTACT THE AMERICAN INSTITUTE OF CULINARY POLITICS-ELEMENTAL NEWS OF THE DAY: Write us at PO Box 20669, Bakersfield, CA 93390-0669 or call us at (661) 374-1430 between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m. PST weekdays and weekends, well, take your chances. You can also email us by contacting the author of the week using his or her email address, which we provide beneath their personal information.
The above icon is the “Trademark of Quality and Symbol of Integrity/Logo” of the Magnolia Hilltop Brewers and of What’s Cookin’ Productions. The AICP-END Blog copyrights this article © 12-04-2019, all rights reserved.
Davis, Roland Carl. “We Democrats must keep our eyes on the prize which means we could lose in 2020 but win BIG in 2022 and accomplish what we desire most, the ouster of #45 and into federal prison.” Political Topics and Essays, Part MMXII
FOR FURTHER READING:
Edward “Eddie” Fitzgerald Carlton edited and rewrote the blog post today.
The Stinkbug symbol on CDs, DVDs, and Books means “approved by the American Institute of Culinary Politics-Elemental News of the Day” as well as adjusted or edited by the photographic editor.
TODAY IN HISTORY—DECEMBER 08, 2019:
The Allman Brothers Band featuring Gregg Allman, “Surfin’” by the Beach Boys, Blue Öyster Cult featuring Kasim Sulton, Def Leppard featuring Phil Collen, the Doors featuring Jim Morrison, Fairport Convention featuring Ric Sanders, the Hollies featuring Bobby Elliott, John Lennon, and the Keef Hartley Band featuring Gary Thain:
- 1776: During the Revolutionary War, General George Washington’s retreating army crosses the Delaware River from New Jersey into Pennsylvania.
- 1813: In Vienna, Austria, Beethoven[i] conducted the orchestra in the performance of his new Symphony No. 7 in A Major, Op. 92, for the first time.
- 1854: Pope Pius IX proclaimed the Catholic dogma of the Immaculate Conception, which holds that Mary, the mother of Jesus, was free of original sin from the moment of her own conception.
- 1863: The Church of la Campana catches fire in Santiago, Chile; in the ensuing panic, at least 2,500 people die, and many more are injured. Meanwhile, in the United States, President Abraham Lincoln announces plans for the rebuilding of the South following the conclusion of the Civil War. Finally, Tom King of England defeated American John Heenan and became the first world heavyweight champion.
- 1886: The American Federation of Labor underwent founding in Columbus, Ohio.
- 1902: Oliver Wendell Holmes becomes an associate justice on the Supreme Court of the United States.
- 1914: “Watch your Step,” the first musical to feature a score composed entirely by Irving Berlin, opened in New York on this date. Elsewhere, British and German battle squadrons engage around the Falkland Islands in the South Atlantic during World War I.
- 1923: Dignitaries sign a treaty of ‘friendship’ between the American and German peoples.
- 1936: Anastasio Somoza wins the Nicaraguan presidential race.
- 1941: The United States entered World War II as Congress declared war against Japan, a day after the sneak attack on Pearl Harbor. Elsewhere, James Douglas “Jim” Morrison, famed lead singer and resident poet of the Doors[ii], was born. Finally, Bobby Elliott—future drummer of the British rock band, the Hollies[iii], from 1963 to the present—is born in England on this date.
- 1947: Gregg Allman—future organist/vocalist/guitarist with the Allman Brothers Band[iv]—is born on this date.
- 1949: The Chinese Nationalist government moved from the Chinese mainland to Formosa as the Communists pressed their attacks.
- 1952: At Casablanca in North Africa, French troops shoot Arab demonstrators, killing at least 50 and wounding many more. Elsewhere, on the show “I Love Lucy,” the producers of the show acknowledged for the first time on TV a pregnancy, that of one of its stars, Lucille Ball. Meanwhile, Ric Sanders, keyboards/vocals 1985-present with the British band, Fairport Convention[v], is born in England on this date.
- 1953: On this date, Los Angeles became the third most populous city in the United States.
