Chef Olaf Bologolo
The AICP-END Blog
PO Box 20669
Bakersfield, CA 93390-0669
Business Phone: 661-374-1430
JUST THE FACTS AT THE AICPENDBLOG.COM
THE AMERICAN INSTITUTE OF CULINARY POLITICS-ELEMENTAL NEWS OF THE DAY COMMENTARY-OPINION-SPORTS-FOOD SERVICE FOR TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 19, 2019 BY CHEF OLAF BOLOGOLO
“The only way humankind will recognize its potential is if all civilized major nations- U.S. China, Russia, India, and European Union- join together in a Grand Bargain to bring about global peace and then to reach the stars” by Chef Olaf Bologolo
FALL SESSION 2019
BLOG POST #3,306 AT THE AICP-END
352 DAYS UNTIL ELECTION DAY 2020
Hong Kong, Taiwan, and Tibet are in the Chinese sphere of influence; doesn’t mean we can work together to effect Itzi’s “Grand Bargain” concept…
Century City, CA 90067, 11-19-2019 Tuesday: Friends, good morning. The creators and participants of our blogs have communed together at our annual meeting and we have decided that we will no longer criticize the People’s Republic of China. I will clarify one thing, however, and that is we won’t back down when it comes to the ongoing trade talks between our nation and theirs because there must be an equitable agreement that will benefit both sides for, let’s say, the next half-century.
However, when it comes to Hong Kong, Tibet, and Taiwan, it is clear those territories exist within China’s wheelhouse so we will leave it to them to make whatever determination they choose. We trust it will be a humane one and that people living in those territories will discover there much to be gained from cooperating with Beijing.
Most of us believe that one day, China will be the leader among nations. At one time, this may have frightened millions of people the world over but that was then and this is now. We no longer see violence committed against the Chinese people by emissaries of the government such as when Chairman Mao’s Red Guards who took to the streets on his behalf and dealt out what he considered to be ‘justice.’
Likewise, the Cultural Revolution[i] is no more and the people of China are building an astounding country, one that will set the path forward for decades to come. We can only hope that as their lives improve and their people enjoy what everyone else living in the First World does that we can all come together and work together for our mutual benefit. We have much to learn from them just as they can increase their knowledge by emulating and learning from us.
President Trump is correct when he says that previous American leaders put our country into an unfair advantage with the PRC. Yes, they negotiated deals with the Chinese at great expense to the American people and all President Trump is doing is to level the playing field. What can be wrong with that when everyone will gain something and no one will be left holding the bag.
The ONLY way peace will ever come to the entire world is through global cooperation of the BIG POWERS. Countries such as China and the United States have much to gain by working in peace and harmony with one another. No one wants war so why should there be war when there is much for everyone to achieve. No one nation must sit atop the globe and rule it as a sole leader. We can bring peace to every region of the world and then we can leap off the surface of the Earth, settle the moon, and from there expand out into our Solar System.
My colleagues have mentioned a goal in earlier posts that made sense to me. Chef Itzi- a liberal Democrat- first began writing about it back in September 2014 in which, she called for a modern-day ‘Grand Bargain’ among the civilized nations of the world with which to wipe out Islamist terrorism.
In her post (see references) she made a great deal of sense because such alliances have worked before and can work again, something the Dems in power now are always wailing about, ‘how Donald J. Trump is toppling our beloved alliances.’
Imagine if the United States, Russia, the European Union, India, Japan, South Korea, and China- among other nations- all set aside their differences to harmonize the entire planet. Each of these nations or groups would deal with the problems in their particular region and once peace was established there would assist others if the need arose in civilizing their regions.
Let’s say the United States would have free rein to run the board in Mexico and Central America, that our country could go in there and wipe the floor with the narcoterrorists and other scum so destabilizing the region.
Let’s say that Russia and the European Union would be responsible for bringing the Middle East under control, stamping out radical Islam not only there but across the entirety of North Africa and into the northern interior.
Let us say, too, that the Europeans and the Americans would contend with West Africa and that India and China would contend with the Islamist states in Central Asia as well as the eastern shore of Africa. They would wipe out terrorism and piracy there as we would along the coast and interior of West Africa.
Other nations could join us such as Brazil and Argentina. Every nation under threat of insurgency could join up and together we could bring peace back to the people. Once done, the alliance would supplant the United Nations, becoming the de facto global rulers who would maintain peace and stability while working to better the lives of everyone.
Now, I know many will claim that this is all ‘pie in the sky.’ Well, let us agree that alliances of opposites have worked before and can work again. President Trump is working hard to bring prosperity and status back to America but I think we will never ever resemble the power and the potential that China now has and one day will become.
