Chef Lilah Paulikovich
C/O The AICP-END Blog
PO Box 20669
Bakersfield, CA 93390-0669
(Business Office: 661-374-1430)
AICPENDBLOG.COM AT WORDPRESS.COM
THE AMERICAN INSTITUTE OF CULINARY POLITICS-ELEMENTAL NEWS OF THE DAY COMMENTARY-OPINION-SPORTS-FOOD SERVICE FOR MONDAY, NOVEMBER 04, 2019 BY CHEF LILAH PAULIKOVICH
“JTF: Medicare for All as proposed by Liz Warren and others on the left is NOT Medicare at All but a big $52 trillion boondoggle that will ruin the nation and destroy the Democratic Party” by Chef Lilah Paulikovich
FALL SESSION 2019
BLOG POST #3,291 AT THE AICP-END
367 DAYS UNTIL ELECTION DAY 2020
IF Liz should win the Democratic Party’s 2020 nomination, Trump could win a 50 state landslide the likes of which, will destroy their party…
Kula, HI 96790, 11-04-2019 Monday: Welcome to a week of spiritual aloha, a grand time in which, you and I will commune on politics and whatever else pops up. Given how things are and have been for the past three years, I believe politics will be all we discuss because what else is there other than to wish the Washington Nationals a big congratulations and a warm, island-style hug complete with leis and the keys to Maui for their impressive World Series victory last week.
No sooner did poor Donald Trump win clearance from the Russian collusion investigation as run by that aged fossil, Robert S. Mueller III[i], the devious Democrats sought to embroil the commander-in-chief in a new conspiracy theory, one in which, he sought Ukrainian aid in investigating an already flawed and corrupt individual, former Vice President Joseph R. Biden and his son, Hunter[ii], someone who was in league with the Ukrainians in the drive to amass a vast fortune all because of his illustrious surname.
I will admit there have been times when I have been down in the dumps and been depressed over yet another thing President Trump has supposedly said or done when I knew in my heart and mind that he most likely had done or said NOTHING wrong. I mean, why would he what with the constant scrutiny he gets around the clock? It is as if he must undergo a pelvic exam by someone like Adam Schiff[iii] every single day he’s in office. Wow. What a thought. Time for a new doctor- I would not want a troll like Schiff looking up my hoo-hoo.
Ah, well, it is what it is. We can change our doctors, especially our ‘box docs’ but it takes a bit more work to rid ourselves of the likes of Adam Schiff, Nancy Pelosi, flabby Jerry Nadler, and boy oh boy oh boy, people like Mazie Hirono who is a continual embarrassment to our state although she seems to have gone silent since being unable to get rid of Justice Brett Kavanaugh.
Unfortunately, neither of Hawaii’s senators are up for reelection in 2020, neither Crazy Mazie or silent Brian Schatz[iv] (although we sure wish the heck they were because a Republican comeback in the state is on the horizon). You see, warm, loving people like those living in the nation’s 50th state can put up only so long with angry, aggressive hateful people like Sen. Hirono[v]. That woman is evil and she sure as heck needs to go.
Eric and I have no doubt that the Democrats are going to suffer in next year’s elections. I mean, how can they not? When someone as loony as Sen. Elizabeth Warren, she the proud- but phony- ‘Cherokee princess’ releases an insane plan as to HOW she plans to pay for Medicare for All and people in her own party begin jeering her, you know they are in trouble.
Sen. Warren says her plan will sneak in under the $52 TRILLION the federal government estimates such a plan will cost for a decade. She acts as though somehow that is a bargain? I do not normally swear or cuss but the first thing I thought when I heard it was “WTF?” The federal budget per year comes nowhere near that were we to add it up for 10 years and figure some appreciation into our calculations.
What makes it even worse is that the $52 TRILLION figure is for Medicare for All ALONE. That number does not include the other things the federal budget must pay for, whether Social Security, the national defense, education, infrastructure and other items that are extremely important.
Not to worry says, Sen. Liz Warren. We are going to force everyone we deem to be evil and ‘enemies of the state’ to fork over the dough. Jacob Pramuk (thank you) at CNBC provides the following figures (please see References):
- Employer Medicare Contribution: $8.8 trillion. (We are already getting soaked in out payouts for our workers that another increase could very well break the backs of not only just Hawaiian employers but the entire country’s).
- Taxes on individuals (supposedly the wealthy): $1.15 trillion.
- Eliminate tax breaks for medical expenses: $250 billion.
- Taxes on financial firms (based on a 1/10th percent tax on financial transactions): $800 billion.
