Chef Olaf Bologolo
The AICP-END Blog
PO Box 20669
Bakersfield, CA 93390-0669
Business Phone: 661-374-1430
JUST THE FACTS AT THE AICPENDBLOG.COM
THE AMERICAN INSTITUTE OF CULINARY POLITICS-ELEMENTAL NEWS OF THE DAY COMMENTARY-OPINION-SPORTS-FOOD SERVICE FOR SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 23, 2019 BY CHEF OLAF BOLOGOLO
“Say what you will about Joe Biden, he is still leading the Democratic pack and will continue being its leader for the foreseeable future- what does that tell you?” by Chef Olaf Bologolo
FALL SESSION 2019
BLOG POST #3,310 AT THE AICP-END
348 DAYS UNTIL ELECTION DAY 2020
Yes, indeed, I did watch Wednesday night’s Democratic debate. Oh, brother.
Century City, CA 90067, 11-23-2019 Saturday: Well, folks, this past Wednesday night, I arrived home, got out an O’Doul’s, turned on the DVR and watched the Democratic candidates go toe-to-toe and mano a mano against one another in the debate. The octagon was full, there were 10 fortunate candidates vying against one another and only a few of them truly possess the capabilities necessary to move the country forward.
I think everyone was ranked by position. On the left fringe, we saw Sen. Cory Booker from New Jersey, then we saw Congresswoman Tulsi Gabbard from Hawaii, and next to her stood Sen. Amy Klobuchar, Minnesota, flanked by Mayor Pete Buttigieg, Indiana, then Sen. Liz Warren, Massachusetts.
In the middle stood former Vice President Joseph R. Biden, next to him was Sen. Bernie Sanders, Vermont, then our homegrown Sen. Kamala Harris, California, then Andrew Yang, and finally Tom Steyer who looked so out of place that I am stunned he even bothered to show up. No one likes or respects the guy yet there he was, Mr. Private Prisons and King Coalmine wealth[i]. Yikes. I would hate to be him.
Now, some of these people are pure loco whereas others come across as somewhat reasonable. Everyone wants to see Trump go down, whether he merely is ejected from office via impeachment or by criminal prosecution followed by a lengthy stint- if not life- in the worst federal prison known to man.
Hmmm, perhaps they can swing a deal with the French and send him off to Devil’s Island? The guy leading that country with mother issues might actually favor a deal like that if it brought the Paris Climate Accord back into being.
The problem with the candidates is that they end up involved in imbroglios with one another because the losers moderating the debacle pit them against one another. Some, like Tulsi, Yang, and the putz Steyer received extraordinarily little attention and mere scraps of time. I am surprised that both Steyer and Yang did not disappear from the stage one by one because the camera focus remained on the “Central Five.”[ii]
I am going to mention something here I think everyone seeking the nomination of the Democratic Party must do. All of them must reach out to a larger constituency instead of playing to the same old same old as they have from the start. Here is how I see things for each of the candidates and you may be surprised by where we end up. Ready? Let’s go:
Congresswoman Gabbard reaches out to the military constituency, to ‘my brothers and sisters in arms’ and ‘how we cannot have any more regime-change wars around the world.’ Bravo, bravo! Loud round of jazz hands for the soon-to-be former congresswoman.
Tom Steyer is following the path of Gov. Jay Inslee[iii]. Remember him? Nope? Well, he is the governor of the great state of Washington who banked everything on climate change. Where is he now? Gone, folks, gone and among the earliest to drop out.
Andrew Yang is seeking the anti-China constituency that wants to beat the Chinese in AI. That is his gigantic thing. Remember, Mr. Yang’s family emanates from Taiwan, which in our view is a province of China. Yang has NO chance whatsoever, even if he gives everyone a thousand bucks per month. Wait. I have not heard him mention that one lately…out the window?
Mayor Pete is reaching out to the military folks like U.S. Army eunuch Lt. Col. Alexander Vindman, you know, the guys serving in the rear who live the good life while the grunts in the field are fighting hand to hand and eating hot lead. He also seeks the Bath House vote. There, I said it, yeah, I know, sounds homophobic but it’s the truth and our new patrons will keep us up and running.
Sen. Bernie Sanders: he is seeking the communist vote. Plain and simple. Did you know the CPUSA was an illegal political organization for a long, long time? When Eugene V. Debs was seeking the presidency? What wisenheimer ever allowed them to be a legal party once again? I have no clue.