Throughout history, while some nations decline others rise. I think that an alliance such as this is the ONLY way we can raise humanity to the next level. We must set religious differences and ethnic differences aside so we can colonize the moon, the planets and their moons and then expand out into space. It is not possible to conquer the ‘final frontier’ as Gene Roddenberry’s “Star Trek”[ii] said without the entire planet being united.
If this is ‘socialism,’ then so be it. We can share the pie together when war and conflict no longer exist.
See you tomorrow.
CEC, ACF, Washington State Chefs Association, Retired
This is a facsimile of me as created by the well-known Bakersfield, California, street artist, the famed Simone. My entire life has been one of professional food service with my family and I owning and operating a well-known eatery in beautiful downtown Los Angeles, California, the epitome of fine cuisine around the world.
Chef Olaf Bologolo writes from Century City, CA.
Chef Olaf Bologolo was a member of the Green Party and voted Democrat. In January 2017, he re-registered as an Independent.
Contact me at the following email address: olafbologolo372B@gmail.com
CHEF OLAF BOLOGOLO
END COMMENTARY 11-19-2019
COPYRIGHT © 2019 BY MHB PRODUCTIONS
WORD COUNT: 999
11-19-2019 Tuesday—Political Topics and Essays, Part MCMXCIII: “The only way humankind will recognize its potential is if all civilized major nations- U.S. China, Russia, India, and European Union- join together in a Grand Bargain to bring about global peace and then to reach the stars” by Chef Olaf Bologolo.
HOW TO CONTACT THE AMERICAN INSTITUTE OF CULINARY POLITICS-ELEMENTAL NEWS OF THE DAY: Write us at PO Box 20669, Bakersfield, CA 93390-0669 or call us at (661) 374-1430 between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m. PST weekdays and weekends, well, take your chances. You can also email us by contacting the author of the week using his or her email address, which we provide beneath their personal information.
The above icon is the “Trademark of Quality and Symbol of Integrity/Logo” of the Magnolia Hilltop Brewers and of What’s Cookin’ Productions. The AICP-END Blog copyrights this article © 11-16-2019, all rights reserved.
Bologolo, Olaf. “The only way humankind will recognize its potential is if all civilized major nations- U.S. China, Russia, India, and European Union- join together in a Grand Bargain to bring about global peace and then to reach the stars.” Political Topics and Essays, Part MCMXCIII
FOR FURTHER READING:
09-01-2014 M: “Political Topics and Essays, Part Two-Hundred-and-Thirty-Two: Itzi brings up the Notion of forming a Grand Bargain with the World’s Civilized Nations for the Purposes of destroying NOT only ISIS but also other problematic Terrorist Groups, Part I” by Chef Itzi Nakamura. Post #1380
09-02-2014 T: “Political Topics and Essays, Part Two-Hundred-and-Thirty-Three: Itzi continues her Discussion of her Grand Bargain Concept, one in which, the World’s Civilized Nations join to eradicate Terrorist Groups, Part II” by Chef Itzi Nakamura. Post #1381
09-03-2014 W: “Political Topics and Essays, Part Two-Hundred-and-Thirty-Four: Chef Itzi begins outlining her Grand Bargain Scheme by which, the Industrial Nations of the World come together to protect their varied ways of Life by defeating all of the Terrorist Threats Jointly, Part III” by Chef Itzi Nakamura. Post #1382
09-04-2014 Th: “Political Topics and Essays, Part Two-Hundred-and-Thirty-Five: Chef Itzi continues promoting her Grand Bargain by discussing the Fabled Alliance that saved the World during World War II and how we can keep ours from splintering apart when our Endeavor ends, Part IV” by Chef Itzi Nakamura. Post #1393
09-05-2014 F: “Political Topics and Essays, Part Two-Hundred-and-Thirty-Six: Chef Itzi discusses the Fact that President Obama called ISIS the ‘JV al-Qaida Squad,’ which simply is NOT True—these People are EVIL and need the Civilized Peoples of the World to destroy them!” by Chef Itzi Nakamura. Post #1394
09-06-2014 S: “Political Topics and Essays, Part Two-Hundred-and-Thirty-Seven: This is the Century Marker for the First World War and now, we are closer to a NEW World War if we do not do something about the Terrorists threatening to destroy everything for which, the Civilized Nations of the World have worked!” by Chef Itzi Nakamura. Post #1395
09-07-2014 Su: “Political Topics and Essays, Part Two-Hundred-and-Thirty-Eight: Itzi’s Final Day comes, and she concludes her Discussion of the ‘Grand Bargain,’ September 11’s 13th Anniversary, and the Danger in which, the Nation now is” by Chef Itzi Nakamura. Post #1396
09-08-2014 M: “Political Topics and Essays, Part Two-Hundred-and-Thirty-Nine: Stinkbug praises Chef Itzi’s Idea of the ‘Grand Bargain’ and takes it even further by saying ‘We Civilized Nations have too much to lose so we need to impose New Restrictions on the Rest of the World through Recolonization!’” by Chef Stinkbug. Post #1397
09-29-2014 M: “Political Topics and Essays, Part Two-Hundred-and-Sixty: Chef Jimmy congratulates President Obama for going after ISIS, is concerned that we might face Attacks on the Home Front, and praises Chef Itzi’s ‘Grand Bargain’ Concept!” by Chef James “Jimmy” Hall. Post #1408
02-11-2015 W: “Political Topics and Essays, Part CCCXXXIV: today, Lilah shares her concurrence with the Grand Bargain Concept First presented by Colleague Itzi Nakamura by which, the Civilized Nations of the World come together to destroy Terrorist Scum such as ISIS aka ISIL or Da’ish!” by Lilah Paulikovich. Post #1543
Edward “Eddie” Fitzgerald Carlton edited and rewrote the blog post today.
