Chef Roland Carl Davis
C/O The AICP-END Blog
PO Box 20669
Bakersfield, CA 93390-0669
Business Phone: 661-374-1430
JUST THE FACTS
THE AMERICAN INSTITUTE OF CULINARY POLITICS-ELEMENTAL NEWS OF THE DAY COMMENTARY-OPINION-SPORTS-FOOD SERVICE FOR THURSDAY, DECEMBER 05, 2019 BY CHEF ROLAND CARL DAVIS, EDITOR
“JTF: IF my party’s obsession with taking out #45 fails to bear fruit and worse, costs us the 2020 Presidential Election, my wife and I will NEVER vote for another Democrat as long as we live” by Chef Roland Carl Davis
FALL SESSION 2019
BLOG POST #3,322 AT THE AICP-END
336 DAYS UNTIL ELECTION DAY 2020
Adam Schiff guaranteed he had the goods on Trump; well, here’s a guarantee for him, for Nadler, and for Pelosi…
Arvin, CA 93203, 12-05-2019 Thursday: Hmmm, Kamala is out as of, uh, Tuesday. Sad but more on this in a moment, possibly tomorrow if I run longer than anticipated. I have something else I wish to address before we return to whether my predictions and handicapping of our candidates proved correct or not at this point in time. On Tuesday, Adam Schiff and his committee took the next step in the impeachment circus and I wish to address this first because of its importance to our 2020 White House chances. Here we go:
If, I repeat IF, the leadership of the party chooses to follow this course and it costs us the 2020 Presidential Election, my wife and I will NEVER vote for another Democrat politician, no matter the level. No presidents, no governors, no senators, no congressional members, no frigging mayors, and no gosh darned dog catchers, NOTHING. I have warned you. Other Democrats have warned you, enough is enough, we lost with Bob Mueller’s report. We lost. Big time. What the hell more do you want from us? We are ready to blow up NOW!
You see, for nearly three years, Adam Schiff swore every frigging day on MSNBC, on CNN, anywhere the guy could find a microphone, he swore, “I HAVE THE GOODS. I HAVE THE GOODS BEYOND A SHADOW OF A FRIGGING DOUBT. WHEN I SHARE THE GOODS WITH THE AMERICAN PEOPLE, THERE WILL BE NO DOUBT AS TO WHAT THIS FELON DID.”
He swore this. The only place where he did not avow this was on the life of his wife, Eve, and his kids. Conveniently, he left them outside his oaths (as far as I know) because that should have told all of us watching and waiting for the evidence that was going to drive this would-be dictator, this Vladimir Putin boy-toy, this corrupt POS from the bowels of New York City out of office and into Leavenworth or Sing-Sing or some other appropriate hellhole deserving of him.
I have a fair number of employees, most of them Democrats, all of them chomping at the bit. They watch the same TV channels I do and we discuss what we saw the night before all day at work, that’s what kitchen crews do.
Some of them are highly disillusioned, others are frustrated, they are angry at work, some are close to tears, every day Adam Schiff and the rest of the mob on Capitol Hill swore that the 45th president was going D-O-W-N and that all his judges, all his executive orders, all his chicanery and self-aggrandizement was going to end and the American people would be free.
Now, we know how this is affecting the political landscape. I haven’t heard- other than at the very beginning of the last debate– any discussion among our potential nominees on IMPEACHMENT. Surely, if removing the bogus president was as popular NOW as it was way back when, they would be out there thumping the podium and pounding the soapbox demanding #45 undergo impeachment and removal from office now.
I am out there listening with my hand cupped to my ear. I have my ear to the ground, I look at the sky, seeking to divine the smoke signals telling everyone that the Lord is coming and He is going to take this imposter, this fraud, this stinking POS from the gutter out and return our beloved democracy to us. When the hell is it going to happen? Who has the balls to talk about it other than pundits and blabbermouths and other stinky scum on 24/7 cable news channels?
It is bad enough that every Republican crybaby and every member of the Trump cult has circled the wagons around this cretin, this philanderer, this pimp, this lowlife dog that continues to spit in our faces and laugh. It is bad that his shills on Fox News Channel and on Talk Radio all crow about ‘his accomplishments’ as though he actually has ‘accomplished something.’ The only thing he’s accomplished is forcing us to bend over and grab our ankles.