- 1955: Future bassist with the East Coast rock band, Blue Öyster Cult[vi], 2012-present—Kasim Sulton—is born on this date.
- 1957: Future guitarist with the British rock band, Def Leppard—Phil Collen—is born in the United Kingdom on this date.
- 1961: A fire at the Hartford Hospital in Connecticut resulted in 16 deaths. Elsewhere, the Beach Boys[vii] released their first single, “Surfin’.”
- 1962: The leaders of the first session of the Second Vatican Council adjourned on this date. Elsewhere, typographers went on a 114-day strike against four New York City newspapers.
- 1966: The United States and the Soviet Union sign a treaty that forbids nuclear weapons in space.
- 1972: A United Airlines 747 crashed while attempting to land at Chicago-Midway Airport, killing 43 of the 61 of the people on board as well as two people on the ground. Among those who died was Dorothy Hunt, wife of Watergate conspirator E. Hoard Hunt, U.S. Representative George W. Collins, D-Illinois, and CBS correspondent Michelle Clark.
- 1975: Gary Thain—bassist with the British rock group, the Keef Hartley Band[viii]—lost his battle with drug abuse as well as the aftereffects of an electrical shock he suffered while on stage.
- 1980: Outside of his New York City apartment building, an apparently deranged fan who had requested his autograph then shot dead, former Beatle John Lennon[ix].
- 1982: A man demanding an end to nuclear weapons held the Washington Monument hostage, threatening to blow it up with explosives he claimed were inside a van. After a 10-hour standoff, police shot dead Norman D. Mayer; it turned out that there were no explosives.
- 1986: House Democrats elect Congressman Jim Wright as the 48th speaker of the house.
- 1987: President Ronald Reagan and Soviet leader Mikhail S. Gorbachev signed a treaty at the White House calling for the destruction of intermediate-range nuclear missiles.
- 1991: Russia, Belorussia, and the Ukraine sign a treaty that forms the Commonwealth of Independent States.
- 1992: NBC announces that its hit show, “Cheers,” will go off the air in May 1993.
- 1993: President William Jefferson Clinton signs into law the North American Free Trade Agreement, aka NAFTA, which leads the Dow Jones Industrial Average hits a record 3,734.53 points.
- 1998: The Supreme Court ruled that police cannot search people and their cars merely after ticketing them for routine traffic violations.
- 2001: The U.S. Capitol reopened to tourists after a two-month security shutdown.
- 2008: In a startling about-face, Khalid Sheikh Mohammed told the Guantanamo war crimes tribunal he would confess to masterminding the September 11, 2001, terrorist attacks; four other terrorists also abandoned their defenses.
- 2009: At a ceremony in eastern Shan State, Burma, authorities burn $93 million worth of confiscated narcotics.
- 2010: Parisian authorities close the Eiffel Tower due to heavy snowfall.
- 2011: John Corzine, former CEO of MG Global, testifies before a committee of the S. House of Representatives, stating he does not know where hundreds of millions of dollars of his customers’ money has gone. Meanwhile, Japan apologizes to Canada for its mistreatment of its POWs during World War II.
- 2012: Egyptian President Mohamed Morsi declares that he will enact proposed referendums on a new constitution, but that he will annul the decree he issued expanding his powers.
- 2013: After the People’s Republic of China expands its air zone, South Korea responds by expand its air defense zone, causing rising tensions in the region. Elsewhere, in Kiev, Ukraine, anti-government protesters topple the last surviving monument of Vladimir Lenin; the monument fell in Bessarabska Square; it was pounded with hammers and only some parts of the Soviet hero’s legs remained.
- 2014: The White House says that it supports the release of documents detailing the CIA’s abuse of War on Terror prisoners and its methods of interrogation even though it acknowledges that it will cause problems for the nation and its image around the world. Thanks Obama.
- 2017: During a campaign rally in the Florida panhandle, near the Alabama border, President Donald Trump urged Alabama voters to elect Republican Senate candidate Judge Roy Moore, who had been dogged by unfounded charges of sexual misconduct; he lost the race.