The Stinkbug symbol on CDs, DVDs, and Books means “approved by the American Institute of Culinary Politics-Elemental News of the Day” as well as adjusted or edited by the photographic editor.
KEEP READING THE ELEMENTARY NEWS OF THE DAY FOR THE BEST OF CULINARY POLITICS!
READ THE ELEMENTAL NEWS OF THE DAY FOR THE BEST NEWS, POLITICAL COMMENTARY, SPORTS, FOOD SERVICE, HOTEL, AND RESTAURANT BUSINESS, THE END TIMES, THE END OF DAYS, THE APOCALYPSE, ARMAGEDDON, AND WHATEVER ELSE HAPPENS TO POP UP!
THE BEVERLY CARRICK ORIGINAL ARTWORK OF THE DAY:
This artwork is #1091 a 12” x 16” original oil painting by Beverly Carrick, which, she entitled, “Sea Spray.” It is among her more beautiful works and is available for sale. You can see much more of her work at her Website, found at beverlycarrick.com, or at the blog’s Facebook page. At her Website, you will see not only more original oil paintings but also lithographs, giclees, prints, miniatures, photographs, and even her award-winning instructional video entitled, “Painting the Southwest with Beverly Carrick.” Beverly has been painting for more than 60 years and known around the world for both the beauty and timelessness of her artworks. Hanging in private and public galleries and followed by many fans encircling the globe—her works instill awe because of her artistic brilliance and personal beauty. We urge you to go to her Website NOW and view her work. It is possible that you will find something you like and will want to buy it for yourself, a friend, a loved one, or a neighbor! You will not be disappointed so please: do yourself a favor and go there IMMEDIATELY! Thank you, the American Institute of Culinary Politics-Elemental News of the Day!
Beverly Carrick: The World’s Greatest Artist (1927-2012)
TODAY IN HISTORY—NOVEMBER 19, 2019:
President James A. Garfield; Vice President Richard M. Johnson; Apollo 12; Badfinger featuring Tom Evans, Guns ‘n’ Roses featuring Matt Sorum, Humble Pie featuring Greg Ridley, King Crimson featuring Andy McCulloch, and the Mothers of Invention featuring Ray Collins:
- 461: St. Hilary begins his reign as Catholic Pope.
- 498: Anastasias II ends his reign as Catholic Pope.
- 1620: The Mayflower arrives at Cape Cod and begins the exploration of the coast.
- 1700: At the Battle of Narva, troops under Swedish King Karel II beat the Russians.
- 1794: The United States and Britain signed Jay’s Treaty, which resolved some issues left over from the Revolutionary War.
- 1831: The 20th president of the United States, James A. Garfield, was born in Orange Township, Ohio.
- 1850: Carolyn Ingraham became the first woman to whom an insurance company issued a life insurance policy. A 36-year-old woman, she bought the policy in Madison, N.J. Elsewhere, former Democrat and ninth vice-president of the United States, 1837-1841, Richard M. Johnson—died on this date.
- 1863: President Abraham Lincoln delivered the Gettysburg Address as he dedicated a national cemetery at the site of the Civil War battle in Pennsylvania.
- 1887: American poet Emma Lazarus, who had written “The New Colossus,” to help raise money for the Statue of Liberty’s pedestal, died in New York at age 38.