- Fees on the 40 largest banks: $100 billion.
- Taxes on large corporations: $1.25 trillion.
- Taxes on overseas corporation earnings at 35 percent: $1.65 trillion.
- Taxes on the top 1 percent of wealthy individuals (the evil rich): $3 trillion.
- Better tax enforcement (meaning the IRS is going to crush EVERYONE): $2.3 trillion.
- Immigration reform: $400 billion.
- Elimination of the overseas contingency fund (so-called Pentagon ‘slush fund’: $800 billion.
- Total: $20.5 TRILLION[vi].
This brings in $20.5 TRILLION so we still need to come up with another $31.5 TRILLION to get the ball rolling on this steaming pile of hog crap and the promise that taxes will not increase for the middle class is a pile of fecal matter, too, because the wealthy and the corporations will bolt the country to friendlier environs, i.e., Panama, the Caribbean, and China, which will leave you, me, and everyone else paying for a disaster that will destroy our country.
Thanks, Liz, thanks. I hope you don’t win the nomination but if you should, Trump could win all fifty states and perhaps some that don’t yet know exist like the other seven that genius, Barack Obama, mentioned back in 2008.
Wow. Amazing. See you tomorrow.
Pastry Chef, ACF, CEC, CPC, Les Amis de Escoffier Society
I began working at the Maui Prince Hotel back in the 1970s. I apprenticed under some of the best European chefs back in the day and met Stinkbug, our mentor, on Maui in 1990. Presently, I am working up in Kula at one of the restaurants high up on Haleakala—it is a glorious life. The facsimiles you see of me were created by the famed up-and-coming, Bakersfield, California, street artist, the fabulous Simone. Thank you so much for the uh, beautiful likeness of me, your beloved pau hana host.
Chef Lilah Paulikovich writes from Kula, Maui, Hawaii.
Chef Lilah is a proud member of the Republican Party.
Contact me at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
CHEF LILAH PAULIKOVICH
END COMMENTARY 11-04-2019
COPYRIGHT © 2019 BY MHB PRODUCTIONS
WORD COUNT: 952
11-04-2019 Monday—Political Topics and Essays, Part MCMLXXVIII: “Medicare for All as proposed by Liz Warren and others on the left is NOT Medicare at All but a big $52 trillion boondoggle that will ruin the nation and destroy the Democratic Party” by Chef Lilah Paulikovich.
HOW TO CONTACT THE AMERICAN INSTITUTE OF CULINARY POLITICS-ELEMENTAL NEWS OF THE DAY: Write us at PO Box 20669, Bakersfield, CA 93390-0669 or call us at (661) 374-1430 between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m. PST weekdays and weekends, well, take your chances. You can also email us by contacting the author of the week using his or her email address, which we provide beneath their personal information.
The above icon is the “Trademark of Quality and Symbol of Integrity/Logo” of the Magnolia Hilltop Brewers and of What’s Cookin’ Productions. The AICP-END Blog copyrights this article © 11-02-2019, all rights reserved.
Paulikovich, Lilah. “Medicare for All as proposed by Liz Warren and others on the left is NOT Medicare at All but a big $52 trillion boondoggle that will ruin the nation and destroy the Democratic Party.” Political Topics and Essays, Part MCMLXXVIII
Pramuk, Jacob. “Elizabeth Warren says She would not raise Middle Class Taxes for $52 Trillion Health-Care Plan.” CNBC Online. 01-November-2019, 8:39 a.m. <https://www.cnbc.com/2019/11/01/elizabeth-warren-releases-plan-to-pay-for-medicare-for-all.html>
FOR FURTHER READING:
Edward “Eddie” Fitzgerald Carlton edited and rewrote the blog post today.
The Stinkbug symbol on CDs, DVDs, and Books means “approved by the American Institute of Culinary Politics-Elemental News of the Day” as well as adjusted or edited by the photographic editor.
PLEASE JOIN US AT THE AMERICAN INSTITUTE OF CULINARY POLITICS-ELEMENTAL NEWS OF THE DAY’S FACEBOOK PAGE—THIS IS WHERE YOU CAN SEE THE ALBUM OF THE DAY, THE BEVERLY CARRICK PAINTING OF THE DAY, AND THE POLITICAL CARTOON OF THE DAY PLUS ALL SORTS OF COMMENTARY!