Sen. Liz Warren is reaching out to the socialist voters, the people who do not know that communism and socialism are basically the same thing, just slightly different names. Socialism sounds nicer while communism sounds worse. Like her being ‘an Indian,’ she is no pro-American, she is pro-Big Brother. No way in hell.
Sen. Kamala Harris: if you like angry minority then she is for you. This woman is so peeved that she is not running away with the nomination that, much like Hillary, the anger and the hate oozes out of her pores like victory gin in “1984.”
What’s more, it is visceral, it is ugly, and it causes one to blanche whenever she opens her pouty lips and begins spewing yuck. Perhaps a body bath of Genusel® would bring back some vigor to her turkey neck? Sounds mean, I know, but true, folks, true. Voters would not vote for Hillary and they won’t vote for the ‘wicked witch of the west.’
Sen. Amy Klobuchar: you know, she sounds reasonable although she looks like a dog, bow wow. Still, if she is the nominee and were to become president, I could handle it because she is seeking all categories of voters and not just competing for one or two groups.
Sen. Cory Booker: you know, this man makes sense. He looks like a goofball and acts like one; however, he seems reasonable and compared to some of the other slobbering losers, if he became president, I might be able to handle it.
Vice President Joe Biden- still looking good[iv]. He is sane, he ripped Steyer a good one when he mentioned his coalmine operation in Australia. It will depend on who his vice president will be. Cory Booker, Tulsi Gabbard, or Amy Klobuchar might work because they will back him up and most likely follow him after one term. At least, he will accomplish his dream.
Friends, who knows where things will end up? I suspect that Yang, Steyer, Liz, Mayor Pete will be gone but some of the others will persevere. I guess we shall see. Place your bets now.
Want to thank our benefactors for their kindness and we will meet again tomorrow. Thank you and God bless. Let’s hope the American people make the right decision as to whom should lead the Democratic Party forward next year.
CEC, ACF, Washington State Chefs Association, Retired
This is a facsimile of me as created by the well-known Bakersfield, California, street artist, the famed Simone. My entire life has been one of professional food service with my family and I owning and operating a well-known eatery in beautiful downtown Los Angeles, California, the epitome of fine cuisine around the world.
Chef Olaf Bologolo writes from Century City, CA.
Chef Olaf Bologolo was a member of the Green Party and voted Democrat. In January 2017, he re-registered as an Independent.
Contact me at the following email address: olafbologolo372B@gmail.com
CHEF OLAF BOLOGOLO
END COMMENTARY 11-23-2019
COPYRIGHT © 2019 BY MHB PRODUCTIONS
WORD COUNT: 1,094
11-23-2019 Saturday—Political Topics and Essays, Part MCMXCVII: “Say what you will about Joe Biden, he is still leading the Democratic pack and will continue being its leader for the foreseeable future- what does that tell you?” by Chef Olaf Bologolo.
HOW TO CONTACT THE AMERICAN INSTITUTE OF CULINARY POLITICS-ELEMENTAL NEWS OF THE DAY: Write us at PO Box 20669, Bakersfield, CA 93390-0669 or call us at (661) 374-1430 between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m. PST weekdays and weekends, well, take your chances. You can also email us by contacting the author of the week using his or her email address, which we provide beneath their personal information.
The above icon is the “Trademark of Quality and Symbol of Integrity/Logo” of the Magnolia Hilltop Brewers and of What’s Cookin’ Productions. The AICP-END Blog copyrights this article © 11-20-2019, all rights reserved.
Bologolo, Olaf. “Say what you will about Joe Biden, he is still leading the Democratic pack and will continue being its leader for the foreseeable future- what does that tell you?” Political Topics and Essays, Part MCMXCVII
FOR FURTHER READING:
Edward “Eddie” Fitzgerald Carlton edited and rewrote the blog post today.
The Stinkbug symbol on CDs, DVDs, and Books means “approved by the American Institute of Culinary Politics-Elemental News of the Day” as well as adjusted or edited by the photographic editor.
KEEP READING THE ELEMENTARY NEWS OF THE DAY FOR THE BEST OF CULINARY POLITICS!