- 1893: The Sunday edition of the New York World published the first newspaper color supplement on this date.
- 1895: Frederick E. Blaisdell received a patent for his ‘paper pencil’ on this date.
- 1903: Carrie Nation attempts to address the United States Senate.
- 1919: The Senate rejected the Treaty of Versailles by a vote of 55 for, 39 against, short of the two-thirds majority needed for ratification.
- 1928: For the first time in the history of Time magazine, its front cover appeared in color with the subject depicted on the cover being Japan’s Emperor Hirohito.
- 1936: Ray Collins—future percussionist/drummer with the rock band, the Mothers of Invention, 1964-1968—is born on this date.
- 1940: Belgium King Leopold III visits Adolf Hitler, hoping to strike some sort of deal with him.
- 1942: During World War II, the Russians launched their offensive against the Germans along the Don Front—this would lead to the debacle at Stalingrad and the loss of the German Sixth Army.
- 1945: Future drummer with King Crimson—Andy McCulloch—is born on this date.
- 1950: U.S. Five-Star General Dwight D. Eisenhower becomes the Supreme Commander of NATO in Europe.
- 1954: Two automatic toll collectors went into service on the Garden State Parkway in New Jersey.
- 1959: Ford Motor Company announced it was halting production of the unpopular Edsel.
- 1960: Future drummer with the heavy-rock drug band, Guns’ N’ Roses- Matt Sorum (drums 1990-1997)- is born in Venice, California, on this date.
- 1969: Apollo 12 astronauts Charles Conrad and Alan Bean made the second manned landing on the moon and become the third and fourth men to walk on Earth’s satellite.
- 1970: Hafiz al-Assad seized power in the Middle Eastern nation of Syria on today’s date.
- 1976: Heiress Patricia Hearst leaves jail after the Hearst family paid her $15 million bail.
- 1977: Anwar Sadat became the first Arab leader to visit the state of Israel. Libya drops diplomatic relations with Egypt.
- 1979: Pitcher Nolan Ryan of the Houston Astros became baseball’s highest-paid player at the time by signing a four-year contract worth $4.5 million.
- 1981: U.S. Steel agreed to pay $6.3 million for Marathon Oil.
- 1983: Tom Evans—bassist/vocalist with the British rock band, Badfinger, took his own life on this date.
- 1984: Twenty-year-old Dwight Gooden of the New York Mets became the youngest major league pitcher to become Rookie of the Year in the National League. Elsewhere, some 500-people died in a firestorm set off by a series of explosions at a petroleum storage plant on the edge of Mexico City.
- 1985: President Ronald Reagan and Soviet leader Mikhail S. Gorbachev met for the first time as they began their summit in Geneva, Switzerland.
- 1990: Grammy music authorities stripped pop duo Milli Vanilli of their Grammy Award because other singers had lent their voices to the “Girl You Know It’s True” album. Meanwhile, Iraqi thug-dictator Saddam Hussein announces he will free all German hostages. Finally, NATO and the Warsaw Pact signed a treaty of nonaggression.
- 1994: The UN Security Council authorized NATO to bomb rebel Serb forces striking from neighboring Croatia against Muslim targets within the crumbling Yugoslavia.
- 1995: An Islamist blasts his way into the Egyptian Embassy in Islamabad, Pakistan, killing 16 personnel. Meanwhile, in Poland, President Lech Walesa lost his reelection bid.
- 1997: In Carlisle, Iowa, Bobbi McCaughey gave birth to septuplets, only the second-known case in which ALL seven of the babies were born alive.
- 1998: The impeachment inquiry of President Bill Clinton commenced on this date. Elsewhere, Vincent van Gogh’s “Portrait of the Artist Without Beard” sold at auction for more than $71 million.
- 2001: President George W. Bush signed the most comprehensive air security bill in U.S. history.
- 2002: The U.S. government completed its takeover of security at 424 airports nationwide on this date. Elsewhere, the oil tanker Prestige broke into two pieces and sank off northwest Spain. The tanker hemorrhaged about 2 million gallons of fuel oil when it ruptured on November 13 as it was being towed 150 miles out to sea.
- 2003: Greg Ridley, bassist of Spooky Tooth and Humble Pie died from complications from pneumonia; he was 56 years old.
- 2008: Claudia Castillo has a successful trachea transplant from a stem cell-created organ.
- 2010: At a global conference, many nations urge lower fishing rates on the Atlantic Bluefin tuna; major fishing nations discuss quota limits on the critically endangered fish in Paris.
- 2011: Saif al-Islam Gaddafi, son of Muammar Gaddafi, undergoes capture in Libya; the International Criminal Court will try him for crimes against humanity.