PLEASE VISIT THE GREAT FACEBOOK PAGE OF AMERICA’S TOP ARTIST, BEVERLY CARRICK, SO YOU CAN SHARE COMMENTS AND FEELINGS ABOUT THE LIFE OF THIS AMAZING ARTIST. THERE WILL NEVER BE ANOTHER LIKE SHE, WE MOURN HER DEATH, WHICH OCCURRED IN NOVEMBER 2012. GOD REST AND BLESS HER SOUL!
PLEASE JOIN US AT THE AICP-END BLOG WHERE WE OFFER A STRIPPED-DOWN VERSION OF THE MAIN BLOG AT WORDPRESS. WE NEVER KNOW WHEN GOOGLE BLOGGER WILL PULL THE PLUG SO WE ARE BUILDING UP A SECONDARY SITE OVER THERE SO WE WILL BE READY WHEN AND IF INTERNET CENSORSHIP COMES.
VISIT BEVERLY CARRICK.COM TO SEE WHAT PAINTINGS ARE AVAILABLE FOR YOU TO PURCHASE—YOU WILL BE GLAD YOU DID. THERE, YOU WILL FIND MANY GORGEOUS PAINTINGS, SOME OF WHICH MAY STILL BE THERE FOR YOU TO ADD TO YOUR GROWING COLLECTION OF ARTWORKS.
KEEP READING THE ELEMENTARY NEWS OF THE DAY FOR THE BEST OF CULINARY POLITICS!
READ THE ELEMENTAL NEWS OF THE DAY FOR THE BEST NEWS, POLITICAL COMMENTARY, SPORTS, FOOD SERVICE, HOTEL, AND RESTAURANT BUSINESS, THE END TIMES, THE END OF DAYS, THE APOCALYPSE, ARMAGEDDON, AND WHATEVER ELSE HAPPENS TO POP UP!
THE BEVERLY CARRICK ORIGINAL ARTWORK OF THE DAY:
This artwork is #1076 a 14” x 11” original oil painting by Beverly Carrick, which, she entitled, “Mountain Village.” It is among her more beautiful works and is available for sale. You can see much more of her work at her Website, found at beverlycarrick.com, or at the blog’s Facebook page. At her Website, you will see not only more original oil paintings but also lithographs, giclees, prints, miniatures, photographs, and even her award-winning instructional video entitled, “Painting the Southwest with Beverly Carrick.” Beverly has been painting for more than 60 years and known around the world for both the beauty and timelessness of her artworks. Hanging in private and public galleries and followed by many fans encircling the globe—her works instill awe because of her artistic brilliance and personal beauty. We urge you to go to her Website NOW and view her work. It is possible that you will find something you like and will want to buy it for yourself, a friend, a loved one, or a neighbor! You will not be disappointed so please: do yourself a favor and go there IMMEDIATELY! Thank you, the American Institute of Culinary Politics-Elemental News of the Day!
Beverly Carrick: The World’s Greatest Artist (1927-2012)
Lilah Paulikovich, Political Topics and Essays, Argent, Donald Trump, Robert S. Mueller III, Trump-Russia Collusion, Trump-Ukrainian Collusion, Jerrold Nadler, Mazie Hirono, Brian Schatz, Elizabeth Warren,
TODAY IN HISTORY—NOVEMBER 04, 2019:
U.S. Supreme Court Associates Justice Thomas Johnson, Benjamin Robbins Curtis and Stephen Johnson Field; the Pretenders featuring James Honeyman-Scott and Tower of Power featuring David Garibaldi:
- 1732: In St. Leonard, Maryland, the future 7th U.S. Supreme Court Associate Justice Thomas Johnson is born. President George Washington nominated his fellow Federalist to fill the seat of Associate Justice John Rutledge. Johnson would serve from 08-06-1792 to 01-16-1793 (resigned from office).
- 1809: In Watertown, Mass., future 32nd U.S. Supreme Court Associate Justice Benjamin Robbins Curtis is born. President Millard Fillmore nominated the Whig-turned-Republican to fill the seat of Democratic-Republican Associate Justice Levi Woodbury. Curtis would serve from 10-10-1851 to 09-30-1857.
- 1816: In Haddam, CT., future 38th U.S. Supreme Court Associate Justice Stephen Johnson Field is born. President Abraham Lincoln nominated the Democrat during the Civil War to fill a NEW seat on the nation’s highest court. Field would serve from 05-20-1863 to 12-01-1897.
- 1841: The first wagon train arrives in California.
- 1842: Abraham Lincoln marries Mary Todd in Springfield, Illinois.
- 1846: Benjamin Palmer received a patent for an artificial leg.
- 1847: Scottish obstetrician James Young Simpson discovered the anesthetic qualities of chloroform on this date.