READ THE ELEMENTAL NEWS OF THE DAY FOR THE BEST NEWS, POLITICAL COMMENTARY, SPORTS, FOOD SERVICE, HOTEL, AND RESTAURANT BUSINESS, THE END TIMES, THE END OF DAYS, THE APOCALYPSE, ARMAGEDDON, AND WHATEVER ELSE HAPPENS TO POP UP!
THE BEVERLY CARRICK ORIGINAL ARTWORK OF THE DAY:
This artwork is #1095 a 16” x 12” original oil painting by Beverly Carrick, which, she entitled, “In My Garden.” It is among her more beautiful works and is available for sale. You can see much more of her work at her Website, found at beverlycarrick.com, or at the blog’s Facebook page. At her Website, you will see not only more original oil paintings but also lithographs, giclees, prints, miniatures, photographs, and even her award-winning instructional video entitled, “Painting the Southwest with Beverly Carrick.” Beverly has been painting for more than 60 years and known around the world for both the beauty and timelessness of her artworks. Hanging in private and public galleries and followed by many fans encircling the globe—her works instill awe because of her artistic brilliance and personal beauty. We urge you to go to her Website NOW and view her work. It is possible that you will find something you like and will want to buy it for yourself, a friend, a loved one, or a neighbor! You will not be disappointed so please: do yourself a favor and go there IMMEDIATELY! Thank you, the American Institute of Culinary Politics-Elemental News of the Day!
Beverly Carrick: The World’s Greatest Artist (1927-2012)
TODAY IN HISTORY—NOVEMBER 23, 2019:
President Franklin Pierce; Vice Presidents Elbridge Gerry and Daniel D. Tompkins; “The Wall” by Pink Floyd, and Sly & the Family Stone featuring Cynthia Robinson:
- 1165: Pope Alexander III returns from exile to Rome.
- 1584: The English Parliament throws the Jesuits out of the country.
- 1765: Frederick County, Maryland, became the first colonial entity to repudiate the British Stamp Act.
- 1804: The 14th President of the United States, Franklin Pierce, was born in Hillsboro, New Hampshire.
- 1814: The fifth vice-president of the United States, 1813-1814, Democratic-Republican Elbridge Gerry, died in office on this date. Daniel D. Tompkins followed him.
- 1835: Henry Burden patented the horseshoe-making machine on this date.
- 1887: Actor Boris Karloff was born William Henry Pratt in London, England.
- 1889: The first jukebox made its debut in San Francisco at the Palais Royale Saloon. The coin-operated device consisted of four listening tubes connected to an Edison phonograph.
- 1890: Following the death of her father, 10-year-old Wilhelmina became the queen of the Netherlands.
- 1897: Andrew J. Beard patents the ‘jerry coupler’ by which, to hook railroad cars and engines to one another.
- 1903: Enrico Caruso made his American debut at the Metropolitan Opera House in New York, appearing in “Rigoletto.”
- 1906: Joseph Smith, leader of the Mormon Church is convicted of polygamy.
- 1909: The Wright Brothers form a million-dollar corporation to manufacture airplanes.
- 1910: American-born physician Hawley Harvey Crippen was hanged at Pentonville Prison in London for murdering his wife, Cora. (Crippen’s mistress, Ethel Le Neve, won acquittal in a separate trial of being an accessory).
- 1914: The seventh-month U.S. military occupation of Veracruz, Mexico, ended.
- 1921: President Warren G. Harding signs the Willis-Campbell Act (the anti-beer bill), which forbids physicians from prescribing alcohol to their patients for medicinal purposes.
- 1936: Life, the photojournalism magazine created by Henry R. Luce, was first published.
- 1939: Nazi Governor-General of Poland, Hans Frank requires all Jews to wear BLUE stars.
- 1941: German troops go on the counteroffensive against the Russian attacks and capture the city of Klin northwest of Moscow.
- 1942: During World War II, President Franklin D. Roosevelt signed a measure establishing the U.S. Women’s Coast Guard Reserve, or SPARS (an abbreviation of the U.S. Coast Guard motto “Semper Paratus”— “Always Ready”). Meanwhile, the Japanese air force bombs Port Darwin, northern Australia. Finally, on the Eastern Front, the German 4th and 6th Armies find themselves surrounded in and around Stalingrad on the Volga River. The Romanian 3rd and 5th Army Corps surrenders to the Red Army outside of the city.