- 2012: Burmese President Thein Sein and National League for Democracy leader Aung San Suu Kyi meet U.S. President Barack Obama, the country’s first visit from a sitting U.S. president.
- 2013: The Library of Congress commemorate the 150th Anniversary of President Abraham Lincoln’s ‘Gettysburg Address’–considered one of the greatest political speeches in U.S. history–at the historical site of the battle.
- 2014: A second round of heavy snow hits the Northeastern part of the nation with the bulk of it accumulating around Buffalo, New York, with snowfall hitting five feet or more. Seven people lost their lives and numerous travelers find themselves stranded.
- 2016: After severely criticizing Donald Trump during the 2016 presidential campaign, former governor and GOP 2012 presidential nominee, Mitt Romney, went to meet with Trump and with Mike Pence, the vice-president elect.
Original Beverly Carrick Artworks, Beverly Carrick—World Famous Artist, President James A. Garfield, Vice President Richard M. Johnson, Ray Collins, The Mothers of Invention, King Crimson, Andy McCulloch, Tom Evans, Badfinger, Greg Ridley, Spooky Tooth, Humble Pie, Guns’ N’ Roses, Matt Sorum, Gene Roddenberry, O. Bologolo, Political Topics and Essays, Colin Blunstone, China, Mao Zedong, Red Guards, Cultural Revolution, Itzi Nakamura, The Grand Bargain, Spheres of Influence, Saving the World, “Star Trek”, Japan, South Korea, India, Central America, South America, Argentina, Brazil, Mexico, The Middle East, North Africa, Central Asia, Taiwan, Tibet, European Union, Hong Kong, ISIS in Iraq and Syria, The Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS), ISIL, Iran, Boko Haram,
FEATURED ALBUM OF THE DAY:
NOT AVAILABLE AT AMAZON:
The next solo album released by vocalist Colin Blunstone came out in the Netherlands and slowly trickled westward, the superb “Late Nights in Soho” (July 12, 1979). Joining the vocalist-musician were John Verity (guitars/lead vocals), John Giblin (bass), Simon Phillips (drums), Paul Keogh (guitars), Clem Clemson from Humble Pie (lead guitar), Rod Argent (keyboards/vocals), and a few others to create an intoxicating sound. We hope you will seek this one out by visiting whatever site you must to pick it up although we highly recommend eBay as an excellent source for this hard to find album.
SPECIAL ALBUMS OF THE DAY:
Posted at the Tuesday, February 26, 2013 Blog Post:
Today’s album is Frank Zappa’s twenty-second solo album (TWO records on one disc), “Them or Us/Thing Fish,” came out in 1984 and is another pair of fine albums recorded by this amazing musical genius. Normally, we offer albums one at a time as the Barking Pumpkin record label released them in chronological order but in this case, we decided that these two excellent LPs had to be heard on ONE amazing disc. Please visit Amazon.com, the world’s greatest online department store in the world and pick up this delightful CD, do it now by using the link posted above; you are going to be glad you did.
Posted @ the Saturday, September 27, 2014 Blog Post A:
Queen and Paul Rodgers released their ONLY studio album, “The Cosmos Rocks,” on September 15, 2008. The album featured Paul Rodgers, Brian May, and Roger Taylor who perform all instruments between them. The band received a favorable rating for the album and some surprises abound. We hope you will seek this album out by visiting whatever site you do for the best in music; we know you will love it. Please, check it out now- we know you will love it.
[i] The Cultural Revolution was a time of ‘purification’ in Mao Zedong’s China when young cadres of idealized people went out across the countryside and brought the revolution to the people. While not pretty and violent in many places, it did set the mindset of the modern day Chinese communist party. Please check the ad section at the bottom of the post as we have selected some edifying books.
[ii] Most viewers of the original Star Trek believe that Gene Roddenberry’s world was one of socialism as everyone was more or less equal. It’s funny that the original show did not last more than 2, possibly 3 seasons? Can’t recall. You look it up.
WE WOULD LIKE TO THANK OUR PATRONS AND BENEFACTORS FOR KEEPING OUR BLOGS UP-AND-RUNNING. WE APPRECIATE WHAT THEY DO AS SHOULD YOU. WE ALSO THANK GOOGLE FOR BEING THE GREAT ORGANIZATION THEY ARE…AND FRIENDS AND FOLLOWERS, BUY MORE OF THE GOODS WE OFFER AS EVERY PURCHASE KEEPS THE LIGHTS ON, THE WATER RUNNING, AND THE PLUMBING WORKING…