- 1856: The people of the United States elect James Buchannan president of the nation.
- 1862: Inventor Richard J. Gatling received a U.S. patent for his rapid-fire Gatling gun.
- 1874: Samuel J. Tilden becomes the governor of New York State.
- 1879: Humorist Will Rogers was born in Oologah, Oklahoma.
- 1880: James and John Ritty of Dayton, Ohio, patent the cash register.
- 1884: Democrat Grover Cleveland beats Republican James G. Blaine for the presidency of the United States.
- 1918: In Kiel, Russia, revolutionaries and sailors take control of the city as the Bolshevik uprising gathers steam.
- 1922: The entrance to King Tutankhamen’s tomb was uncovered in Egypt.
- 1924: Nellie T. Ross of Wyoming was elected the nation’s first female governor to serve out the remaining term of her husband, William B. Ross. Meanwhile, Calvin Coolidge wins reelection for president of the United States.
- 1939: The United States modified its neutrality stance in World War I, allowing “cash and carry” purchases of arms by belligerents, a policy favoring Britain and France. Meanwhile, in Chicago, Illinois, the first air-conditioned automobile—a Packard—goes on display at an auto show.
- 1942: During World War II, Axis forces retreated from El Alamein in North Africa in a major victory for British forces commanded by General Bernard Law Montgomery.
- 1946: Future drummer with the East Bay, horn-driven funk-rock band, Tower of Power—David Garibaldi—is born in Oakland, California, on this date.
- 1950: U.S. and UN troops begin evacuating Pyongyang, North Korea, in the face of heated Chinese attacks.
- 1952: Dwight D. Eisenhower was elected president, defeating Democrat Adlai Stevenson. Meanwhile, the highly secretive National Security Administration came into being.
- 1956: The Soviet Union sends tanks and 200,000 troops into Hungary to quell the uprising and threatens to begin bombing Budapest. Elsewhere, James Honeyman-Scott, future guitarist and vocalist with the Pretenders, is born in the Great Britain on this date.
- 1964: A three-judge panel in New York convicted ‘comedian’ Lenny Bruce on obscenity charges stemming from his performances at the Café Au Go-Go in Greenwich Village. Bruce received a posthumous pardon in 2003 from New York Republican Governor George Pataki.
- 1965: Lee Ann Roberts Breedlove became the first woman to exceed 300 mph when she hit a speed of 308.5 mph.
- 1978: Iranian troops begin firing on anti-Shah protesters at the Tehran University.
- 1979: The Iran Hostage Crisis began as militants stormed the U.S. Embassy in Tehran seizing its occupants; for some, it was the start of 444 days of captivity.
- 1980: Governor Ronald Reagan won the White House defeating President Jimmy Carter by a strong margin.
- 1984: Nicaragua holds its first free elections in 56 years; the Sandinistas win by 63-percent.
- 1985: Soviet defector Vitaly Yurchenko announced he was returning to the Soviet Union. He had charged that the CIA kidnapped him and made him become a ‘defector.’
- 1987: The NBA announces four new franchises: The Charlotte Hornets, the Miami Heat for 1988, the Minneapolis Timberwolves, and the Orlando Magic for 1989.
- 1989: About one million East Germans filled the streets of East Berlin in a pro-democracy rally.
- 1990: Iraq issued a statement in which it said it was prepared to fight a ‘dangerous war’ rather than relinquish its hold on neighboring Kuwait.
- 1991: President Ronald Reagan opened his presidential library in Simi Valley, California; in attendance were President George H. W. Bush, and former Presidents Jimmy Carter, Gerald R. Ford, Richard Nixon—the first-ever gathering of five past and present U.S. chief executives.
- 1995: Israeli Prime Minister Yitzhak Rabin was assassinated by a right-wing Israeli minutes after attending a festive peace rally.
- 1999: The United Nations imposed economic sanctions against the Taliban regime that controlled most of Afghanistan. The world body imposed the sanctions because the Taliban refused to hand Osama bin Laden over for his part in masterminding the 1998 bombings of the U.S. embassies in Kenya and Tanzania. Less than two years later, the Islamist scumbag set in motion the diabolical attacks of September 11, 2001.
- 2001: In the World Series, the Arizona Diamondbacks beat the New York Yankees 4 games to three. Elsewhere, Hurricane Michelle roared across Cuba, forcing the government to shut down power for much of the communist island and evacuate 750,000 people.
- 2007: King Tutankhamen’s face was unveiled for the first time to the public more than 3,000 years after the pharaoh was buried in his Egyptian tomb.