- 1943: During World War II, U.S. forces seized control of Tarawa and Makin Atolls from the Japanese.
- 1945: Most U.S. wartime rationing including meat and butter ends.
- 1946: The French navy fires on the city of Haiphong in French Indochina, attacking Communist forces there and in the process killing at least, 6,000 people, most of whom were not combatants.
- 1959: The musical “Fiorello!,” starring Tom Bosley as legendary New York Mayor Fiorello LaGuardia, opened on Broadway.
- 1963: President Lyndon Baines Johnson proclaims November 25 a national day of mourning for slain President John F. Kennedy.
- 1964: TWA Flight 800, a Boeing 707 bound for Athens crashed during takeoff from Rome, killing 50 of the 73 people aboard it.
- 1971: The People’s Republic of China was seated in the United Nations Security Council.[v]
- 1979: Pink Floyd releases “The Wall” LP, sells 6 million copies in two weeks.
- 1980: Some 2,600 people were killed by a devastating series of earthquakes that devastated southern Italy.
- 1985: Egyptian commandoes storm a hijacked Egypt-Air airliner on Malta, killing 58 people in the process, most of them passengers and crew. Elsewhere, Larry Wu-tai Chin, a retired CIA analyst, underwent arrest for which, the government charged him with spying for China. A year after suffering conviction, he committed suicide.
- 1988: Wayne Gretzky scored his 600th National Hockey League goal.
- 1991: Evander Holyfield scores a TKO over Bert Cooper in the 7th round of their heavyweight title-boxing match to win the title. Meanwhile, a day before he dies, Freddie Mercury confirms he has HIV-AIDS. Finally, the Sacramento Kings of the NBA ended the longest road-losing streak at 43 games.
- 1992: In Germany, three Turks were killed when rightist militants firebombed their homes in Moelln; in Berlin, hundreds of demonstrators protested in solidarity with foreigners. Country music star Roy Acuff died in Nashville at age 89.
- 1996: A commandeered Ethiopian Airlines Boeing 767 crashed into the water off the Comoros Islands, killing 125 of the 175 people on board, including all three hijackers.
- 2000: In a setback for Vice President Albert Gore, the Florida Supreme Court refused to order Miami-Dade County officials to resume hand-counting its Election Day ballots. Meanwhile, Gore’s lawyers argued in a brief filed with the U.S. Supreme Court that the high court should stay out of the Florida election controversy.
- 2004: Opposition leader Viktor Yushchenko declared him the winner of Ukraine’s disputed presidential election and took a symbolic oath of office. Late, in December of the same year, he won a court-ordered revote. Meanwhile, Viacom agreed to pay a record $3.5 million to settle dozens of government investigations into allegations of indecency in its radio and television programming. Lastly, Dan Rather announced he would step down as principal anchor of “The CBS Evening News” in March of 2005. He did this because against the advice of TV executives, he went with a falsified report on President George W. Bush prior to the election that was proven nothing more than lies.
- 2006: Former KGB spy Alexander Litvinenko died in London from radiation poisoning after making a deathbed statement fingering Russian President Vladimir Putin for having assassinated him.
- 2008: The government unveiled a bold plan to rescue Citigroup, injecting a fresh $20 billion into the troubled firm as well as guaranteeing hundreds of billions of dollars in risky assets. Elsewhere, Spain clinched an improbably, come-from-behind Davis Cup victory over Argentina.
- 2010: For the first time in ten years, Burmese pro-Democracy leader Aung San Suu Kyi is reunited with her son.
- 2011: The United States announces that it will no longer observe the 1990 Treaty on Conventional Armed Forces in Europe.
- 2012: President of Egypt Mohamed Morsi causes a call for large protests after he passed a degree giving him sweeping new powers.
- 2013: President Barack Obama said a nuclear deal reached with Iran during talks in Geneva was an “important first step” toward addressing the world’s concerns over the Islamic republic’s disputed nuclear program. President Donald J. Trump would later throw this worthless piece of garbage on the dung heap.
- 2014: To counter political attacks from groups that either deny or ignore Israel’s Jewish identity, the Israeli government passes a law that declares Israel to be BOTH a democratic state AND the Jewish homeland.
- 2015: Former trumpeter with the Bay Area funk-rock-soul band, Sly and the Family Stone—Cynthia Robinson—lost her battle with cancer on this date.