The Doors, Jim Morrison, The Hollies, Bobby Elliott, The Beach Boys, John Lennon, The Beatles, The Allman Brothers Band, Greg Allman, Blue Öyster Cult, Kasim Sulton, Ric Sanders, Fairport Convention, the Keef Hartley Band, Gary Thain, Def Leppard, Phil Collen, Roland Carl Davis, Political Topics and Essays, The Zombies, Jerrold Nadler, Adam Schiff, Nancy Pelosi, Impeach #45, Cult of #45, “Cocaine Mitch”, Steny Hoyer, James Clyburn, Seth Moulton, Tim Ryan, 2020 Presidential Election, 2020 Democratic Party Nomination, 2022 Midterm Elections, Marsha Fudge, Chuck Schumer,
FEATURED ALBUM OF THE DAY:
The Zombies, dead and buried, yet their record company put out the next of what would be the next of many compilation albums. This one, however, featured the band live at the famed BBC: “Live at the BBC,” came out on June 10, 2003 and it featured a laconic collection of 29 significant tracks, some of which appeared on singles as well as on their first two albums. While you might only find it on CD if you search the web, you sure as heck can find it on wax so visit your favorite record store and consider adding it to your collection- you will be you did.
SPECIAL ALBUMS OF THE DAY:
Posted at the Sunday, March 17, 2013 Blog Post:
Today’s Mothers of Invention album is their twenty-fourth album, “Ahead of their Time,” which appeared on record store shelves in 1993 and was another comprehensive look at one of the rock era’s more unique bands. This album has some great music, which we wholeheartedly endorse and recommend to you, the refined listener. We recommend that you take the link posted above, go to Amazon.com, and buy this album NOW. Thank you.
Posted @ the Monday, October 06, 2014 Blog Post B:
Bad Company released their next album, “Inside Bad Company 1974-1982,” which came out on May 31, 2011 and if you love interviews, then you will love this one as that is precisely what this album is- a make money effort for diehard fans that want to hear their favorite band share their views on whatever comes up. Please, use the link and go to Amazon.com and check it out there and see if it interests you. We found it extremely compelling.
WE WOULD LIKE TO THANK OUR BENEFACTORS AND PATRONS FOR KEEPING THE AMERICAN INSTITUTE OF CULINARY POLITICS-ELEMENTAL NEWS OF THE DAY UP AND GOING 24/7/365. WITHOUT YOU, WE WOULD NOT EXIST, UNSEEN ENTITIES!
[i] We hope that within the next decade, we will be able to begin presenting the music of the classical artists of the past as without them, there would be no civilization. We hope you will stay tuned for further information.
[ii] We promoted the music of the Doors, the famed Los Angeles, California, hard rocking psychedelic band beginning on Saturday, 18-February-2012 through 02-April-2012. We hope you will seek this legendary band out and consider adding it to your ever-growing collection.
[iii] We shared the music of the Hollies with the world beginning on Monday, 29-August-2016 through Thursday, 03-November-2016.
[iv] We hope to begin promoting the music of the Allman Brothers Band and their spin-off projects sometime within the next eight years. We hope you will be here when we do because they are a band worthy of investigation by the readership- you will be glad you did.
[v] Not clear as to when we present the music of the Fairport Convention and of Richard Thompson, their famed guitarist but we sure as heck hope we do within the next decade.
[vi] We look forward to promoting the music of the Blue Öyster Cult sometime within the next 10-12 years. We hope you will still be with us.
[vii] We hope to present the music of this foundational American rock band within the next 5-6 years. Please stay tuned for further developments. We thank you; we know you love the Beach Boys as much as we do.
[viii] We promoted the music of the Keef Hartley Band on Monday, 02-October-2017 through Sunday, 22-October-2017. The presentation also included the music of Miller Anderson, the band’s famed guitarist.
[ix] We began promoting the music of the Beatles and the band’s original members, beginning on Friday, 04-November-2016 which ran through Sunday, 11-June-2017. You definitely need to check out the music of the Beatles, John Lennon, Paul McCartney, George Harrison, and Ringo Starr- you will be glad you did.