- 2008: Democrat Barack Hussein Obama was elected the first black president of the United States, defeating Republican challenger Senator John S. McCain. Barack Obama becomes the 44th president of the nation and Joe Biden the 47th vice president of the country.
- 2013: A successor to the SR-71 Blackbird is being built by Lockheed Martin. The company’s Advanced Development Programs, known by the alias Skunk Works, has taken on the challenge to build the SR-72, capable of flying at Mach 6 with expected delivery in 2023.
- 2014: Not only do the Republicans retain control of the House of Representatives, they add to their numbers in it as well as gain control of the Senate thanks to the oppressive policies of President Barack Hussein Obama[vii].
Original Beverly Carrick Artworks, Beverly Carrick—World Famous Artist, James Honeyman-Scott, The Pretenders, Tower of Power, David Garibaldi, U.S. Supreme Court Associate Justice Thomas Johnson, U.S. Supreme Court Associate Justice Benjamin Robbins Curtis, U.S. Supreme Court Associate Justice Stephen Johnson Field, Lilah Paulikovich, Political Topics and Essays, Argent, Donald Trump, Robert S. Mueller III, Trump-Russia Collusion, Trump-Ukrainian Collusion, Jerrold Nadler, Mazie Hirono, Brian Schatz, Elizabeth Warren, Medicare for All, Barack Obama, “57 States”, Taxing the Wealthy, Overseas Contingency Fund, Medicare for All is NOT Medicare at All,
FEATURED ALBUM OF THE DAY:
Argent released their tertiary effort, “All Together Now,” on July 18, 1972 and featured the same lineup as their first two efforts: Rod Argent (all keyboards/vocals), Russ Ballard (guitars/vocals), Jim Rodford (bass/vocals), and Bob Henrit (drums and percussion). The album was their best to date with the big radio hit, “Hold Your head Up.” Fans were delighted when the album came out as it demonstrated the potential of an up-and-coming band, one that would be a constant touring group throughout the 1970s. We hope you will consider listening to this one and adding it to your growing collection of classic rock music as both the band and the record are superb.
SPECIAL ALBUMS OF THE DAY:
Posted @ the Monday, February 11, 2013:
Today’s album is Frank Zappa’s eighth solo album, “Zoot Allures,” which came out in 1976 and is another excellent installment in the ongoing legacy of Frank Zappa and all of the bands in which, he displayed his zany craziness. Great music and a definite must for all serious collectors of the band and of the musical times, you can buy this CD now simply picking it up at your favorite site for the best in rock music.
Posted @ the Friday, September 19, 2014 Blog Post B:
Free released a ‘best of’ compilation on April 05, 2006, “Chronicles.” This album featured 35 selections from all the band’s studio albums, including both post-break-up and reformation albums. If you have yet to buy the music of this short-lived but highly influential British band, this is a fabulous way in which to do it so please, seek it out and consider adding it to your collection- you will be glad you did. Great music by a phenomenal band.
[i] Bob Mueller did clear President Trump on colluding with Russia although now in a variety of online articles such as < https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/29/us/politics/mueller-special-counsel.html>, he swears he didn’t. Come on Bob, go back to the rest home and STFU. Editor’s note.
[ii] IF anyone has colluded with foreign powers, it is this father and son duo who seem to have amassed a fortune by doing backroom deals with the Ukrainians and the Chinese. Shame on them.
[iii] Imagine if this lolo was a gynecologist, what woman would ever feel secure lying in the stirrups and having this facsimile of man looking between her legs and feeling her up? I am telling you, the only time this loser gets his rocks off is when he is in the shower thinking about what a ‘hero’ he is going to be when he impeaches and gets Trump thrown out of office. Yes, I am talking stink about this bum.
[iv] Brian Schatz comes up for re-election in 2022 while Crazy Lizzie comes up in 2024- if she isn’t in the White House by then.
[v] Sen. Hirono does not have the popularity she once had in the islands. Everyone thinks she is a spiteful, hateful, b***h and that they hope we have a better choice when she comes up for re-election. You and me both.
[vi] Sen. Warren swears she has a math doctoral student working on her numbers but we all recall that Pres. Barack Obama had all manner of people willing to lie for him so they could stuff Obamacare down our throats.
[vii] By the time all was said and done, President Obama cost his party more than 1,500 seats around the nation thanks to the unpopularity of his failed policies.
WE THANK EVERYONE FOR JOINING US AT WORDPRESS.COM AND FOR AIDING US IN CONTINUING TO DO THE WORK WE TOOK UPON OURSELVES MORE THAN A DECADE AGO.