Original Beverly Carrick Artworks, Beverly Carrick—World Famous Artist, President Franklin Pierce, Vice President Elbridge Gerry, Vice President Daniel D. Tompkins, Sly and the Family Stone, Cynthia Robinson, Pink Floyd, “The Wall”, O. Bologolo, Political Topics and Essays, The Zombies, Cory Booker, Tulsi Gabbard, Amy Klobuchar, Pete Buttigieg, Liz Warren, Joe Biden, Bernie Sanders, Kamala Harris, Andrew Yang, Tom Steyer, 2020 Democratic Party Primary Debate Schedule, Qualifications for 2020 Democratic Primary Debates, 2019-2020 Democratic Primary Debates, 2020 Democratic Debates, Private Health Care, Public Health Care, 2020 Democratic Party Primary Debates, Abortion on Demand, Abortion, Planned Parenthood, Democratic Party- Party of Death, Infanticide, Euthanasia, Ageism, “Mercy Killing”,
FEATURED ALBUM OF THE DAY:
The Zombies, dead and buried, yet their record company put out the next of what would be many compilation albums. “The Collection,” came out on June 30, 1987 and it featured ten unbelievably important tracks, some of which appeared on singles as well as on their first two albums. While you might only find it on CD if you search the web, you sure as heck can find it on wax so visit your favorite record store and consider adding it to your collection- you will be you did.
SPECIAL ALBUMS OF THE DAY:
Posted at the Saturday, March 02, 2013 Blog Post:
Today’s album is Frank Zappa’s twenty-sixth solo album, “Does Humor belong in Music,” came out in 1986 once more is another exciting album by one of Rock-and-Roll’s most unique and greatest musicians. Once more, Frank delivers the goods and boy, what goods they are; it is one of his best works of the 1980’s which means you need to buy it now. I suggest that you visit Amazon.com and buy it post haste. You are going to be glad that you did.
Posted @ the Monday, September 29, 2014 Blog Post A:
The Law was a group that formed in 1991 and worked into 1992 featuring Paul Rodgers (vocals, guitars, keyboards), Kenney Jones (drums), Jim Barber (lead guitar), John Staehely (guitars), Pino Palladino (bass), and some other guest guitarists. Their self-titled album, “The Law” originally came out in ’91 what with this one being a re-released in March 19, 2008. We hope you will check it out as it is a fine effort by some top-notch British talent with some American guests. Please, get it at the world’s greatest online marketplace, Amazon.com.
[i] The Los Angeles Times has an amazing article about this two-faced multi-billionaire. Please use this link to read the article for yourselves so you can decide about whether the man is legitimate or highly dishonest: <https://www.latimes.com/politics/la-na-pol-2020-tom-steyer-hedge-fund-billionaire-20190711-story.html >
[ii] I predict the Central Five- Buttigieg, Biden, Sanders, Warren, and Harris will be the nucleus of the race from this point forward. The problem for Tom Perez, the man in charge of the DNC, is that he needs to get the other five and the rest of the goobers still out there seeking the nomination like Julian Castro, Wayne Messam, and the other losers out ASAP.
[iii] Washington state Governor Jay Inslee entered the race on March 01, 2019 and exited on August 21, 2019, becoming the third to drop out after Congressman Eric Swalwell (the first) and Colorado Gov. John Hickenlooper (the second). Swalwell entered on April 08, 2019 and abandoned the race on July 08, 2019. Hickenlooper entered the race on March 04, 2019 and bailed out on August 15, 2019.
[iv] No matter what happens, Joe Biden is still looking good. It makes one curious as to whether Hillary will hitch up her shit-kicking boots for another go at it or if she will remain on the sideline watching the circus continue. We shall see.
[v] This was long overdue. We can thank Republican President Richard M. Nixon for opening the door to the New China.
WE WOULD LIKE TO THANK OUR PATRONS AND BENEFACTORS FOR KEEPING OUR BLOGS UP-AND-RUNNING. WE APPRECIATE WHAT THEY DO AS SHOULD YOU. WE ALSO THANK GOOGLE FOR BEING THE GREAT ORGANIZATION THEY ARE…AND FRIENDS AND FOLLOWERS, BUY MORE OF THE GOODS WE OFFER AS EVERY PURCHASE KEEPS THE LIGHTS ON, THE WATER RUNNING, AND THE PLUMBING WORKING…