Again, I say this: IF Adam Schiff and Nancy Pelosi and Gargantua on the House Judiciary Committee blow our chances at winning the White House in November 2020 and increasing our numbers in the House and nabbing the Senate, I agree with my friend and colleague, Chef Pedro, ‘that their names will be SCHIFF’ as in SHIT.
I read with great interest Chef Pedro’s enlightening post on Dr. Samuel A. Mudd, the poor sap who treated the broken leg of presidential assassin, John Wilkes Booth. That poor man, whether a part of the plot to assassinate President Abraham Lincoln or a putz who paid an unfair price, we may never know. However, for the next century post 1865 or so, to tell someone who was a scumbag that ‘your name will be Mudd’ was like slamming his mother. It was bad.
Let me say this to you, Speaker Pelosi, to you, Chairman Adam Schiff, to you, Chairman Nadler, to you Steny Hoyer and to you James Clyburn and all the rest of the leadership that IF you blow this easy election like we blew the last one, YOU will be in trouble, big trouble. With 31 competitive congressional districts up for grabs, IF you destroy the party’s chances for the next 10-50 years, we, the Democratic voters of the United States will never forget nor will we forgive.
Sadly, I overshot my time for today, that’s good, for all of us, because I am angry. I am pissed, I am ready to roll up my sleeves and begin throwing blows like that old fart, Robert De Niro, says he wants to do but knows he can’t. IF impeachment costs us the 2020 Election, there will be hordes of rabid Democrats marching to the homes of every Democrat leader with blazing torches, sharpened pitchforks, and cudgels. YOUR heads will be on stakes from one end of the country to the other.
THINK about it. I will see you tomorrow, I hope my mood is better. Sorry.
R. C. Davis
Roland Carl Davis
American Culinary Federation, Inc., CWC
I began my career working as a pot washer at the age of 10, move to washing dishes in 1958, became a chef’s apprentice in 1961 and have been a career professional ever since. I am still involved in professional foodservice as a consultant for food and beverage professionals. Famed Bakersfield street artist Simone created the cartoonish figure of me, which appears to be ‘me’ but I hope I look better than how he portrayed me. You are the judge.
Chef Roland Carl Davis writes from Arvin, CA.
Chef Roland Carl Davis is a proud Democrat
Contact me at the following address: rcdavisHUGO1G@outlook.com
CHEF ROLAND CARL DAVIS
END COMMENTARY 12-05-2019
COPYRIGHT © 2019 BY MHB PRODUCTIONS
WORD COUNT: 1,036
12-05-2019 Thursday—Political Topics and Essays, Part MMIX: “IF my party’s obsession with taking out #45 fails to bear fruit and worse, costs us the 2020 Presidential Election, my wife and I will NEVER vote for another Democrat as long as we live” by Chef Roland Carl Davis.
HOW TO CONTACT THE AMERICAN INSTITUTE OF CULINARY POLITICS-ELEMENTAL NEWS OF THE DAY: Write us at PO Box 20669, Bakersfield, CA 93390-0669 or call us at (661) 374-1430 between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m. PST weekdays and weekends, well, take your chances. You can also email us by contacting the author of the week using his or her email address, which we provide beneath their personal information.
The above icon is the “Trademark of Quality and Symbol of Integrity/Logo” of the Magnolia Hilltop Brewers and of What’s Cookin’ Productions. The AICP-END Blog copyrights this article © 12-01-2019, all rights reserved.
Davis, Roland Carl. “IF my party’s obsession with taking out #45 fails to bear fruit and worse, costs us the 2020 Presidential Election, my wife and I will NEVER vote for another Democrat as long as we live.” Political Topics and Essays, Part MMIX
FOR FURTHER READING:
Edward “Eddie” Fitzgerald Carlton edited and rewrote the blog post today.
The Stinkbug symbol on CDs, DVDs, and Books means “approved by the American Institute of Culinary Politics-Elemental News of the Day” as well as adjusted or edited by the photographic editor.
TODAY IN HISTORY—DECEMBER 05, 2019:
Vice President and President Martin Van Buren; Buffalo Springfield featuring Jim Messina, “Beggar’s Banquet” by the Rolling Stones, and Savoy Brown featuring Kim Simmonds:
- 1349: During the Black Death, fearful rioters murder 500 Jews, thinking that maybe they are the cause of the dreadful disease.
- 1492: Christopher Columbus and his fleet of three ships ‘discover’ Hispaniola Island in the Caribbean Sea.
- 1766: James Christie, founder of the famous auctioneers, held his first sale in London on this date.
- 1776: The first scholastic fraternity in North America, Phi Beta Kappa, was organized at the College of William and Mary at Williamsburg, Virginia.
- 1782: The eighth president of the United States (1837-1841), Martin Van Buren, was born in Kinderhook, New York; he was the first chief executive to be born after American independence. He also served as vice president from 1833-1837. He also served as the nation’s 10th secretary of state, serving under President Andrew Jackson from 03-28-1829 to 05-23-1831 prior to moving up the political ladder.
- 1791: Composer Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart[i] died in Vienna, Austria, at age 35.
- 1792: President George Washington was reelected to a second term in office.
- 1804: President Thomas Jefferson and Vice President George Clinton win re-election to their respective offices.
- 1831: Former President John Quincy Adams took his seat as a member of the U.S. House of Representatives.
- 1832: President Andrew Jackson wins re-election as president of the United States.
- 1848: President James K. Polk triggered the Gold Rush of ’49 by confirming that gold had been discovered in California.
- 1861: The Gatling gun receives a U.S. patent.
- 1876: A fire in a theater in Brooklyn kills 295 and injures more due to burning to death or being trampled by those attempting to escape. Elsewhere, D.C. Stillson received a patent for the Stillson wrench, which was the first practical pipe wrench.
- 1908: College football players first used numerals on uniforms at the University of Pittsburgh on this date.
- 1925: In the 13th Canadian Football League Grey Cup, the Ottawa Senators defeat the Tammany Tigers, 24-1.
- 1932: German physicist Albert Einstein received a visa, which made it possible for him to travel to the United States.
- 1933: National Prohibition sputtered to a close as Utah became the 36th state to ratify the 21st Amendment to the Constitution, repealing the 18th Amendment.
- 1936: In the 24th Canadian Football League Grey Cup, the Sarnia Imperials defeat the Ottawa Rough Riders, 26-20.
- 1941: Soviet counter-offensive drives the Nazis away from Moscow. Meanwhile, the aircraft carrier USS Lexington and five heavy cruisers leave Pearl Harbor for maneuvers in the Pacific Ocean.
- 1945: The famous “Lost Squadron” of Bermuda Triangle fame crashes somewhere east of Florida, never to be seen or heard from again.
- 1946: Through Executive Order #9808, President Harry S. Truman establishes a committee on civil rights and how to fix the situation in the United States, one of the first acts that would lead ultimately to integration and an end to Jim Crow laws in the South.
- 1947: Kim Simmonds, the longtime guitarist and sometimes vocalist with the English rock band Savoy Brown[ii] was born on this date in history (look for the band’s albums here at the AICP-END). Elsewhere, Jim Messina—future bassist with Buffalo Springfield[iii] in 1968 and with Kenny Loggins in Loggins & Messina[iv]—was born on this date. Meanwhile, Joe Louis beats Jersey Joe Walcott in 15 rounds to win the heavyweight boxing title of the world.
- 1949: Ezzard Charles defeats Jersey Joe Walcott to win the heavyweight boxing title of the world.
- 1950: Ezzard Charles retains the heavyweight boxing title of the world by knocking out Nick Barone in the 11th round of their championship match.
- 1952: The Great Smog of London descended onto the city; the unusually thick fog contained toxic pollutants, lasted five days and took the blame for causing thousands of deaths. Where were outcries of ‘global warming-climate change’ then? Nowhere to be heard.
- 1955: The American Congress of Labor and the Congress of Industrial Organizations merged to form the AFL-CIO under its first president George Meany.
- 1968: The Rolling Stones[v] release their classic “Beggar’s Banquet”[vi] album, one everyone should own!
- 1983: Los Angeles Dodgers’ pitcher Steve Howe is suspended for one year over cocaine use.
- 1985: The Dow Jones Industrial Average rises above 1,500 for the first time.
- 1990: For the first time in two years, since Ayatollah Khomeini put a fatwa on his head, “Satanic Verses” author Salman Rushdie appears in public.
- 2009: Tens of thousands of people protest in the streets of Rome, Italy, demanding that Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi resign over morals charges.
- 2011: Reports indicate that credit ratings system Standard and Poor will review fifteen nations for possible downgrade including France and Germany.
- 2012: On this date, famous American pianist and jazz composer, Dave Brubeck, dies at the age of 91.
- 2013: In Pretoria, former South African president and anti-Apartheid activist Nelson Mandela dies at the age of 95.
- 2014: NASA tests its Orion spacecraft, without a crew, 3,500 miles from Earth to test its ability to transform humans deeper into the Solar System. Additional tests will take place before the spacecraft will be able to carry human beings to Mars one day.
President Martin Van Buren, Buffalo Springfield, Jim Messina, Savoy Brown, Kim Simmonds, “Beggar’s Banquet” by the Rolling Stones, Roland Carl Davis, Political Topics and Essays, The Zombies, Kamala Harris, Robert S. Mueller III, Adam Schiff, Jerrold Nadler, Nancy Pelosi, Vladimir Putin, Dr. Samuel A. Mudd, John Wilkes Booth, Pedro Muňoz, Steny Hoyer, James Clyburn, Robert De Niro, #45, Impeach 45 Obsession, 2020 Presidential Election, 2020 Democratic Party Nomination,
FEATURED ALBUM OF THE DAY:
The Zombies, dead and buried, yet their record company put out the next of what would be the next of many compilation albums. “The EP Collection,” came out on September 11, 2001 and it featured a succinct collection of 26 critical tracks, some of which appeared on singles as well as on their first two albums. While you might only find it on CD if you search the web, you sure as heck can find it on wax so visit your favorite record store and consider adding it to your collection- you will be you did.
SPECIAL ALBUMS OF THE DAY:
Posted at the Thursday, March 14, 2013 Blog Post:
Today’s Mothers of Invention album is their twenty-first album, “You can’t do that on Stage anymore, Volume Five,” which appeared on record store shelves on June 10, 1992 and was the fifth installment in a series of the more dubious onstage antics of the Mothers of Invention. For those who love for what the Mothers once stood—X-rated, musical humor, this is a must-have series of albums and this is the first installment. We recommend that you take the link posted above, go to Amazon.com, and buy this album NOW. Thank you.
Posted @ the Sunday, October 05, 2014 Blog Post A:
Jimmy Page released his next solo album, “No Introduction Necessary,” on January 11, 2011, an album that made the charts and showed that the artist still had a fire in his belly. Joining the extraordinary guitarist were Albert Lee (guitars/vocals), Nicky Hopkins (keyboards), John Paul Jones (bass/keyboards), Clem Cattini (drums), Chris Hughes (saxophones), and some other musicians to round out the sound. We encourage everyone to seek this one out by visiting the world’s greatest online marketplace, Amazon.com, and getting it there in the format, the condition, and the price that works best for you- you will be glad you did. Yes, this is a variation on yesterday’s so be nonplussed by it, look for it, listen to it, and buy it.
[i] If we are still alive and doing this blog in 20 years or so, we will present the music of the classic composers as without them, there would be NO civilization, only ISIS-like hell.
[ii] We began presenting the music of this famous British blues-rock band beginning on Friday, 28-January-2011 through 28-February-2011. We hope you will seek the music of Savoy Brown out and consider adding it to your collection.
[iii] We promoted the music of Buffalo Springfield beginning on Saturday, 17-November-2012 through Saturday, 24-November-2012. We hope you will seek this music out and consider adding it to your collection. You will be glad you did.
[iv] Yes, we hope to promote the music of Loggins and Messina one day. Not sure when.
[v] We began promoting the music of the Rolling Stones and of its individual members beginning on Tuesday, 22-March-2016 through Sunday, 28-August-2016.
[vi] “Beggar’s Banquet” by the Rolling Stones appeared at the blog on Sunday, 03-April-2016.